Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

5/2/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reifer

Reifer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Oh look, another paper due by midnight! So glad I get to do another research paper instead of going out on the lake with my family.

Also, something I will never understand is why some of these athletes with ridiculous talent and huge contracts still do stupid shit to put it all in jeopardy.

2. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's not like they don't have value if all goes wrong. You can always take them to the glue factory. If it's a girl you could could take it to Pats or Genos in Philadelphia and get a hefty profit for the meat.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Old school. I like. We used to have a glue factory up near here years ago in Owen Sound. Word is you could buy a bottle of Northern Dancer for a grand. There's nothing like gluing your kid's bristol board science project together with a Triple Crown winner.

4. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Hey, at least I didn't pull the "do you even have kids" card.

And did you...compare me to winterbike? It's on!

I seem to be on a roll misinterpreting posts this weekend. One more and I'll have a trifecta.

5. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I made some mint infused simple syrup for my mint juleps. The first one is now in front of me. I made it with Makers Mark in case you were curious. I have a big floppy hat that I stole from my wife's closet also. No matter what horse wins it is going to be a good day.

6. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't know today was the derby, I shall def have to have a mint julep.

I've had mint plants do okay and eventually die. I realized a few months ago that one of my problems was that I was grabbing a whole stalk instead of picking the leaves off directly whenever I would harvest some for my drinks. I bought a new plant and kept it in the house by a window, watering it occasionally and only taking the leaves off. Then I transferred it to my deck pot after the last frost. It is growing like gangbusters now. I've never had one produce that much before. It started out as one of those little pots you get at the grocery store that have like 5 stems to a cell.

[​IMG]

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The better and deeper the soil the better the plant. It you buy nutrients to put in the watering can it explodes like fireworks.

People like to put several plants in a pot but they won't grow well. They fight each other for sunlight and the roots tangle and choke each other. I just have dozens of pots instead.

8. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Honey, just give it a space to take over. Mint loves it under the water spigot out back.....it will grow and grow, and you can mow it back in to place.

On harvesting, just pull the leaves that you need, and wash them well. Wonderful!

9. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

'Twas a great run for the roses this year. California Chrome was a no doubt winner. I also made some oven fried chicken. And I am half of a bottle of makers mark deep into my mint julep extravaganza. I am hoping the sugar water keeps me hydrated as I am going to the Cincinnati Reds game tomorrow for Star Wars day (May the 4th be with you) and I have 0 interest in being hung over for it. Damn it why do I like booze so much.

10. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Judging from the lack of discourse, I take everyone else must have had someone other than California Chrome?

11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Bitchass first pick got him. I am out $2. Womp womp.

12. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I firmly believe that it should be perfectly legal to suspend your child by the ankles and use them as a speed bag if they wake you up at 6:30. It just seems reasonable.

13. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yay! Some an actual poster! Entertain me peons!

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I can tell nettdaddy's been hard at work. All the threads load super fast now, even on my tablet. Did y'all notice how slow it was, and how it would sometimes go to the wrong page on a long thread?

15. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah the jumping to the wrong page thing was frustrating.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Whoever the person who thought no air conditioning at a packed 3-hour dance recital would be a good idea should have to wear a speedo made of poison oak.

17. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So. Hungover. But it is getting better - aspirin, shower, coffee, a little nosh, and some Postsecret.

The "jump to the wrong page" thing happened for me a lot when I clicked on the source of reps in a drunk thread.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Leave shit alone for 3 years and it goes to hell... go figure.

Just cleaning up some stuff.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Shegirl cleaned up some stuff too-- notice how Nitwit isn't here anymore. Probably saved some bandwidth.

20. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm never eating red velvet anything again, and especially not when I had mixed vegetables with corner earlier either. I took a shit and it looked like a beaten up pealed grapefruit. The kernels were dyed red, looked like I shit my appendix. Fucking scary as hell. Never again, never again. Thank god there was Google telling me our bodies don't process the dye and it goes right through our system. Jesus, scariest thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.