Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

5/29/15 WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was a nice change of pace to have a draw Muhammed contest at the park where I take my dogs, I know you like your free speech but stop fucking my shit up.

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Ahem.

Pics or it didn't happen.

3. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Video would be even better

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Prove it.

In other news I'm busy getting hellen keller drunl this aternoon, should be a good day

5. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not posting pictures of my boobs on the internet sober on a Saturday afternoon. Get back to me later and maybe we can renegotiate. Also, cans and cylindrical things, no problem. Glasses that taper at the bottom? Really difficult. Also would recommend against things straight out of the fridge, partially because uncomfortable, and partially because condensation. Now go forth and convince other girls to make questionable life choices!

6. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So you're saying there's a chance? Btw, not trying to be a creeper, just kind of messing with you.

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Just had my first haircut in 20 years. I started shaving my head in '95 and about 6 months ago decided to let my hair grow because why not?

It was surprisingly gray and nowhere near a nice as it was when I was younger. Not to mention receded a bit. Either that or my forehead is proceeding. One or the other.

Now I drink.

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Me too. Gettin' high on paint fumes (what's that smell? PROGRESS BITCHES) and drinking my light beer, because I'm a woman, that's why.

I have to poop but the painters are still here.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

One of the baseball cards I bought today was a guy named Vic Power. Tell me that isn't an awesome baseball name. Or comic book hero. If you've never studied baseball history, you've never heard of Vic Power. He was something else.

He was the first Puerto Rican to play in the American League. He was an incredibly flashy fielder and a solid hitter. He was originally signed by the Yankees, but was shipped off to the A's because he didn't fit the Yankee mold. He was flamboyant, liked convertible Cadillacs. And white girls. Oops.

Probably his most famous line was when he went in to a whites-only restaurant while playing for Syracuse. When the waitress told him that they didn't serve Negroes, he told her not to worry, he didn't eat Negroes.

The best part of his story? His incredibly masculine name "Vic Power" wasn't his real name. His real name was Vic Pellot. He changed his name when he played in Canada because Pellot pretty much means Pussy in French and folks were laughing at him.

EDIT: This version of the story sounds much funnier then mine:

When Vic Power went into a restaurant in Little Rock, Arkansas in the early 1950s, a waitress promptly told him, "We don't serve Negroes."

"That's okay," Power answered, "I don't eat Negroes. I want rice and beans."

EDIT DUEX: An awesome article on Power and the racism in baseball and America in the 50's: http://bronxbanter.baseballtoaster.com/archives/294050.html

#29 toytoy88, May 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
  10. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's the creeper mantra!

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Holy crap is it hot out. Thankfully we got a bit of a thunderstorm for about 10 minutes to cool down a bit (suck it Texas), but still... it's fucking hot.

Did a fair bit of yard work today and after hours of toiling in the hot sun I realize that there's a shit-load more work left to get done. Most of the day consisted of raking big pine needles. Not fun. But at least things look a bit better than they did before I started.

The upside is that I'm now 5 beers and a ton of local cider into a BBQ and the AC is working well so I can pass out on the couch in refreshing coolness later.

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Cry me a river.

It was 102 here today and they're calling for 104 tomorrow.

After that a "Cold" front comes in and we might only see a high of 90 on Friday.

God I despise this place.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Do you have any idea how fucking hard it is on the sled dogs when it's 90°F out?

15. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

You just wrote a sentence that has the words "Fucking", "Sled dogs" and "How hard it is" without directly referencing fucking sled dogs. You were one Mountie away from a great stereotype.

For future reference: I looked out my window and a Mountie is fucking my favorite sled dog. How hard it is not to join in. Maybe he'll let me wear his hat if I do. BRB.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The maple syrup must be flowing like wine...

17. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Motherfuck. I painted the railings on my stoop today and thought I covered enough of it with newspaper to prevent any overspray from getting on it. Now I've got spray paint all over it and it looks worse than before. I hope the power stripper I have works on concrete like it says on the can.

18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe it's just me, but I don't know why more women don't dye their hair funky colors. So hot.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My bartender friend invented a "shooter", served in a pint glass, called Helen Keller. It's half a tall can of Strongbow, flavoured vodka and topped with Red Bull. Stand, tap glasses, tap bar top, guzzle and the loser pays the round ($11 a drink). I will attest that in about 15 minutes it does make you deaf, dumb and blind. Helen Keller is an evil sadist.

20. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's this newfangled thing called

[​IMG]

And

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.