Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

4/28/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I own a house in a very old part of the city. My perpetual bachelor older brother is renting it, just charging him the mortgage payments so it works. Funny thing is, now all the kids want ti live in that area now because it's "hip" or some shit, yet there's so much history to it they'll never know or appreciate. You know how when you buy a house they give you all the paperwork including the oldest deed they can find? I have the original deed restrictions for that house in my fireproof safe. Apparently, that property was a part of an old plantation. The deed was handwritten in cursive, on crumbling old paper, and says, in part, "no negros are to be housed on the premises."

Legally, the original deed restrictions are enforceable until overturned by a judge. So like if a cop showed up to the place, and you gave them the original deed restrictions, they'd have to enforce it. I mean of course you could take the "no negros" thing to a judge and they'd overturn it for being unconscionable, but still, they'd have to go through that and at least at first the cop would have to enforce the original deed.... So the joke with my sister, who's first husband is a black dude, is that if he ever caused shit with their son she'd just run onto the house property, call the cops, and dare him to find the money for a judge to overturn it.

2. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    A few years ago I stayed at an old plantation in Louisiana built in 1794. The whole house was fascinating, but I was enthralled with the door stops. Someone either whittled these things or they were produced by some sort of horse drawn lathe. It interested me enough to take a picture. Of a door stop.

PC210092.JPG

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy crap, those things are going for $70?! I've a ton of Braves bobble heads, including a Chipper Macon Braves one. I even have a BJ Upton one. I'll sell you that one for $10.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like I'm going to pay $10 for a BJ. Well, not to you at least...

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apperently a girl I went to college with had ordered tickets to Fyre but ended up cancelling because even ordering them was funky and scared them off. She is far from an entitled rich kid but she is definitly into the glamour culture that this event was trying to entice.

Also learned Kendel Jenner makes 300,000 dollars, per tweet, to promote shit like this. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

What a shit-show.

Back in the day we spent 2 solid years planning the Lilith Fair tour... people have no idea just how fucking hard those logistics are, never mind on an island in the Bahamas.

Sounds like a couple of frat-bro types with some contacts found out the hard way, for the entertainment of the rest of us.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My cousin worked for one of those touring endurance races, like Tough Mudder, and is going nuts at how much fun it is to watch this situation melt down. As a concept, even next to a Sandals, a beach festival sounds awesome. A buddy from work went to one in louisiana last year and had a blast. Seems the only thing these people had was decent promotions people.

10. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Last night I was reminded whiskey dick is no laughing matter....

and this PSA is brought to you by Toddamus

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, not to you.

12. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is this the 1/72 parts Cherokee that makes my cousins husband think he's the last of the Mohicans, can refer to buffalo as tatanka, and that his faux Native American doo-dads, undoubtedly made in China, give him "strong magic"?

Have I mentioned I'm related to Julius Caesar?

13. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have a great grandmother who is Blackfoot Sioux,guess that makes me a1/8th Native. I think its technically enough to get scholarships, but that always felt skeezy and underhanded so I never did, not to mention massively disrespectful to the Native community and people that need those more than I did.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I went to Woodstock 99. Yuck. "The Rage Of Aquarius". They put a quarter million people on top of a toxic waste old Air Force base with no shade and $7 for warm bottle of water, $8 for a cold one. SARStock, now THAT'S fucking concert logistics. Not a single person killed, sexually assaulted, trampled...no security code reds...I've never been to a concert with better organization, and in short time too.

What parties ever live up to their hype? Right down to party boat cruises they know exactly who to pitch to: $25k millionaires. Who show up for extravagant VIP treatment only to discover the event was organized by douchenozzles just like them.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty sure the gronk boat cruise lived up to the hype.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I remember the Vikings' party boat cruise being some sort of "scandal" but fail to remember what it was they did wrong.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

+1

Dumb redneck from Georgia travels alone to Canadia for first time, gets to see Tea Party, Flaming Lips, Jeff Healy, Justin Timberlake, The Guess Who, AC/DC, Stones and Rush on one stage, parties with total strangers, eats A+ brisket for super cheap, and doesn't get arrested or die. Now THAT's an event. Good times.

18. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They brought a bunch of prostitutes with them.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, he asked what they did wrong.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Good answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.