Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

6/12/815 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Jun 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Uhh wut? That dude in the video was not manipulated into making the video. It was all staged and he was hired along with a director. This isn't the Duke Lacrosse case because it is much more ambiguous. I agree it's creepy and fucking nuts. Reading the feminist blogoshpere's reaction to it and them breaking it down like it is a Van Gogh is, well, wow. It looks like she gives a crappy beej.

2. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, shitcakes. I was under the impression she got some random dude to fuck her, unknowingly filmed it, then claimed it was also a rape. Still, NO IDEA how this shit fucking works.

That scenario is even worse. Did she use the same mattress? Or does she have to carry two around now? How the hell does she carry books with all that extra shit weighing her down? Or does she not even bother with texts because they are a representation of the male dominated patriarchy. I have so many questions.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

She graduated so I guess she doesn't have to lug it around anymore? That's be a tough one to explain in job interviews.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wasn't familiar with the Emma girl - even though all the articles I scanned included some version of the phrase "art student famous for carrying a mattress around." Famous? - so, I did a brief search to try and understand the back story. This stuck out for me: Columbia has a "campus Office of Gender-Based and Sexual Misconduct." I think that if you have a University-sanctioned and funded OFFICE for this, you're not doing enough education, research and policing on your campus. If it got to the point where there were either so many complaints or the accusers (and parents) were not satisfied with the response, that they have created an OFFICE for it? That's nuts. Do they promote that in their handbook? "Come to Columbia, and feel totally safe from rapey situations, because we have a whole office dedicated to monitoring that."

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

She brought the fucking thing up on stage at her grad commencement. Despite the fact she's been exposed as a liar she was given huge applause. Fuck that lunatic.

6. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

She was exposed as a liar? I get not believing her, but what makes you so confident in calling her a liar?

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

In separate incidents, both the university and the district attorney's office refused to persue the case because of lack of both evidence and reason. Like CJ said, this all adds up to screaming rape from scorn. Which has happened. The whole situation sucks because on-campus assault is a serious fucking issue, and people like this subject nutbag carry on what seems to be a huge facade disguised as "performance art".

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Her facebook messages after the fact aren't definitive proof to me like it seems to be for a lot. They are pretty innocuous.

Poor Smashmouth:

#88 Kubla Kahn, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  9. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

"Rape from scorn" happens, but false rape allegations are rare, and false "I was jilted" allegations are even rarer. The majority of people who make false allegations do it for the following reasons:

• They were caught in the commission of another crime
    • They were caught in adultery
    • They were teenagers and they were doing something their parents shouldn't know about.

It is extremely rare that a person files a rape charge because they are mad somebody didn't want to date them. It is in fact, rarer that that happens than a DA refusing to press charges, especially in a case as ambiguous as this. I don't know what happened, and there's a lot about this case that is shady, but I still believe -- just based on the numbers alone -- that the likeliest outcome is that they had a sexual encounter which she characterized as assault and he did not.

The thing about all of this that gets me: people talked a lot about how she ruined his life, and how everybody will turn against him, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that she is the victim of way more vitriol than he is. It also just strikes me as rare that somebody brings up a false allegation against somebody that they know and have had a sexual relationship with: most fakes use a stranger.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not that I disagree that she will be shit on a lot by internet cretins but in terms of what they have to look forward to I still think he got the worse end of the social outrage stick. It seems she wants to become some sort of feminist (or social justice or what ever) personality which with this case and today's climate on the subject she will be lionized for. She'll be able to do the speaking circuit, have any of her "artwork" fawned over, and in general become a minor celebrity off of her, still, supposed trauma. What's he got to look forward to? His best bet is to move back to Germany and hope his story is buried in the over flowing sea of new things to be outraged about.

11. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since when does a lack of sufficient evidence to proceed with a criminal investigation equate to being exposed as a liar?

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Wow. So, I think Visa has drastically increased their threshold for fraud alert on their cards. Within the past 2 months, our card has been shut off without notice 6 or 7 times. We are on our 3rd set of cards. Navyfed can't do anything except issue us new cards and I am on hold with visa. I fucking hate talking to these people. "Ok, so to clarify....your card has been stolen and you'd like to be issued a new card?" WHAT THE FUCK. Their English is good but their comprehension skills are close to nil. She also tried to transfer me to navyfed literally 10 times when I asked for her supervisor.

Yay globalization....

Oh and PS. There was only ever 1 fraudulent charge, and we caught it. And it was 2 years ago. Fuck. I just want to buy groceries and not worry if my card is going to freaking work.

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Oh, it isn't visa. It is navy fed. "I'm sorry, we cannot lower our high security standards because of all that stuff that happened with Target..." Bullshit. You may not have the authority to fix it, but this isn't in place to protect me. It's to protect your financial institution.

I JUST WANT TO BUY FOOD. Can I go get my groceries now? Oops....gotta wait until the new ones are reissued in 10 days.

14. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was gonna say, fraud alert and protection usually falls to the issuing bank or credit union. Chase's fraud protection and customer service related to it is fantastic. If anything, they are a bit too redundant as Ive been called, texted, and emailed about the same charges. Normally I will get a text about a charge, 1 for OK, 2 for Not Ok, and if its a 2, a call follows shortly thereafter. I lost my CC one night, didn't realize it, and woke up to texts about some moron running up a bunch of 20-40 charges at gas stations and CVS/Walgreens. Chase also used to get me a replacement in 2-3 business days max. Now with the Sapphire Preferred, they will overnight them for free. Losing a CC isn't even a nuisance anymore other than changing the number at Amazon, Netflix, and Uber.

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait, a fraud alert results in your card being cancelled? WTF?

I get an alert in my email and a phone call for fraudulent activity. I can literally approve it while standing in front of the cashier whose charge is being denied.

Are you sure your hubby isn't paying for Thai phone sex and that's why your cards keep getting compromised?

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Depends on the issuer, I guess. I have three cards: American Express, MasterCard, Visa. I have had no credit cards stolen, but each one has been replaced for fraud in the last 18 months. Two of them, the charges were caught, I was notified, and they sent me a new card. One was part of one of the data breaches, so it was replaced as well. Amex and Visa just sent me another card, and the old one was good until I activated the new one. The MasterCard (Bank of America) one sent me a new card and said the old one was canceled and no good until I got the new one. They gave me the 10-14 days line, and I said that's unacceptable, since it was no fault of mine. So, they FedEx'd it to me overnight.

17. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

That's an amateur move, if so. He should call a Thai restaurant instead -- it's all the same when you do speak the language, plus then you have some drunken noodles to eat after

18. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Showerthought: Thai food may burn you, but not as badly as a Thai hooker.

19. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

You speak from experience?

20. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's been a weird summer alright. Cut me some slack. Besides the doc said things should clear up in about a month, so no harm no foul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.