Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

6/17/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I'd bitch about the abysmal basketball game I watched last night but this isn't the right thread.

I was up later than usual last night to watch the end of this. Today I am asking myself why because for the most part it sucked and the end was the worst part.

FOCUS: What's the movie you've seen that had the absolute worst ending and why?

2. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

North. It was a fucking dream. It was all a fucking dream. Even 13 year old Angel knew that was a pussy cop-out.

3. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't often view a movie then think of ways the ending could be better if I *liked* the movie itself. That is how the author intended it, the movie is ostensibly as it should be. For instance people get pissed that Leo died in Titanic, or the couple dies in The Notebook. Why? That's what the author wanted, who are you to say different because you got upset? That was the point. But if the entire experience was shit or near shit, I'll think of ways it could have been improved. Typically flicks that couldn't have been saved anyway, or "who gives a shit" movies. Like, Transformers should have never been made and the money spent on a mountain of cocaine instead. There. Instantly improved, same outcome.

People got pissed at The Dark Tower series. I never read it, but I am going to assume its creator knows the series best, and will continue to do what he wants to achieve his artistic vision. That's the second price of the ride after the ticket.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The worst ending ever was a French slasher movie called High Tension. It's an excellent thriller up until it's twist ending, which is utterly retarded, abrupt and literally impossible even when considering the laws of physics. I've never seen a conclusion ruin a movie so incredibly, it simply murdered the narrative with idiocy.

And North? One of the worst movies ever made. "Shaggy Dog Joke" endings suck regardless. See: The Devils Advocate, Jacob's Ladder, Dressed To Kill.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

North was a fun movie. What?

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Message in a Bottle. I went with a girl at her suggestion and neither of us had read the book. Awful.

At first, I thought you had misplaced your parentheses. Because, I assumed that everyone has seen Fight Club, and that you were saying that Pick of Destiny is required viewing and I was all damn right and then I realized you meant Fight Club and I was sad that you didn't also hold PoD in high regard and I was like I don't even know you anymore and think your choice of friends may be questionable. If your friend never saw it, then don't you mean your ex-friend?

And, you can't kill the metal.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Pick of Destiny was hilarious (especially "Master Exploder"). That kid playing Jack Black at the beginning gave one of the most uncanny impressions ever, seconded only to the guy playing "Young Nookie" on Boardwalk. Tell me that kid isn't Steve Buscemi's clone.

8. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait, we just watched Fight Club last weekend. You're telling me Bob was Meatloaf?!?!?!

[​IMG]

9. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pick of Destiny is the best musical ever made. Singing In The Rain had a complete lack of Satan and cock push-ups. MEatloaf starts at 1:15, total Rocky Horror music ripoff:

Bonus: Dio.

Wait, really? He's even in the credits, "Meatloaf Aday."

Meatloaf is versatile, not only in acting, but complimenting mac and cheese and peas super well.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But, if you put green bell peppers in Meatloaf, I will cut a bitch.

11. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't watch the credits (which means I also missed the dick pic) and he didn't look familiar enough to look him up on imdb.

Fun thing about the Fight Club blu-ray, they totally troll you with the menu screen. At first it shows up as the menu screen for Never Been Kissed for a few seconds, then morphs into the real one.

12. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You gotta chop that shit up fine. I hate chunks of uncooked bell pepper. Pathologically so. But chopped fine and cooked soft cajun style they're awesome aromatics.

Fuck it, theme appropriate. My Meatloaf recipe partially stolen from Bobby Flay:

1/2 onion
    1/2 green bell pepper
    1 small carrot
    1 small stalk celery
    3 cloves garlic

2 eggs
    2 pounds beef
    4 strips bacon finely chopped
    breadcrumbs
    chopped parsley
    salt, pepper

1/2 cup ketchup
    1/8 cup Balsamic vinegar
    Dash thick hot sauce like Franks or Sriracha

Finely chop mirepoix (vegetables). Sautee in olive oil until soft, translucent, not browned. Add garlic last 30 seconds of cooking. Mix meat, eggs, mirepoix (oil and all from the pan), seasoning, parsley, just enough breadcrumbs to bind (1/2 cup - 1 cup) until it looks like a giant meatball. Form a loaf on an oiled baking sheet. Mix the glaze in a bowl. Brush it onto loaf. Cook 1 hour at 425 F. Possibly add another glaze layer during cooking. Rest 10 minutes before slicing.

Eat that shit with mac & cheese, change your life.

13. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Feel like you've gained a few too many pounds? Disappointed in your ever-expanding waistline?
    Visit Pennsylvania! We'll make you feel thin again!

Pennsylvania: It's all relative! trademark pending

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's been awhile since I watched Fight Club - I thought the dick thing wasn't in the credits, but in the part where he was talking about the cigarette burn / reel change in the projection room.

15. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I've never had meatloaf. My cretin little brother loved the stuff, so my mom made it WAY TOO OFTEN for him. I wouldn't even try it. Screw that mound of meat with ketchup on top. That probably makes me a commie bastard, but so be it.

I'm so ready for this weekend! Summer's here -> PRNs aren't -> we're being floated to shitty areas with shitty people. I need a drink.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

17. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I made a meatloaf the other day with some leftover ground pork and barbecue sauce instead of ketchup. It came out a little burnt because I was winging it and I'm pretty sure my meat thermometer is miscalibrated, but I erred on the side of caution when it came to possibly undercooked ground pork and my current lack of health insurance. It still tasted pretty good.

18. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I know some of y'all are here in Texas, if you ever see an Alamo beer out there, but it. They have a new one called the Maibock and it is amazing. Sitting at their brewery, they're just passing out samples to anyone around.

I mean, if it was good enough for Hank Hill, then Alamo is good enough for me. Favorite beer out there right now...

19. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

People come to Ohio from Pennsylvania to feel skinny. Gimme five bucks and you can take a picture with me.

My mother just moved to New Mexico from Ohio and she keeps commenting on how not fat the people are. Thanks, John Kasich!

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Just got my father's day gift:

Indoor skydiving lessons at one of those wind tunnel things they just built in the city. 2 sessions.

Oh hell fucking yeah!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.