Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

$50 per testicle, $75 for the pair.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Angel_1756, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

We had a rep come in and explain our new benefits package at work today. Part of it was the macabre discussion of what all our body parts would be "worth" if we lost them in a freak office-related dismemberment. My pinky finger was NOT happy to see its true value.

Focus: What's your most important body part, the one that, if you lost it/them, would make your life not worth living?

*Just for interest, let's make these all parts that you can see with your clothes off and your skin on. No picking the heart or the brain.*

For me, I couldn't live without my hands. I'm very protective of them - they're my livelihood. I have considered having them insured separately, but loathe the idea of parting myself out like that. Breaking a finger would be tantamount to amputating my foot.

2. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Reverse spoiler: I'll tell you what happens, but not the name of the book it happens in. That way you can still be surprised.

The book is Towing Jehovah, by Jerome Morrow

Anyway in this book, which is as dark a black comedy as they come, there are two brothers who are heavily into war re-enactments. I imagined them looking/acting like the Keno brothers from Antiques Roadshow. They are talking about various injuries early in the book, and one notes that losing one's legs in war is tragic, but nothing is so useless as the image of a person who has lost both his arms.

Being a pitch-black comedy, late in the book they get to fight a real battle, and their aircraft is shot down. In the initial hit, one of the brothers loses both his arms. There is massive chaos, but the other brother finds a moment to point out the irony (that they were just talking about losing both arms, and how his brother has). The aircraft then crashes, killing them both.

I'm with the Flying Keno brothers here: no arms = no fun.

3. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I use my hands to interact with people, I use them to do my job, I use them to play bass, and I use them to flog the bishop; so they're an early candidate for me, however I think a far bigger thing for me would be my eyes - while I think I could somehow overcome losing my arms/hands (Transcribing software, low class call girls, finding a new musical hobby) I think losing my eyes would absolutely cripple every aspect of my existence

4. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Absolutely. I am an obsessive music nerd, but I would gladly lose my hearing any day over being blind. Its one thing to be born blind and develop your other senses, but to know what its like to see and then lose it? Fuck, becoming Daredevil wouldn't even be worth that.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But then any girl that isn't fat would become a super model to you. On the other hand if you lost your penis, then you wouldn't be able to fuck either way. Good bye fulfilling life.

6. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My motto is: The day I can't wipe my own ass is the day I want to die.

So I'm with Frylock and anyone else in the arms/hands category.