Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

6/27/14 WDT - HAPPY FUCKING CANADA DAY, EH - NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Where the fuck are they from, Venus? Your folks are the Seinfelds.

2. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I sleep with the ac on high so it is freezing in my room, and then pile on the blankets to be nice and warm because, fuck penguins.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

And you guys are as high up as Hudson Bay. I also loved your inexpensive furniture in my early twenties.

4. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My dad's dog is a terminator

[​IMG]

5. stopthemonster

stopthemonster
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It's hot here in Nebraska, I have an ongoing battle with my wife over 2 degrees on the thermostat... 76... 74... 76... what does WDT mean anyways?

6. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Weekly Drunk Thread.

7. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Those 2 degrees can make a world of difference. My parents keep their house at 76, which seems high to me but it's very comfortable. As soon as it hits 77, I start breaking a sweat.

I keep my place at 70 or lower. In the summer, my electric bill will push $100 but in the winter it will drop to below $50. My gas bill will jump up though.

8. stopthemonster

stopthemonster
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I knew there was a reason I felt a deep appreciation and connection to these posts...

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Not everyone's wasted. It's a miscellaneous topic thread. However, drunk do people post here and it is excellent when it happens. And high people, like I am. Stick around until Christmas and things can be pretty entertaining at times. Until then, we can all hope that Natty comes back some day to show more naked pictures of his sister.

Yes. That was a thing that happened.

10. stopthemonster

stopthemonster
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I kind of assumed that not all posts are from impaired people. However, I appreciate the heart of a thread where it's implied... Thus Natty seems like a class act...

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He was drunk when he did it it. Angry drunk. And being a man , not responsible for his actions.

12. stopthemonster

stopthemonster
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'm more curious where these photos came from... was he drink when he took then and posted them? Food he have them and just posted when he was drunk? If so, WTF right?

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Back in the early days of the Tucker Max forums, all the threads during the week were kept serious and strictly on-topic. The Weekend Drunk Thread was spun up every Friday as a general free-for-all release, and then closed down Monday morning.

Seeing as this board was modeled almost identically after the TM forums after they folded, and the vast majority of initial members were immigrants from that board, we did the same. As people drifted away and the the active membership shrunk too low to support that model, we expanded it to be a weekly thread.

14. stopthemonster

stopthemonster
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've never been active on a board where staying on topic was a big deal. I'm most active on a board called Home Brew Talk. It's too expand knowledge of brewing better beer. Staying on topic is sometimes difficult at best.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I think the act of straying off topic is where the best stories happen.

And having a thread that essentially says "here is a topic, but just go from here about whatever" is kinda what brings the community together. We go where we like, and I've seen no complaints unless it gets too political.

In that vein, instead of derailing a great thread further, I decided to go with one of the original topics and try an "Ask Me Anything" thread. We'll see how it goes. But until/unless it gets approved, please direct any PTSD questions toward me via PM. Don't want to stop the NSFW wagon here further.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, it can be a bit of a new idea to some people, but personally I find that enforcing the focus on threads really leads to higher quality, or what I like to call a good signal:noise.

Some people like to talk just to hear themselves talk... and some people talk a LOT. If we let them babble incessantly about inane shit, the quality stuff would just get lost, people would get bored, and they'd leave. People that post a "me too" or "+1" can go fuck themselves, because they aren't bringing anything of substance to the table.

We try not to mod that much around here, and we generally don't have to, for the most part, because they know what could happen if they stray off topic or do stupid shit.

But if something is off-topic, but genuinely witty/smart/funny, then we'll gladly let it slide, and even encourage it. Just ask Juice, who's been responsible for a few of those threads due to his incredible proclivity for typos.

It might keep some people from posting around here, but tough shit. Grow some balls, say something worth saying, or lurk.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

[youtube-https:1pyx9ldm]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJQ9AWwnA2Q[/youtube-https:1pyx9ldm]

FYI, I've now added a new YOUTUBE-HTTPS tag, which should work for the new "always https" Youtube links.

So just cut/paste your YouTube links between that new tag and it should be all good now, as you can see from the test above.

18. Vorticon

Vorticon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

About to drop the GF at her parents' place, head to the pub, then down to the park for the rugby. Ten years ago a fixture like this would sell out the stadium in advance, but it will be barely half full tonight. Should still be an awesome game, my favourite team vs the team I probably hate the most. Fuck Canterbury rugby.

Looking for more tries like the one we saw last time they played -

[youtube-https:1tdwkc0x]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v4BKngx3Xg[/youtube-https:1tdwkc0x]

As a side note, are any of you heading to the All Blacks-USA game later this year?

19. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wasn't Natty's sister doing cam shows and he "found" her on the web one day?
    I seem to remember someone having a sister who was getting naked for money on the web.

20. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You may say fuck Canterbury but at least they're not Jafa's. Auckland would be a nice place to visit if it wasn't full of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.