Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

6/23/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

On my way to work today the DJ read an article. It said that people that like bitter things like candy, strong black coffee and such are more prone to be psyco. Although I'm no coffee drinker I do have a love LOVE relationship with all things extreme sour and always have.

It kind of got me thinking about why I love it so much because with the extreme stuff it's almost pain inducing, my eyes water and sometimes I sputter and cough. Let me tell you it is not fun to cough and get an even teeny tiny piece of something sour stuck in your throat. But, that never stops me from doing it, ever.

Anyway, what do you love and do at any given opportunity that you know is going to cause some discomfort? Why do you think you do it and/or love it?

2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Playing hockey, I know I'm going to be sore exhausted and tired afterwards, I also know there's a good likelihood I'll get hurt playing. But the game just has a hold on me.

3. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Extremely hot chicken wings. There's a couple of places here in town that make some exceptionally tasty wings but are also hot as all get out. And I know that without fail, after eating those, I'll experience another level of burning the next day, but they're just so damn good.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I used to laugh at the over-40 leagues.

Then I hit 40.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Old Timer leagues are awesome, because the rules are more akin to road rules than ice. My uncle played goalie for his team and he would tie a two-foot-long rope around one end of his stick and the other around wrist to he could launch it at incoming opposing players then snap it back into his blocker.

6. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm going to need video of this. Thats really unbelievable.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

8. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well if I assumed you play hockey and don't then I'm a dumb American. Better off assuming not every Canadian plays hockey and go from there

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, I'm just fucking with you... surprisingly few Canadians actually play hockey in a registered league of any kind... there's more soccer than hockey.

But when I was growing up, every kid played street hockey at a minimum, and a lot of us played in leagues.

10. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Similarly after growing up in Minnesota I thought it was normal for all of the ball parks in a town to turn into hockey rinks come winter. Pickup baseball in the summer and pickup hockey in the winter, just skates and sticks.

#10 katokoch, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  11. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yea, soccer is cheap, hockey isn't.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I did power skating for ten years along with hockey. A fucking bootcamp on skates that made me very fast. My ankles now thank me.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Basketball: also cheap. So is Rugby, if you leave out all the first-aid.

The problem is a combination of pricey contact sport equipment and the fact kids constantly grow out of the shit. If you're the parent of a goalie on a Tier One kids team? Buh-bye disposable income.

14. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For those who don't speak hockey, power skating=pain, torture but it does make you a better player

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

We had an organized street hockey league in our neighbourhood. I had two nets and because I played on ice... LOTS of spare sticks. Your team was the street you lived on and whoever would play for them. The trophy was "The Bubba Cup" which was a fire log topped off with my Mr. T thermos.

This was of course in the era before there was "Street Hockey Equipment". For one, we call it ROAD hockey in EOA land, townie. But goalie pads still came down to having an old spare pair, or duct taping couch cushions to your sweatpants.

16. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I eat really spicy salsa...the kind that makes you miserable. I love it.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Oh, pish. You eat because you like to say Salsaaaaaaa....

18. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Every year there's a big classic car show in Saint Paul, MN called Back to the Fifties and it's going on this weekend so everyone with a T-bucket, classic Chevy, etc. has them out and it is glorious. Just glorious. It actually feels really dangerous on the highways because almost everyone is distracted by the sudden influx of amazing old cars out and about.

Focus:
    Checkering gunstocks can be surprisingly exhausting and when (not if) you fuck up, you want to tear your hair out because mistakes are impossible to hide... though is it really rewarding when you can pull it off. By far one of the most difficult things I've tried to learn but at the same time I'm really glad I went for it.

#18 katokoch, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I like hot sauce. I put it on everything. Sometimes I'll just put a bag of uncle bens rice in the microwave, pour it in a bowl, cover it in cheese, and pour enough hot sauce on it that the color of the rice changes a completely different shade.

I love the flavor, don't get me wrong, but I also love challenging myself. Like how hot can I take it? I want it to cause me physical pain. It's a rush. Used to do it with alcohol too. Rot gut tequila, cheap whiskey or vodka. Shots. Not so much to make me sick from the amount, but just like once in a while to see what I could handle without a chaser.

And that's how addiction begins!

20. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: I live in an area that over the last couple years is booming with micro-breweries turning out some excellent product. But lately it seems that skmething about the beers, I don't know, impurities or something, tears my guts out. I'll still have a few, I just know the next day I need to stay near a bathroom for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.