Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

4/21/17 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Apr 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

So I guess tomorrow is Earth Day. Today however is the first day all year we are expected to actually hit 70 degrees. Not to worry because the fucking rain will be back tomorrow. We get one day of sun. It's been a bleak Spring for some of us leftcoasters.

My Mom moved to AZ because of weather related mental and physical health issues, like many do. I am not effected by the seemingly non stop rain. Well, other than it starts to piss me off eventually because I can't BBQ or work in my yard.

Does the weather in your area have any impact on your mental or physical health (good or bad)? Has anyone you know gone off the Winter Depression deep end or something similar?

And for the record, I will drag out the BBQ tonight and grill up some steaks. Screw you rain!

2. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Right now, we are in the heart of the beautiful Texas spring weather. Typically in the 80's and sunny most days. It will stay like this until right around June where it start to be around 100 each day and even higher in July and August. By the end of August, the absolute hottest part is over and will start to only be in the high 90's again until around October. The only mental stress is waiting on the electric bill in the middle of the summer, typically hitting around $200/month.

The hotter it gets here though, the worse the drivers are. And this is already the worst place I have ever lived with regards to how often I almost die on the highways.

I have brought the smoker back out to the backyard again because BBQ season is upon us the ribs won't smoke themselves. We are also in the middle of crawfish season. This is the best time of the year.

3. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hate summer. If it weren't for golf and baseball I would go crazy. I hate the heat. I hate the humidity. I hate sweating. I especially hate people that like to eat outside during the summer. Meals are supposed to be pleasant. Not sweaty. It's so depressing knowing what is coming.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I like variety. Too much of any extreme is too much for me.

I like shitty days/weeks of bad weather, be it snow or rain, as that fosters the desire I have to go work in my shop or write some code or play some video games and generally withdraw from the world without feeling guilty about "wasting" a good day. I enjoy the occasional challenge of a heavy snow fall, be it driving around town or snow blowing the driveway. A lot of that is the fact that I work from home and drive a truck, so it's "optional"... if I had to do it daily it would grow very old very quickly.

On the good days I enjoy working outside, or fishing/camping, or just sitting outside doing nothing... maybe having a drink or three, a cigar, or grilling some snacks.

One of my favourite conversations I've ever had is:

ex-wife: "what are you doing?"
    me: "nothing"
    ex-wife: "you did that yesterday, too"
    me: "not done yet"

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

New England has pretty distinct versions of all 4 seasons. Less than a month ago it was snowing. Last week it was sunny and beautiful. Right now its cold and rainy. Spring here is a completely mixed bag. I really enjoy a nice Autumn. The leaves changing with the cooler air moving in is my favorite.

Winter is when people start to get nuts a little bit. Especially in the city when many people have to park in the roads. When a snowstorm occurs, people are allowed to "save" their spot they shoveled out if they have to move their car for a day or two with space savers (i.e. some item of junk). This becomes very territorial and heavily abused. Instead of the 48 hour window after a storm, people will use space savers for a week. Want to move someone's space saver and park in their spot (which isnt really "theirs" but public property)? Well you just might get your car keyed or tires slashed. Two winters ago it was bedlam and the entire concept is completely absurd.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I'm a hot weather fan. I detest winter, detest snow and salt and filth and everything else that comes with it.

Summer means being outside and hot women in less clothes. Nuff said.

7. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hot women in less clothes makes sense where I am, a college campus, but I can't think that applies in London?

[​IMG]

8. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I miss the fall on Cape Cod, but other than that I'll take all of the fucked up Florida jokes to be able to live here on my little island.

The humidity can get a little overbearing, but we usually have a nice breeze everyday so that takes the edge off.

I don't know how people do it in the middle of the state. Meth I guess?

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Fascinating 1680's tech.

10. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The winters here can get depressing as hell sometimes. Where I live he have the least amount of sun hour(our little town is actually recommended if you are allergic to sun), most rain, etc... basically anything you don't want we are the best at. It sucks sometimes when you don't see the sun or very very little of it for weeks at a time. One plus side is normally our winters are very mild, not a lot of snow or not that many days where it is frozen. The past 3 summers have probably been the best we have seen in over 20+ years, and the 3 winters before this ones where probably the best winters don't think I even shoveled snow. This winter fucking sucked, 3+ months in the negatives snowed a lot, I am hoping summer is good and not shit like our winter.

11. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Seasons? What the fuck are those? It's 80+ all 12 months here, and for 9 of those months, it's 90-100.

Get the fuck out of here with that "seasons" bullshit.

12. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well yea, when you live in the asshole of Texas it always sucks.

13. bebop007

bebop007
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Living in the Midwest means you can frequently experience all four seasons in a single day. Fortunately, this year's winter was relatively mild. Unfortunately, we've had one of the weirdest temperature swings I can remember in a long while.

We've had lows of 40 to highs of over 70. Just this week. With the occasional (light, granted) snow flurry during this month/last month.

It's the extremes here that are just and absolute killer. When it's hot here, it's unbearably hot with ungodly humidity. And when it's cold, it's suicide inducingly cold. Thanks Lake Michigan.

Warmer weather does mean having to deal with a lot more goddamn cyclists. It does, as Crown mentioned, mean very attractive women in a lot more revealing clothing. And there's no shortage of that in downtown Chicago.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

What a nice night. Did up a steak and some spicy gratin and popped a bottle of red.

IMG_4241.JPG IMG_4242.JPG

15. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

I just walked in the door and Crazy was in a frenzy. I guess the neighbor installed numerous cameras facing into our back yard. He then scurried out the front door with a piece of cardboard...I'm pretty sure it was a sign saying something stupid.

The dumb ass still doesn't get it that this all boils down to him being a complete and total asshole.

16. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

I like to pretend that you actually live alone and that your "roommates" are actually your other personalities. It makes your colorful stories even more entertaining.

Maybe I've watched too many M. Night Shamalamadingdong movies.

17. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

It gets even better.I just walked outside for a smoke and he's on the phone in a tizzy about the cameras. And then tells me that one is pointed directly in my bedroom window. I don't actually give a fuck, but it does give me reason to break my rent agreement whenever I want because "I don't feel safe with cameras pointed at my window."

This stupid fucker is a lawyer and he doesn't even realize that.

He's outside hanging sheets in the yard now.

What a dumb son of a bitch.

Oh yeah, he did hang a sign in the front yard. I have no idea what it says.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If we're lucky we'll get to see some live stream footage directly into his room.

19. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Watching a guy organize his baseball cards doesn't sound very interesting to me.

20. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Who wants to hack the cameras and find out of this is all bullshit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.