Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

40 Days and 40 Nights

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by effinshenanigans, Feb 17, 2010.

1. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm so hardcore, I gave those things up for over a year, with the result of being slimmer, being able to breathe and having great cardio.

Thanks Jesus, I haven't thought of you once but these must be your rewards.

2. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm giving up soda and alcohol for Lent. I'm not Catholic and don't believe in teh Jebuz, I just need to lose some weight and get healthier and Lent provides me with a convenient excuse when I don't want to field questions from people. I consume on average an extra 500-600 calories a day from alcohol, so in a week that's 3,500 calories, equivalent to one pound.

Also, isn't Lent 46 days? When the 40 days of Lent are counted, Sundays are not included, because those are some other classification of holy day. I used Lent as an excuse to diet last year and got ticked off when I realized towards the end that I had almost another week to go.