Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

4/21/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched a recent episode of The Flash, and they sang one of the songs from "Guys & Dolls." I was trying to figure out what the heck Sheep Eyes and Licorice Teeth are. I googled it on my phone, which took me to Broadwayworld.com and this the ad at the bottom of the page:
    upload_2017-4-24_17-17-32.png

I guess fake profiles and whether or not the girl makes the first move are the most common problems.

2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the biggest problem is how these places make money, mainly daily log-ins and other advertising related value data. More often people log in the more valuable adds on there become, the more incentive to create bots to keep people logging in.

#82 toddamus, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  3. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

What I would love for dating app people to do is make some options that are a bit more specific with who they're trying to attract. I don't think the actual mechanisms of online dating can be changed in any way to make it radically better, but that's always what new options try bringing to the table. The worst part about them for me is the endless scrolling through people I have no interest in. Even when I was briefly on Bumble, I could tell that there were "better" people on there, but they weren't better for me. I'm not interested in endless finance guys and doctors just like I'm not interested in endless guys who live with their mom or try to use Tinder like Seamless for fucking and would disappear when I suggested maybe we meet up in public somewhere first. I'm not looking for farmersonly.com type of specificity either. But if I'm looking to meet certain kind of people I go to certain kinds of bars in certain kinds of neighborhoods and when I'm looking to meet other kinds of people I go to different bars and different neighborhoods. If THAT could be replicated digitally that would be great. You all seem to be computer people. Get on that please.

4. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Most of the Tinder bots I've seen wait for you to send the first message before jumping into their script. I'm guessing the idea is that the initial investment into the conversation will keep the guy on the line longer.

5. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You think I am a computer person? Thats cute.

I agree with your idea. Online dating is difficult. Things like eharmony and match you try to get a sense of a person before meeting them, but maybe if you match up personality wise their is no chemistry. People are also so much more than personality traits and physical characteristics. What makes someone attractive seems to come down to intangibles and those just can't be known through a profile especially when most profiles are so groomed.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Serious question: you know people, you write, you recognize there's a market, you're smart - why don't YOU create the perfect site? (Make millions, find some lovers)

Less serious: can you call it Nazisonly.com?

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I've been out of the game for the entire duration of online dating, have NO idea what it's like. However I found while out on Saturday night my two best friends unwittingly became Eskimo Brothers via PlentyOFish. Funny stuff.

We've had Speed Dating, I propose "Thunderdome Dating", which is similar to speed dating except after everybody enters only one can leave.

8. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse

I don't know any tech people.

Although, speaking of dating and tech people: I went on a date with a guy who makes apps last summer and we went back to his place, where he lived alone in the East Village (which means he's loaded) and he had this beautiful apartment with all this cool tech-y stuff in it. He also had an Alexa, before I had ever heard of even the possibility of there being an Alexa or knew anyone else who had it. And since he did tech stuff and was super rich, I was sitting there the whole time listening him ask his Alexa to do things and I was like OH MY GOD. THIS GUY HAS A ROBOT. THIS GUY HAS A ROBOT WHO CONTROLS HIS APARTMENT. I AM IN THE FUTURE. THIS IS SO COOL. HE IS THE COOLEST. And I was SO impressed. Then a couple months later I started hearing everyone talking about them and buying them and I looked it up and saw it was only, like, $75 and I was incredibly disappointed that I actually hadn't slept with the guy who invented a house robot.

BUT he did have a cool projector with a screen that came down in front a brick wall AND I got to experience a Hitachi Magic Wand for the first and only time that night so it was still worth it in the end I guess.

9. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So yadda yadda yadda you got to experience an Alexa before they were cool and a Hitachi Magic Wand.

If a girl had a cool dog, that might be reason for me to sleep with her (yes not now obviously) despite not being overly attracted to her

10. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damn, two months and y'all still hadn't sealed the deal?

Either he was really lame, or you're hard to get. Or both.

11. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse

There are some dogs I'm still disappointed I never got to meet because I never went home with their owner who featured them prominently in their dating profile.

I was not chomping at the bit to go out with that guy again, but that didn't stop me from fantasizing about seeing him long enough that he'd ask me to housesit for him one of the many times he travelled for work.

12. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse

No, we slept together and then a couple months later I learned that Alexa is actually a mass-produced fairly accessible product, not something he invented. So, neither!

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wasn't calling you or your friends full of shit, just conveying the lameness I hear. I mean, Chicago is a big city, but its still super midwestern and kind of regressive. Hell, I know/have experienced multiple situations where a dude not upfront paying for everything always is a deal breaker. Chivalry and whatnot. I talked to a girl on Tinder a few years ago, moved to text, she asked me to get drinks, had a great time for 2-3 hours. Check came, she offered to split, not once, not twice, 3 times. The third time I finally said, I guess so. She later texted me to say "word of advice, you should never let a lady pay" and never spoke to me again. And she was a fucking lawyer.

The problem with app dating, in my opinion, is too many options isn't a great thing. Attractive guys and girls alike, especially girls, have a whole queue of matches. So if one thing goes wrong on a date, or a box doesn't get checked, you can jump right back on and successfully swipe away. I had a girl about a month ago, completely true story, match on Bumble, had really witty and banter filled conversations. We go out for drinks, good chemistry, hit 2-3 diff spots over a few hours, kiss, etc... Few days later, I ask her out again, she politely declines and tells me...you're not as tall as I thought you'd be. I'm 5'11. She wasn't a volleyball player. Just little shit like that where you don't even bother exploring it cause you can go swipe for your 6'2 Prince Charming on the Uber home.

When Tinder first came out, it blew my mind, it was amazing, and I actually semi seriously dated 2-3 of the best girls Ive met post college. But then it changed the whole game and now shit is mentally EXHAUSTING.

14. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Dating succcccckkkkks. I'm not planning on ever becoming single again, but if I did I'd full-on embrace the inner MILFy Cat Lady that secretly lives within. Wouldn't even want to go there with a real dude.

15. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You can be a cat lady and go on craigslist dates as needed.

16. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Craigslist? Am I wanting to be murdered?

17. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm sorry I don't know. I don't know what, -Am I wanting to be murdered- means

18. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

20. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Imagine being a dude who's 5'7". Now imagine being a dude that tall and seeing "If you're shorter than 5'10" don't bother messaging me. I won't message you back. I'm sorry, I'm just being honest. Tee hee tee hee tee hee" a few.......dozen times. A guy can only read that so many times and not start to get, well, angry. Now I can look back and laugh. I refer to women like that as being members of the Astronaut Mike Dexter Fan Club. Sitting around and forever waiting for their meticulously crafted idealized version of a man that just doesn't exist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.