Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

5/8/15 Mothers Day WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mum gets a call from me at some stage in the day and she has always been more than happy just to hear from me. I haven't lived closer than 9 hours drive from either of my parents in over ten years due to my job so I'm lucky if I get to see them more than once a year.

2. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That is so cute, that people think a 9 hour drive is long.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

My folks live a 4 day drive away and I still see them a few times a year.

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who drives over 5 hours to get anywhere anymore? Anything more than 4 hours and I'll take a commuter plane to get there.

Maybe Bundy's parents just hate him and prefer to keep a thousand miles between them and him?

5. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not everywere has a plane going everywere. Alot of places in non major cities in Canada only have flights going to a major city, if you are lucky you might get a flight to a city with a pop of 50K+. Where i live i can only fly to Vancouver.

6. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    My mom doesn't know who I am.

Y'all call, hug, talk to, appreciate your mothers while you can.

Life is short and she will be gone or beyond reach before you know it. Time is cruel.

7. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As much as I would love to visit them more often driving for a couple of days each way poses a hazard for me for the simple fact that I like to go nap time when behind the wheel sometimes. And air travel here in Aus is stupidly expensive and there is no major airport near any of my relatives.

Also the fact that I'm poor and as you fuckers like to point out I've already sold one of my kidneys and an eyeball to pay for booze in this country.

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Aside from the fact that lots of people live 4 hours away from the nearest airport anyway, when you're at a 6-8 hour drive it's barely even faster to take the plane. Between security and driving to the airport/getting picked up, etc you're saving maybe 2 hours at best and then you're paying way extra for a flight plus renting a car when you get there. I'm not going to bother driving 2000 miles, but 9 hours is pretty manageable.

9. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a 2 hour drive to the nearest airport, and 4 hours to an airport that's a major hub with direct flights to most destinations. Why would I drive 2 hours to an airport just to pay for parking and airfare, wait for security, run the risk that I'm going to hit a delay on a 2 hour drive, and then have to take transit when I arrive at my destination when I could just drive for 5 hours?

If trains were an option I'd definitely take the train, but it's a 2 hour drive to a train station as well.

10. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Yes, because nothing is sexier than a nursing bra and a ponytail. Jesus Christ.

My mother in law is coming to babysit today so I can take the husband out for his birthday. I was totally fine with this plan until my husband suggested that the only reason she offered was so she could snoop through our house while we were out. So now I'm hiding all my sex toys in the back of the baby's closet. #1 mom here, folks. Fuck me running.

11. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, middle-aged women need a sex life, too. You've got nothing to be ashamed of.

12. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Angel this is a judgement free zone, just know that when you do decide to pull your weight around here and post a pic, I'm sure there is some guy out there who will find it extremely attractive.

As for flying everywhere, every city I've lived in has had a major airport nearby: Detroit, Tampa, San Diego, Denver. If I lived in west Kansas or wherever the fuck you guys live I guess my perspective would be different

13. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well yeah, that was kind of our point. If you and everyone you know live in a city and not bum fuck uglyville obviously your circumstances are a little different.

I honestly have absolutely nothing to do this weekend. I might as well go to the liquor store and whip up some alcoholic weirdness. CJ, where are you with the recipes?

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You underestimate the male mind.

15. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Funny enough, I made rum punch for a party this afternoon. 2 bottles of silver rum, about 10 ounces of coconut rum, about 18 ounces each of OJ and pineapple, couple ounces of Grenadine. It's sitting in the freezer turning slushy.

Angel, I am reminded of the Bible in instances such as these. There is a time and a place for everything under heaven.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

An aside: it is really tough to shave your own back.

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    That's why they make Bic lighters.

17. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

It is a beautiful day outside and yet this theater is full of kids and their parents seeing Avengers. Fuck off already. Go outside you rat bastards. And when did it become okay for every 8 year old on the planet to have an iPhone. Jesus Christ on a cracker.

18. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For those who are concerned, I'm dealing with the personal matters in relations to Bill Simmons contract with ESPN quietly. I appreciate all of you reaching out and sending your well wishes.

19. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't even process living 4 hours from an airport. I have relatives that live in middle of nowhere Illinois and middle of nowhere Wisconsin, and they are still no more than 2 hours from a major regional airport of some sort. They aren't gonna get a direct flight to Dubai, but still.

As for it not being faster to fly in the 6-8 hour range, y'all are bonkers and need to stop subscribing to the "get the the airport a fortnight before your flight". Unless you live an aforementioned 4 hour drive away from an airport, its quicker by a mile. I have a couple friends that are 6 hour drives away. Going for a weekend visit, the drive basically guarantees I'll have 1 actual day and 2 very abbreviated days, unless I fly. Its half the time, and thats giving a generous hour plus on each side.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I swear you are just flat out not paying attention to the time.So half the time plus giving an hour on each side? What do you mean by each side? So one or two hours total? So... you drive to the airport, go through parking, security, taxing up the runway, closing up for take off and arrival, getting your baggage, and driving to your friends place in an hour or two... Ummm, no you don't?

Also, when you have to show up to the airport to be on the safe side really depends on where you are. In Jacksonville 40 minutes before departure was perfectly safe. In Minneapolis 90 minutes early is already pushing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.