Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

44 is a ripe old age for a Crocodile Hunter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BeCoolBitch_BeCool, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They've talked about it for a long on all three (sports) radio shows I listen to today. They mentioned his death yesterday, but it didn't gain any traction with the listeners so it was just a short segment. Today though has been a totally different story with the back and forth between Ebert and Margera.

2. Slambrarian

Slambrarian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

He is really well known around here. He even asked my sister for her phone number once, she was a waitress in a bar/restaurant he used to hang out in. The radio stations/tv news are all talking about it and one local radio show just had him on about 2 weeks ago to talk about his new show, Proving Ground (on G4), which sounded awesome & now who knows if it's going to air (I think the premiere aired, but after this I heard they pulled it).

It's a shame because everyone who knew him said he was a super nice guy.

3. JC62

JC62
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Actually, what it looks like to me is that the "second" car stopped fast in a skid, possibly backed up to see what happened to Dunn's car and then sped off peeling out in the process. How ever it happened - someone is going to need to answer some interesting questions.

4. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Semi?

The tracks, like you said, are almost way to perfect for having 2 cars slam on their brakes/accelerate or one car slaming on the brakes, backing up then taking off again.

5. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

6. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Racing a mystery car doesn't add up to what's being shown in the bottom pic. Both skid marks originate in the left lane. If there were street racing, they'd both be in their own lane.

7. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

-----post deleted by dixiebandit69-----

8. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Holy shit. I figured he was drunk, but .196? If Roger Ebert could smile, I'm sure this would have made him.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Holy shit... that's insane.

140mph, while being that drunk?

No deer or other external force required.

10. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This was my first thought. Dunn's car was in front and swerved off the road. The car he was racing was behind him and locked up the breaks when they realized he went off the road. Backed up, and GTFOutta there before they could get caught.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Maybe, but at 140mph or anywhere close to that, assuming the "lead" car was doing that, would result in braking skid marks way, way longer than that. When I'm braking down from 120 mph to about 40 for the hairpin at our local track, it takes about 400-500 feet, depending.

Weird.

It could also be that those other skid marks aren't related at all, and might be other fuckwits messing around some other time.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

It seemed sincere, but was still attention whoring on his part.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I agree. Even Bam's mom said that they were best friends forever.

Bam's been living this "nothing can touch me" lifestyle where they do dangerous shit and get away with it, are WELL rewarded for it, idolized for it, and this probably really is his first exposure to death.

The guy's fucked up, and understandably so.

Very well might be the end of the Jackass shit (assuming it wasn't played out already).

14. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I honestly didn't realize that anyone who wasn't either 14 or residing in a trailer park still watched or was even aware of Jackass. I thought that it was like professional wrestling. Sure, we all watched it growing up, but who still watches WWE? I've been shocked that this many people knew who the fuck Dunn was.

15. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

After watching the interview of Bam at the crash site I think he will probably be at the top of the 2011 Death Pool. Apparently the Westboro dip shits are going to protest Dunn's funeral / memorial ( http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/167...hurch-funeral-service-jackass-viva-la-bam.htm ) this might be the time when they finally hit the wrong person's buttons and get what has been coming to them. If they do end up doing that it would not surprise me for Bam to go off the deep end and make their day real bad, if that doesn't happen he probably ODs within the year.

16. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've said this before, as soon as one of the Westboro Baptist church guys dies, I'm grabbing as many buddies as I can and having a kegger at the guy's funeral. They ruined our funerals, we'll ruin theirs.

On topic: I thought Ebert's post was hilarious. Maybe it's just that I have a very low tolerance for assholes who wilfully endanger others, but I thought he was spot-on.

17. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Roger Ebert's tweet was just a stupid "I told you so" post. Nothing more than stating the obvious.

Anyone looking like one of Jeff Dunham's puppets might want to watch what they say before someone cracks him in the jaw/fleshy patch where his jaw used to be.

18. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Exactly. Everyone knows that drinking and driving is bad. Roger Ebert isn't saving any lives. He's merely giving himself an excuse to feel smug and self-satisfied.

19. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Westboro baptists live for the day that a famous person assaults someone at their protest. The PR and the involuntary funding contribution (lawsuit) will be like all their christmases coming at once.

Much as I'd love to see them all die in a fire after their minivan is struck by lightning on the way to a protest, the only bad day for them is where noone notices them.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

MID-THREAD ALT-FOCUS: How would the JackAss guys deal with the WBC fucktards?

I envision some sort of a "Running With The Bulls" type of "accident" at the funeral.

In proper Jackass Homage style, they'd relive some of those skits, and just happen to have a small herd of pissed off bulls that get stampeded through the WBC ranks.