Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

420 420 420 420 420 .. WEEKEND THREAD (4/20.../11)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think I've already posted photos of it, but this topic is timely because it'll start back up soon and I will have some great evening entertainment on a weekly basisI live next to a place that is home to LARPers in the area and they practice in the yard right next to my back porch. Naturally, I like to sit on the porch with a drink and watch them practice. We're not assholes so they don't mind when me and my roommates watch, so they go all the way with hockey gloves and foam swords. They have wars in the big park that I live next to. Imagine 50 people dressed in robes occupying a field with battles with bean bags and swords.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hell yeah it's a great spectator sport!

2. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy fuck this thread has taken a turn for the worse. I can't find LARPing entertaining at all because my brother used to pay 5 dollars to pretend to be a vampire or werewolf of whatever the fuck he did. This is why we never talk and I'm happy he's moved to Canada. He also lived at home until 30. Only reason he moved out because he met a girl on the internet.

Happy Easter.
    [​IMG]

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I leave this weekend with this...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

g'night.

4. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What does your brother paying $5 to fuck a crackhead have to do with LARPing?

5. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't these things end up as Jackson Pollocks anyways?

#505 BL1Y, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  6. Poopourri

Poopourri
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That avatar thread was interesting. I'm obviously a shallow hate monger as I can't take certain posters serious anymore because I know what they look like, their awkwardness just staring back at me, radiating from my Macbook. Inversely, there's a few people who looked (gasp) normal and I now give them the benefit of the doubt that they're not some fucked up halfwit who creeps out everyone he/she knows.

I just wish that one girl with the stupid tattoo on her tit could have posted her picture before the thread closed. I was going to really enjoy searching through Google Images for the most retarded, insecure looking horse I could find and then post it with some cliched and predictable jokes. Probably would have been a really fun five minutes.

7. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It's ANZAC day today so we are having a few beers, watching the footy, remembering the brave men and women who gave their lives for our country in the past and thinking of everyone currently out there.

Lest we forget.

8. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm only responding to this because I like tempting fate:

I already have one. What's that you're saying? I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of getting a useful degree and seeking out a slightly unusual job 90% of people aren't willing to do.

#508 ghettoastronaut, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  9. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know dude, I see what you're saying, because I was also lucky enough to get a very good job before graduation and am actually looking forward to moving on from undergrad...but "I'll work in a profession where gay Aussie gingers will hit on me!" probably isn't your strongest argument.

10. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah but if I could get straight, female Aussie gingers to hit on me, you'd be changing your story right quick.

11. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Provided that they in no way resembled the guy in that video, perhaps.

12. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well now you're just being picky.

13. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm in this boat. I've got a full time job through summer and it helps a lot confidence wise. I've built up more than one revenue stream for myself and balance the risk between bosses handing me a paycheck vs. my customers sending me a check.

I spent a lot of time sitting on the Mississippi river today and yesterday drinking nice beer and shooting starlings with pellet guns with my cousin, and it was nice because I couldn't do any work whatsoever- can't answer emails, can't push a chisel, can't read a textbook, whatever. I love doing shit like that and I realize that I need to work on actually making time for myself and being okay with sitting down and doing nothing. I always think that I'll have a ton of free time after graduating and yeah, I will, but I know I can easily fill it up with work in an instant. I was raised on the motto to "work hard and when in doubt, work harder" and it has really benefited me, but I have a lot to learn and need to know what I'm getting myself into before I jump in. Having my girlfriend up here in Minnesota this summer will really help... just spending time with me will help keep my balance in check and weekend trips won't hurt either.

One big thing that the CEO of where I work says is how he was sort of disgusted after graduating and working because that was it... just work and that job and whatever. I don't want to do that... fuck no I won't... but it will be interesting to see what happens when I'm set free from the U. The big change will be actual freedom. I might have to actually put that degree to work.

14. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Congratulations on becoming a state-certified drug dealer!

So what exactly is the career path for a pharmacist? Serious question. Is there like "junior pharmacist, journeyman pharmacist, master pharmacist?" How does the job differ at 55 than it does at, say, 25? Do all pharmacists either work at the supermarket or in hospitals annoying Dr. House?

15. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When you're 25 the urge to swallow a lethal dose of something is much smaller?

16. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Plan for the week: Talk to girls in my classes. I can't remember the last time I introduced myself to a woman without alcohol being involved. It doesn't help that I'm probably five years older than most of them.

17. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's weird, most women love gay guys who take their boyfriends to winery's. Just lead with that.

18. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"So you're in Remedial English too, huh? That's cool, I guess. You wanna come by my mom's place sometime and check out my Berenstain Bears library?"

Serious question: why are you even considering the age difference to be a detrimental factor? Best-case scenario: Being a few years older than most of the guys they're used to will be an advantage, not a liability. Worst-case scenario: Age doesn't mean fuck-all. If a girl doesn't want to sleep with you on the grounds of, "OMG ur lyk 24 that's SOOOOO old," that's not a girl you want to touch with your penis anyway. In the words of Jay-Z, it's on to the next one.

19. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If all else fails you can try to exchange beer runs for hand jobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.