Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

5/23/14 Memorial Day Holiday WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a dumbass and forgot to get rid of the s in the link.

#101 Bundy Bear, May 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Name for it's origin in the Giraffe constellation (camel leopard). That reminds me: growing up, my dad's friend had a really beautiful sailboat. His wife like giraffes and so the boat was called the cameleopard.

The end. Cool story, Bro.
    #oldmanmemories

Speaking of old man - has anybody seen the Loctite dancing fanny pack commercial? Is it supposed to make me want to buy Loctite or want to do drugs? Or maybe I'm supposed to sniff glue.

3. Popped Cherries

Popped Cherries
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ugh.
    Going to get surgery to fix a Ventral Hernia next month. Anyone have this done before? Expectations?
    The surgeon basically said I'd be out of action for at least 3-5 days and back to normal within 4-6 weeks.
    First time I've ever had surgery of any kind and I'm already freaking myself out.

Hold me.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty sure funball has a post op girdle you can borrow.

5. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Only if he agrees to post pictures in it.

I feel your pain PC. I don't like going under general anesthesia, it kind of freaks me out. My doctor said it's the lack of control, which I don't disagree with. But it's really very safe, unless you're an 75-year-old man in disguise. Then I'd worry.

6. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're in the twin cities. Have you not been to Matt's or the 5-8 Club and had the Jucy Lucy (no really, that's how it's spelled)? Google that shit. It routinely makes "Best Burger" lists.

7. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apparently I need extra anesthesia and I still come out of it quickly. Time for some beer methinks.

8. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a hernia when I was 13ish. Had trouble walking for a few days. That wasn't weird. What was weird was my urologist telling me I'd "have to grow all that nice pubic hair back."

Because as an adolescent we're terribly worried about our pube length. That or he was coming on to me.

Shit... I got raped under general anesthesia didn't I? BAD THOUGHTS, BAD THOUGHTS, TIME TO DRINK.

9. fuzzzy

fuzzzy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

While I've not had this done to me, I have done it to a few people before (or rather, scrubbed in as first assist, future surgeon here). 3-5 days of not being able to do anything seems about right assuming the thing isn't the size of a watermelon. You'll probably be told not to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for a month. Follow this rule. You don't want it done more than once. Not a bad idea to ask the surgeon what his failure rate is for hernia repairs. Don't be fooled by the law commercials, mesh is a good thing. If he isn't using mesh, ask why. That's the standard today for a good repair (spent 2 months with a guy who fixed all the hernia repairs other guys couldn't handle/couldn't get to take). Don't freak out, hernia repairs have very little risk compared to a lot of other operations.

Oh, and surgeons only make you wear a girdle if they hate you. Seriously, those things do nothing. Just follow instructions and let it heal without lifting anything for 4 weeks.

One more thing... If you see a quiet, strapping young lad in a short white coat following your surgeon around, that's the student who will sew you back up at the end. It may be his first time doing it. So if the incision looks like it was sewn back up by Michael J. Fox, it's because everyone was staring and we got nervous.

10. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gotta love med students, they have to learn somehow, but dammit you don't want them to learn on you. When my brother was in the hospital they (the med student) tried to give him a central line, but fucked up so badly they perforated his diaphragm and collapsed his lung, which then required a chest tube.

11. fuzzzy

fuzzzy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

If I had a dollar for every time I heard this before examining someone's prostate...

A lung collapse I can understand, that's a somewhat expected complication that can happen to even a seasoned doctor. But, a diaphragm perf, that's impressive. I'm not even sure how that'd happen.

12. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Didn't they realized something was wrong when his nose lit up?

[​IMG]

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I could have sworn before I passed out for my wisdom teeth extraction my dentist was dancing around in a coconut bra to the Blue Oyster theme music. If you can't remember it didn't happen.

14. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I was giving birth, they had some inexperienced folks - I have no idea whether they were doctors, nurses, plumbers - sticking their hands up my hoo ha so they could play "Guess the dilation!"

15. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, I'll see you TiBettes at Nett Daddy's place in Kelowna in a few weeks? The much anticipated and oft, put off trampoline party is go-time. I'll bring the wine, you bring the pudding. TiBers, I'm taking bids for the videographer.

16. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

My intern's name when I had my first kid was Robert De Niro.

And the weirdest place to have a med student is the gyneacologist. Because they don't do anything. They just watch. Over the doctor's shoulder. At least mine did. And I have to act like I'm completely comfortable with this because hey, trying to help the doctor out and all. And then I thought all this student did all day was stare at vaginas. And then I start thinking I wonder if he has a rating scale (I'm pretty sure mine scored high if he did). Hey, it's rather boring getting that done, your mind starts to wander. I guess it's not a bad gig for a student.

17. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am so far from an OB-GYN I am by comparison an astronaut, but we ALL have a rating for vaginas, regardless of profession. That's what I'm here for, 7.4, to keep your cougar stuffed and informed. Having sex in a girdle sounds like all other forms of fun in the 1940's: festive, until you learn what the fuck it actually entails like a sockhop, hayride, cow tipping or marital rape.

Last week of work in Korea, bitches! Then, unemployment, Southeast Asian vacation with the girlfriend and South Carolina family vacation. Then...life in America, for the first time in 7 years. Judging by Facebook, I'ma need new friends that only have tits because they came with vaginas, not because Pizza Hut.

18. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

Attached Files:

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So last night, I went to a local bar/pub here called the Petrol Station. Its kind of a hipsterish little place with a ton of outdoor seating and a very decent craft brew selection. But they are most known for a burger called "The Rancor"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I got one. It was easily the most difficult, yet most delicious burger I've ever had. The main problem being the shear thickness of the thing. It was a 1/2 pound angus patty topped with bacon, cheese, another layer of bacon and cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onion, a little mayo and a fried egg. The fries were delicious. Fresh cut and lightly seasoned.

I felt gross after.

The main issue was the thickness. They could have spread the patty out thinner and made the burger perfect.

20. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse

I want one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.