Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

44 is a ripe old age for a Crocodile Hunter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BeCoolBitch_BeCool, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Steve-o was gonna drive that night but he said his dad would've been ashamed of him.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

Rest In Peace, Ryan Dunn
    1977 - 2011

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Knowing the Jackass goons, I wuldn't be surprised that for the next movie the rig his body at his funeral so it pops out of the coffin like Big Mouth Bill Bass and starts singing "Free Bird".

Layne Staley came as no shock to me (as it shouldn't to any), but sad nonetheless because ever since 1990 Alice in Chains was my favourite Seattle band ad we got to actually watch this guy deteriorate before our eyes. Nobody could harmonize like this band, for for all those assholes thank think Staley was an overrated singer, let him prove you wrong at 3:00-

Duvall is a talented guy, but Layne's still irreplaceable.

No shock for Steve Irwin, either. He made a living teasing wild animals. DANGEROUS fucking wild animals. And when it kills you, tha is exactly why you are dead. Because you fucked with a wild animal. Stop calling it a tragedy. Yes, he needed a wheelbaroow for his nuts. BUt be surprised he lived even THAT LONG.

#23 Crown Royal, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Stick a fork in him, he's Dunn."

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

To add to the discussion of sporty cars slamming into trees at a high rate of speed, I was in a 2000 Mustang and they said we were probably 110 km when we hit the tree. The car did not catch fire and I don't even know if the gas tank was damaged. The car was wrapped around the tree like a horseshoe, though.

6. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

7. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are you serious? You would rather be in an accident in a Porsche than a full-size pickup?
    And I mean an off-the lot Porsche, not your racing piece with roll bars and a 5-point harness. I'd rather be in the vehicle with a full frame any day.
    Of course, I would never buy a foreign car to begin with (unless I were living in a different country, where it would be a logical choice). I'll just stick with my Trans Am, even though I'll admit it's a deathtrap that was designed in the late '70s. Who wants to live forever?

Sorry Crown Royal, but I have to disagree with you there. I would never say that Staley was overrated, but Jerry Cantrell was the creative force behind that band, just like Izzy Stradlin was the creative force behind Guns N' Roses. Just look at the writing credits on all of AIC's songs: Cantrell is on 9 out of 10 of them, easy. On top of that, he has released 2 albums since then (one of them a double album, Degradation Trip 1&2, some of the best grunge rock I've ever heard), and the sound is awesome. He never needed Layne. He can carry a band all on his own, and I was really surprised that he didn't just take over the vocals on this latest incarnation of AIC. Hell, all I wanted was another solo album from him.
    Hey, I miss Layne too, Alice in Chains is one of my favorite bands of all time. If you want to discuss this further, PM me.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming:
    ALT FOCUS: I am surprised that Ozzy Osbourne is still alive. Even more than that, I'm surprised that he still has talent.
    Even medical professionals are looking into this bizarre phenomenon.

8. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I swear to God, you're some kind of undercover Marketing 2.0 strategy. There are four, pasty white dudes in their 40s sitting in a room in L.A., writing your posts day after day.

But why? What are you selling, pasty white men?

Answer me.

Focus: Andy Rooney. If he's any indication, a man cannot physically bitch himself to death.

9. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rhymes with Asshole Toupee, and the song is fitting

#29 Misanthropic, Jun 20, 2011
  10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Big doesn't mean safe: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=7</a>

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not saying you're not right, but:

12. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Size matters.

#32 GTE, Jun 21, 2011
  13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Do crematoriums give discounts to burn victims?

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

More info (or raving speculation) on the accident.

Seems that there was a 2nd car that he was racing. Looks like they got going way too fast, and Dunn done tried to make the exit, and failed.

Those right side skid marks are the driver's side front/rear tires going sideways. (They're too wide to be made going straight, and the GT3 has ABS). Rumour has it that the other skid marks to the left are the 2nd, non-ABS car trying to stop to make the exit as well.

Attached Files:

15. magz

magz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Here is another pic from slightly farther back:

[​IMG]

Supposedly there is a lot of wildlife in that area. I am totally going out on a limb, but could it be that a vehicle up ahead of Dunn did an emergency stop for a deer or something in the road, Dunn slammed on his brakes in response, lost control, and maybe made a last ditch effort to go for the exit ramp? From that second pic it looks more like Dunn was braking in response to something in front of him.

Dunn had some prior AutoX experience supposedly, and has been around fast cars for a while (he was very into modded BMWs before he picked up his GT3). That's why I have a hard time believing that he intentionally went into that corner THAT hot.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I haven't seen this much attention paid to a C list celebrity in a while. The dude was most famous for sticking a Hotwheels car up his ass. Im kind of boggled on why so many people care. Bam Margera claims millions of people are crying over this. RIIIIIIIIIGHT.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I think it's a combination of things:

The younger, MTV crowd look upon these guys as Gods.

The slightly older crowd have seen the movies and are familiar with it, and enjoy watching a train wreck (which is why they enjoyed the JackAss flicks in the first place).

The old, sanctimonious crowd are pulling the "fucking kids" thing and watching it as vindication of their thoughts on a younger generation of fucktards.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The tracks of that "other car" are confusing from that view. How do you orient a car such that the skid marks are that straight, that uniform, and yet that weirdly spaced?

Almost all cars have the front/rear wheel tracks almost over top of each other.

Weird.

And yeah, having been hit by a deer while driving my Porsche at rather high speeds, I can tell you it happens in a fucking blink of an eye.

Maybe the car ahead of him saw something on the road, locked them up, and then Dunn tried to emergency stop but lost it. To be going sideways where he was, the other car would have to be well, well ahead of him in that scenario.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Actually, those other car tread marks look like they're due to acceleration, not braking. They fade off as they move away, like a car would do in a burnout.

I'd almost bet that there were two other cars that stopped hard (ABS, so no skid marks), saw what happened, then peeled out like a mother fucker when they saw Dunns car.

The "other car" tire marks are probably two cars, not one. Leaving, not braking.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Two cars that stopped and then peeled out starting in almost the exact same spot?