Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

4/30/15 National Honesty Day

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Apr 30, 2015.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Pretty simple focus: Come clean about one thing you've fibbed, lied, omitted, wtfever you call it, in the last 30 days. If you want to share why you did feel free.

Alt Focus: The worst one you've ever heard.

2. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"I think I would be a valuable addition to your company."

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

"Sure, I can wait it out another year for a promotion."

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Worst one ever was I guess more of a terrible excuse than a lie. This kid at my first command was habitually late for work. One day he hit his head pretty good on the side of something. The next day he was late again and his excuse was, "I dunno, my head... I think my subconscious wouldn't let me wake up."

5. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just took a late lunch today. Definitely didn't say "fuck it" and stay out fishing in the nice weather longer.

6. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Today is my sister's birthday, so I am her DD tonight. Yay.

7. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I tell this tale on a regular basis after someone asks me, "Is this normal?"

(insert any random medical abnormality/gross shit/stuff I didn't know existed or that people actually lived with)

"You know....it's not really normal per se, but it's not abnormal or uncommon. I see this pretty regularly."

Or, "I don't really smell anything."

"I see this/do this all the time." And inside my head I'm thinking, "What fresh hell is this? What the fuck is that smell?"

8. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Don't worry, I will make sure to give you the head tap"

Thanks for being honest.

9. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"That is so shitty, I'm really sorry about all that."

To my roommate's girlfriend last night when she was losing her shit about all her "problems." One of her high school friends is going after her ex-boyfriend (also from high school) AND her agent didn't like her latest audition tape. She literally couldn't even.

She's a fantastic person, but sometimes she goes full early-20s-white-girl and does a classic "don't give me solutions just LISTEN!!" I gave her a few minutes of sympathy then politely retreated to my room and played GTA 5 for two hours, jerked off, and went to bed. Being single really isn't that bad a lot of the time.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I've been lying to all of you in here this whole time. I'm actually the actress who played Becky on Roseanne. Not the hot one from Scrubs, the ugly buck-toothed one.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Took my team out for beers and BBQ for a "developer meeting" that was expensed back to the company.

We only drank beer and ate good BBQ, no work stuff was talked about at all.

We were all OK with that.

12. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For work: "We're still in the solution design phase and we should be able to kick this off soon."

Translation: our resources have no bandwidth, you've admitted to me that this project is low priority within your business, we haven't put a single second of thought into this useless idea your squeeky-wheel users bombarded you with.

Personal: "Outfit looks really good, hun"

Translation: Wear the fucking litter box. I don't care. Let's go. Please, I'm begging you, move your ass and don't change your stupid shoes again. No one cares. Your boobs are huge. No one even knows you have feet, not even our female friends.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Who wouldn't be? However it could be "work stuff" by enhancing worker bond by getting a buzz on.

I lied the other day at my job when I said I thought the front office estimator was a "good guy". He's a lying hack who took a community college math classes and calls himself an engineer every five minutes. Really? An engineer? Do you even know what they do and what they're capable of? So, when asked about him I lied because I need not stir the pot at my new job which I like so far.

#13 Crown Royal, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  14. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Theres a guy I work with that currently claims he served both in Iraq an in a submarine. He's also batshit insane. He's the reason conceal carry scares me

Another crazy guy I knew briefly and kept a firm distance from claimed he could communicate with the big foots and had killed a few.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No matter the work environment you are going to have That Guy who is always going to one-up every else with their horseshit. The best are the dummies who pull the absolutely impossible out of their ass. I had a guy once many years ago say he had escaped prison, ran cocaine for the cartels in Ft. Laudie, a stable of hookers, every single smooth-ass criminal shit you can think of this guy was Superfly TNT.

Yes, this paunchy, broke, cracked-out loser roofer who couldn't even afford cigarettes was a only five years ago grandiose underworld entrepreneur. It was amusing to listen to him pull these half-cocked fight and party stories out of his ass.

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just lied today. "Pharma sales marketing is really interesting to me because the FDA guidelines really create a defined space for creativity."

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"I'll have that to you by Friday."

ETA: Why is media disabled?

#17 Rush-O-Matic, May 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
  18. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's been years since I've told any type of lie.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's not... you just didn't use the tag correctly, and didn't open with a square brace.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nope. Before if I clicked on the filmstrip icon or picture icon, nothing happened. And, if I manually typed the media with braces, it just left it blank. So, I changed the braces to try to and show it - which then worked, but I still couldn't click on the icons. But, whatever it was, it's working correctly now. I have since rebooted my computer, so I guess it was just me.