Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

7/21/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Until you do coke.

2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Eh.
    You can work from home.
    Stay with the kids. Not pay childcare.

And still bring in a little coin.

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But if you're doing that how can you be using and peddling cocaine?

5. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cocaine and ADD med abuse are rampant in SAHM culture.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hhmm I'm starting to see why they think pyramid schemes will work.

7. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Love it. They feature my town a fair amount on there and I worked with one of the deputies in college. It's bizarre as hell to watch and see someone you know in an area you're aware of deal with the things they have to.

8. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you think most of them know it's all completely bullshit?

I'm pretty liberal with the "mute" button on Facebook so they don't last long, but I've seen a big influx of total-bullshit MLMs that are pedaling ridiculous products, like body wraps that claim to make you lose 20 lbs, or special juices for cleansing diets.

They all seem really into it, but I expect that's got to be part of the marketing. A few of them are absolutely dumb enough to buy into the idea that 5 minutes per day in a piece of gold-tinted seran wrap will make you lose more weight than diet and exercise. But I thought a few of them were fairly reasonable people.

I'd ask them directly, but I can't think of a tactful way to say, "are you actually stupid enough to think that the human body will simply dissolve all of your adipose tissue just because it was touched by a flimsy piece of $30 plastic?"

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

http://gizmodo.com/nasa-calls-bullshit-on-goops-120-bio-frequency-healing-1796309360

There are some very, very stupid people in the world, because they have managed to survive and thrive by looking good rather than being smart.

In the words of Judge Judy, "beauty fades, but dumb is forever"

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes. The number of people that willingly believe this - WANT to believe this is huge. There are hundreds of weight loss programs and plans, and hundreds of weight loss books on the shelves at bookstores. Why? There is only one way to lose weight, besides lopping off body parts. Consume fewer calories. Period. The end. (Which, is really hard to do.) So, any pitch to do something easier, even if unbelievable, is grabbed at.

11. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Somehow I ended up having a lot of friends that are Beachbody "coaches". I've tried talking with them about how even though they're actually doing workouts and exercise, it's still a pyramid scheme since the only real way to make any money is by selling their supplements and powders. On the other hand, a lot of them post a ton of skimpy "workout" pictures, so I haven't muted them just yet...

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's crazy. Exercising and being fit definitely is part of a healthy lifestyle, it can lower your cholesterol, it can make you mentally feel better, and doing exercise can inspire you to eat better. However, you can run a marathon every day, but if you don't put down the junk food, it won't help. Running a mile burns about 120 calories. A 12 oz can of Coke has 140 calories. If you don't exercise and you're overweight, what's easier? Getting out to run a mile? Or, to drink water instead of soda during lunch?

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yup, they are usually very attractive Stay at Home Moms. One of the girls on my feed is a smokeshow from my highschool that asked, in all seriousness, if a kid's finger would grow back after he lost it in a dirtbike accident. Beach Body actually had some fun work out videos. Insanity is a decent HiiT workout for newbs. The fact they decided to push their supplements mlm style dissapoints me. My old job worked with them on a research study and they have a very comprehensive CRM database of their customers they gave us access to recruit from. I was shocked how much they were averaging a month, millions of dollars for the midwest alone, in recurring revenue from shakeology and DVD sales. I wasn't privvy to the subject of the study but I think it was about the time they pivoted to their mlm push.

14. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's not what makes it a pyramid scheme. The pyramid part is getting people signed up under you to sell supplements and that being the only way to make money.

I really want to start a pyramid scheme.

I'm also ashamed to admit that I enjoy going to pampered chef parties. Even if it is a rip off. I'm a sucker for kitchen gadgets.

15. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man I love the ghetto. Get out of a meeting about menthol and as I'm walking out of the hospital (which is where the meeting was at), I hear two women screaming at each other at the top of their lungs.

One keeps say "IT'S NOT MY FAULT...BIIITCH!, WHY YOU GOTTA CALL THE COPS!"
    Other one just keeps saying, "I'M GONNA KICK YO FUCKIN ASS HO"

#135 toddamus, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Where's he been lately? Making someone miserable in real life?

17. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shit I had no idea what the noise was about, maybe it was a guy, maybe it was a piece of fried chicken, I just don't know

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Maybe he finally did that travel pharmacist thing and lives in the jungle with no internet.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Is Sarah Huckabee Sanders hate-fuckable or not?

I can't decide.

20. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe? The shakeology and beachbody ones don't because they jump in and do restricted calories and meal replacements with a 30-45 minute body weight workout 6 days a week plus a good stroller walk, so of course they lose weight - but they attribute it to the program and not to common sense lifestyle changes.

But the wraps etc...

Denial is powerful?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.