Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

3/7/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sorry to derail the Bitchy/Bossy convo, but I figured I'd get better visibility in this thread along with the Networking thread.

Going to be heading up to Boston for the first time this weekend. Any suggestions on "must-do" places to visit, eat at, etc.? I know because it's going to be St. Patrick's Day weekend, pretty much everything is going to involve drinking, but I'd like to fit in some non-alcohol related activities if I can.

2. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

What kind of shit are you into?

For science, check out the science museum or the MIT museum.

For art, check out the MFA or the Isabella Stewart Gardner museum.

For black people, check out Dorchester.

For fancy cocktails, check out Drink.

For beers, check out the Harpoon brewery tour.

If it's nice, which Saturday is supposed to be, check out the Commons. Good place to take a stroll and you can see downtown and the Freedom Trail and stuff. Ignore the tour, tours are dumb, but do walk along and look at stuff.

For trees check out the arboretum. If it's your thing, it might be cool to get high before going there.

You could check out a comedy show, but they have those everywhere. Not sure who's in town, but I assume it's somebody.

For restaurants, it kind of depends on what you're into and where you're staying. I'm not a big fancy restaurant person, but I had a pretty good meal at Craigie on Main.

This should be a start, but if you have specifics, send me a PM or post here. PM is probably better because then I can read it, forget about it for three months and then send you a message like, "sorry dude, did you still need this info?"

3. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanks for the suggestions, the Harpoon tour and the Commons sounds like something that would be fun.

Being more specific, I guess I would ask what would be some good places to check out for Boston food? I'm not looking for anything fancy, but whenever I go to a city I've never been to before I like to try and find some places that are considered local landmarks. I already know at some point we'll be hitting up the Union Oyster House, but past that, everything is still pretty much up in the air.

4. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

This goes both ways. There're a lot of women in leadership positions in my company and I've known plenty of employees over the years who get all butt-hurt when a female supervisor is tough on them but have no problems when the same discipline is coming from a man.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Probably the same people who ask to speak to a male employee when shopping in a store. Pure insecurity.

6. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Maybe, but in most cases they simply have the implicit expectation that women are going to coddle them and make sure their fee-fees don't get hurt and react negatively when their expecations are dashed.

7. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Whereabouts are you staying, and what sort of foods do you like?

8. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Staying right near Fenway. And as far as food goes, I'm pretty willing to try most anything at least once, but my comfort foods are more along the lines of barbecue, or a good steakhouse. I also like to do the fresh seafood in a known fishing area.

9. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Guys, I think Juice is on a bad trip. Don't take the brown acid.

[​IMG]

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

11. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pregaming at the airport before catching a flight to Vegas for March Madness.

There's a midget server at the TGI Friday's at Hartsfield Jackson.

I so want to drill some holes in a food tray and tie it on top of her head.

12. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Word.

Go to Sweet Cheeks. It's near you, very solid BBQ, nice place. If you're just out and about near Kenmore, I think Uburger is up there in terms of fast food burgers. Legal Seafood is popular and pretty good, but likely will be expensive and crowded. If you want a steak, try the steakhouse near my house and let me know if it's good because I've been meaning to try it.

13. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually think that the whole "bossy" thing comes from little girls with too much self-esteem. From what I remember of being a child, boys only let other boys order them around if they had a reason to follow that guy, they were seen as smarter, stronger, or most often cooler. The unfit leaders weren't called bossy, they were ignored.

The same thing happens with girls, but you're more likely to see the unfit leaders with irrationally high self-esteem get louder and louder. Calling them bossy is actually gentler than the treatment boys like that get, which is usually "shut the fuck up." I've never heard someone call a little girl leading a group be called bossy. It's usually the one yelling at other kids who are ignoring her. I imagine a lot of them learned it at home from domineering mothers who brow beat their husbands about everything.

In short, girls who want people to follow them but fail tend to be bossy. Boys who want people to follow them but fail tend to wear trench coats and smoke pot behind the cafeteria building.

As for the men who refuse to follow a qualified woman, I would bet that most of them are little boys who wanted to lead but couldn't and latch onto the first excuse they can to put themselves above their current leader.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.