Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

3/7/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Re: You Gotta Fight For Your Right

Did you guys hear how that song got written? If I remember correctly, Diane Warren I believe saw an interview with Barbra Streisand and her husband James Brolin. I guess Babs was telling a story about how he kissed her goodnight and said he didn't want to go to sleep (or close his eyes or something) because he'd miss her and he didn't want to miss a thing. Barf. I'm generalizing the story, but that's the gist of it. I actually invested several minutes trying to find something to back that up and couldn't. Maybe I made it up then. If I did, I think I'm pretty creative. Seriously, that's way too sappy.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Aerosmith had a huge 90's comeback generally because of Alicia Silverstone, but those albums suuuuuuuuuuuucked. Get a grip, Nine Lives (blecch!), etc..... We're they even trying?

And they may even beat Kiss for most Greatest Hits albums ever released. Seriously, they have a billion of them. How much more money do you need?

3. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: You Gotta Fight For Your Right

There is nothing rock and roll whatsoever about Streisand and anything she has ever said. Okay I don't know if that's a real fact but I don't care.

Barbara Streisand and I have the same birthday. What the fuck.

This is an awesome song but I have no words for Steven Tyler.

My brother bought Honkin' on Bobo when it was released in 2004 and spent a year trying to convince me it was good. Nope. They stopped trying in the 90s and switched to trying way too hard after that.

#103 katokoch, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Say what happeed to Nom? He hasn't posted since February 2nd. Which one of you clowns made him leave in disgust?

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Call 911

He's in either in Italy with Tx and 'sack or he and Frank are on a cross-country RV trip.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So anyone dig the new Cosmos? I generally like these types of shows Netflix is so flushed with them plus Morgan "narrator god" Freeman has his own as well as Stephen Hawking. At this point most of the info has been played out on various shows. While the CGI is top notch I think they are over used here to some extent. Somehow Ken Burns can drive a 10 part series on the Civil War with still photos but we barely get to see any of the breath taking shots we have of our own universe in the show. I started to lose interest when they went to the cartoons to tell the story of the italian scientist burned at the stake. You could also feel the open handed swipe the producers took at the creationism vs science debate that is in vague at the moment.

Also, Tyson's "ship", looks like The Flight of the Navigator's ship banged Bobo Fett's ship and had a baby CGI ship for him to zip around the universe. Nerd out!

7. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Either way, Nom is the ultimate PC nazi. He coined the term CIS on this board, which I'm still am not sure what its an abbreviation for. I don't miss his overly involved, way too serious conversations.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

CIS is a term for us "normies" who are born with a cock/vagina and who's gender identity lines up with them. He didn't coin the term but used it in the insufferable internet debating way when white knighting for transgender people.

9. zzr

zzr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cis- and trans- are common prefixes in organic chemistry, and Latin, of course. Cis- means "same side" and trans- means "opposite sides."

10. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

11. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So transgender is when your penis is on the opposite side? Like, your butt and your penis are on backwards? Man that's got to be rough to grow up with. You know what though, I don't care what side your penis is on or where your butt is, it's 2014 and love is love.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

13. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Also, where is Pinkcup? Between the two of them gone I haven't been told I should feel bad about being a middle aged straight white guy with appropriate genitals in a while.

14. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not picking on you Toddamus, but every time someone on here fades away (or leaves in a huff), the reaction is similar to the above.

Do you know where that gets us? That gets us to every thread looking like this:

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I thought it was a great introductory episobabede. I was shocked at how good the CGI was, especially exploring the Great Red Spot. It lagged a bit here and there but it's easy to follow and entertaining.

I don't recall them taking a swipe at Creationism, they seemed to be very careful not to denounce religion. However I think there's no "debate" between science and creationism. There isn't two sides to an arguement when one side is a complete load of shit.

16. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You know, it makes sense to me to have a more formal term of describing that condition, especially to be used in a medical sense. What most people do now would be equivalent to describing heterosexual people as non-homos. Not technically wrong, it just sounds stupid.

But the only people who I've heard use the word "cis" or "cisgender" are whiny twats who cry about privilege.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If a certain TiBette were here right now, this whole place would be in flames.

18. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been listening to this a bit recently:

It's a surprisingly good rendition of the song. I don't like country usually, but most of that album they did for this season of Archer is actually pretty good.

#118 Fernanthonies, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  19. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He probably got tired of the casual racism that none of you seemed to have a problem with. In fact you all got upset when he would try to moderate it.

The board seems to dwindle more and more every day, and it is almost to freak safari level of participation. For those of you that do not know, that board was an offshoot of the RMMB because they were tired of being moderated. It had a following for a while. Now it is the same four guys that post back and forth in their equivalent of the drunk thread. Sound familiar?

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Noah is not a documentary?

Calling it a load of shit is a little strong. Some scientific theory has held up quite well over the years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.