Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

4/21/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had a girl actually open with "You're not as tall as I'd like, but I suppose the rest of your profile makes up for it." Bitch please. All I responded with was "My height is not something I need to apologize for," and she immediately went into "you can't handle all this woman" mode. Only time in online dating that I've just openly and repeatedly insulted a stranger's looks, personality, entitlement, etc.

2. Lovebug

Lovebug
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I've done a reasonable amount of online dating (and even met my current boyfriend on OkCupid). I've tried a few avenues, including Tinder for a hot minute, and found OkCupid to be the most reliable out there (in terms of the people it attracts). That being said, the first time I met a guy from the "online" world was definitely the worst date I've ever been on.

I was sick with a cold, but he charmed me out of my cozy cave anyway. He spent the entire dinner texting on his phone. He didn't offer to pay (despite inviting me out). He was just very inattentive and rude overall. As far as bad dates go, it was mild, but it still wasn't a great experience.

3. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh I feel you. Its ridiculous. I see those messages all the time, hell, on Bumble/Tinder, Id wager I get asked my height within the first few messages at least half the time. Somewhere Ballsack is smiling, bragging about how much pussy he slays cause women care most about height.

Maybe as a woman. As a dude, my experience on OKC was demotivating to say the least. Its free, so there is no barrier to entry. Thus every remotely attractive chick was bombarded with messages. Sending a message to a girl was like screaming a compliment across a crowded bar. The one girl I went out with a few times reached out to me, I dont remember how, and that was the only reason.

Call me a snob, but I wont do Match. Same sort of issues I mentioned as OKC (one of my female friends, who is pretty but not stunning, joined Match and her inbox was full and unable to receive new messages within 48 hours). Also, I see more women I'm attracted to in 5 min on Bumble/Tinder than I would in an hour or two of rolling through Match.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

The wife and I have been together since before app-dating. I think I would have had a lot of fun doing it. But alas, marriage.

5. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I missed out on tinder. I've been with my wife longer than that's been a thing. I thought OK Cupid was fun before her, with one issue. I never met any girls that had an actual career. I assume this was because it was free. But I did think the compatibility quizzes were fun.

I ended up meeting my wife on Match. I liked the girls I met there more. We were at a similar point in life. Everyone had careers and was looking to settle down.

For those of you that shit on online dating, I liked it a lot. Every girl I had been with before then I met at a bar while drunk. As you can imagine, none of those relationships/ hookups came anywhere close to working out. My first impression on the dating sites was through writing. Which I found to be a lot easier than talking at first. Plus I knew something about them through their profile.

6. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe he brags about his hairbrush sodomy skills.

Match is a cluster. Never got a date out of there, makes sense why now. Eharmony was better, not to mention when I searched hard enough I found a a deal for $7/mo

Its good that online dating is accepted and a part of life. If you're an adult with a 9-5, how are you supposed to date with such a small social circle?

7. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a little surprised by the height discussion. Two of my good friends are 5'3" and 5'4'' and had good luck on dating sites and with women in general before they got in their current long term relationships. Granted, they are both successful and I think have always given off that kind of vibe, so that may have something to do with it.

I was late to the game with Tinder and only tried it for the first time about a year ago, and only went on one date from it. I don't get many matches and most of the ones that I get never respond. And oddly, most of the ones that don't respond never even bother to unmatch me!

I have mostly used OKCupid. I like it better than Tinder because you can message anyone and the women who are on it have more information in their profiles for you to work with. When I'm using OKCupid regularly I can probably average 3-4 dates per year, but holy shit do I have to send out a lot of messages just to get those few dates. It's frustrating, but none of the dates that I have been on have been terrible. A few of the ones who I went out with weren't what I expected from their profiles, but I knew that was bound to happen at some point.

I also liked Match when I tried it, but I am not at the point where I want to do a pay website. I also tried eHarmony, but found that it had similar shortcomings to Tinder.

I am burnt out on online dating at the moment, but I will probably try it again in a few months.

8. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Many years ago before Tinder was even around I used OKCupid and had some decent success on it. I decided I would never say no to anyone that I contacted or contacted me on there and it led to some pretty interesting discussions and dates. Never really got any romantic relationships out of the whole thing, but oddly enough, I still am in contact with one girl I met on there, almost 7 years later.

Funnily enough, my first real experience with "online dating" was actually from the old TMMB. I ended up meeting and dating one of the more "well known" girls from the old, old board for about 2 years. She wasn't nearly as bad as the people on there made her out to be, as much of it was part of an act on her end.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have no experience in online dating. Shitty to hear heights are harped on as I am a short dude. I think maybe twice I've been out flirting/hitting on a girl that stopped me and brought up it up fairly bluntly. I've had one girl I was dating say I was short but as long as I was taller than her it was fine. Im sure the majority of girls that are picky about it just move on without bringing it up and I'm none the wiser.

10. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Yeah I like OKCupid because it's nice to get a sense of who people are through the profiles other than their height and where they got their MBA (neither of which I care about) like you get on apps. I've never tried Match or eHarmony because I get the impression people use them when they're looking for a serious future spouse relationship, which I am not. The whole process is indeed exhausting but I've very rarely been on a BAD date with someone I met online, since I can read people pretty well from how they present themselves. I just don't know where else I'd meet people because I pretty much exclusively do things that attract primarily women and gay men, and as we all know the last person I met at a bar turned out to be a Nazi, so. One of the guys I'm currently seeing is from the very first time I've ever been set up, which is kind of nice. I would love if more people would meddle in my dating life to save me some work. The others are from OkCupid and another app and they're both good fits, based on what I can tell so far. Nothing long-lasting has ever resulted from any of this but I can't really complain too much.

11. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

As we all know I am a tall chick. I have dated and eyeballed shorter dudes. I've said before height really does not matter as long as you carry yourself with some air of confidence, have half a brain, some respect and a sense of humor you're good to go.

12. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    I'm 35 now. Fuck. I really am getting old. Thankfully, online dating (dating in general too) passed me by - I never saw the need for any of it as I know I would not be a match for anyone. As I get older, that just gets more confirmed as more folks I used to know are getting married, having children, etc. - I simply don't see myself needing or wanting any of that in the future. I say "used to know" because I just keep to myself nowadays - I haven't seen any of my former "friends" in years and am quite happy to keep it that way. Since I stopped drinking or going out, those "friends" have magically disappeared. I figure any date I go on would likely go the same way, so no point bothering at all, as I will no doubt be myself and she would get bored or leave or both. It's so easy to simply delete people from your life now - that's mostly a positive thing though.

Online dating has only really become more of a "thing" here as the internet speed has gone from "zzzzz" to "wow, Youtube can play now without buffering at 480p!". I haven't ever really used online dating - I have set up a profile or two, but. predictably, as I am myself, with complimentary zero confidence and pretty much zero in terms of looks too, I have had no takers. I think I had one on OkC but haven't logged into it for at least 5 years - that was likely my most recent foray and haven't been back since. I haven't had a date in over a decade, on any platform (bar, restaurant, app, whatever) and will quite happily continue that way.

13. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was already with the now wife when Tinder and the like came out, but there was Match, eHarmony and Plenty of Fish which I joined as it was free. I have two stories worth telling about my experience on POF. The first is that's how I met my wife in a round-a-bout way. I first met a different gal on there, hung out a few times but it was more of a friend connection than a dating connection. We become Facebook friends and I saw future wife on her FB page and then saw her profile on POF so that gave me an in "Hey, you know so & so" and six years later we're still together.

The other was probably the worst date I've ever been on because I'm a shallow POS. The girl had a handful of face pictures on her POF profile but that was it. We chat a few times, it went well so I go to pick her up and HOLY SHIT she was large. Not a little thick like DixieBandit's girl, but HUGE. I'm too nice of a guy to just turn face and leave but I was genuinely embarrassed to be seen with her and was praying that I didn't see anyone I knew. If I had to guess, I'd say 5'8"-5'9" and 320lbs. Maybe more. I can't judge weight when the numbers get that high.

14. Malignity

Malignity
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Well, it does go to show why dating people from work is becoming a more popular result. You spend a 3rd or more if your day with them so you will inevitably find out more about them and maybe come attracted to them

15. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

16. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Please tell me this involved a glass eye and some KY

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Did she put her finger in your butt?"
    "No, but she eyeballed me."
    "Noice."

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Nordstrom is selling jeans with fake mud on them. For $425.

Fucking kill me.

I have a lot of jeans that have mud stains and fade and rips in them. They were straight blue when I bought them from old navy for like $25. You get that look from busting your ass and falling off some roofs. You EARN that look.

19. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, but not all of us can get a brain tumor...

20. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How much do I have to spend to get jeans with a pre-made gunshot hole or two?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.