Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

5/8/15 Mothers Day WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fucking hell it was a hot day today... spent most of the morning being guilted by my master-gardener neighbours across the street into doing some major yardwork... cut, de-thatched, trimmed, seeded, fertilized, and watered my "lawn" (I'm in a rental, and the "lawn" is more sandlot than yard). In the hopes of maybe having a lawn this year I basically put a "scalping blade" on the mower and went to town to prep it for the seeding. Even ground down a stump a bit. Garnered more than a few curious looks from the street. Then cleaned up the back yard and stacked all the wood scraps and shit so I now have a clean deck for spring/summer.

I was then given a big-ass bottle of Baby Duck by my neighbour's wife for helping with the concrete work, and I had to chuckle a bit... I remember it from the days of my youth as what my parents enjoyed around our simple dinner table while they were struggling to make ends meet. Not exactly geared for the sophisticated palette.

But I'll be damned if it didn't taste quite tasty in the hot sun, along with some fresh strawberries, and got me more than a little buzzed... enough that I fell asleep in the sun and got a bit of a burn as a result.

All in all it was a good, solid, weekend with a lot of shit that got done.

2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fucking hell it was cold here last night. It literally snowed 5 inches. Its fucking May 10, a month away from the summer solstice. What the fuck.

Happy Mother's Day as well. And to all those who have procreated, do yourself and your child a favor and don't post every single moment of their infant lives on the internet. Its annoying and its something you can never get back

3. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I showed off my new work shirts to el husband.

"You look like you're about to teach animal facts to kids."

This is not an inaccurate description of my current gettup.

4. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Got a job at Hooters, did you?

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've heard this on the radio (well, the "messed up world" radio edit version) and I had no idea this was Taylor Momsen. Cindy Lou Who is all grown up, I reckon. Video is NSFW due to language, and flesh-colored nipple tape / panties.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's probably more
    [​IMG]

8. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Haven't seen that video/heard the song yet, but she's been pretty heavy into her rebellious/teen angst with that band for awhile. A lot of shock factor sort of stuff that all seems pretty forced. Heaven Knows is pretty good though.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Oh, that Zimmerman. At it again.

10. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just came in here to mention that. Funny how this guy keeps getting involved in gun violence. Almost as if there was a pattern.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/george-zimmerman-involved-in-shooting-in-lake-mary-police-say/32943924

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It'll be interesting to see how him getting shot in the face due to a road rage incident is his fault, but some part of me thinks it will be.

EDIT: The report I saw (probably with zero facts to back it up) stated he was shot in the face, but no other report mentions that.

12. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Every gun fetishist whackadoodle wants to shake his hand and everyone else wants to take a pot shot at him. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't been shot before. Can you imagine trying to live like that? Not that I pity him the slightest. Dude is a modern day Cain, branded, wondering around until he meets the wrong person.

But, yeah, won't be surprised if he was minding his own business. Also won't be surprised if he went full road rage.

13. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The internet is telling me Zimmerman brandished his gun in traffic, the other guy shot him. This is probably all just heresay. But if it is true was the other guy standing his ground?

14. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fixed that for you.

Idiots like Zimmerman are why we can't have nice things and I just want to stop seeing his name in the news.

15. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In Florida, absolutely. So long as an aggressor makes any kind of hostile, violent attempt you have the right to start a fire fight in public. Somewhere a bald eagle just shit an AR-15.

Funny enough, if you fire a warning shot in Florida, you will go to fucking prison for discharging a weapon. The law only favors people who attempt to shoot someone else.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That actually makes sense... because if you genuinely fear for your life, you wouldn't fire a warning shot, you'd fire to stop the threat.

Same goes for cops... they don't fire to disable, they only fire when lethal force is required, so they only attempt lethal shots.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I haven't seen many movies opening weekend in theatres recently, but this will be one of them.

I so can't wait!

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Fuck yes. This is my #1 film priority of the year. I can't see how it isn't going to be spectacular.

20. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got forced into installing the Facebook messenger app on my phone. What a steaming piece of shit this thing is. It might actually be worse than the LinkedIn app.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.