Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

3/11/16 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Mar 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I bought a Hot Pocket for lunch today. I feel like a teenager again.

What transports you back to your younger years?

Random weird story:

The SO was doing some side work here at the office for my Boss. We share the back parking lot with the business next door. Beyond the parking is where he was working clearing the greenspace back there. One of the guys from next door says to him, "You didn't find a machete back there did you?" *blinkblink* WTF kind of question is that? Not to mention from a complete stranger.

He followed it with an explanation being that he'd had one and couldn't find it so he thought he may have "left it back there". That made it even more fucking weird.

In short I was told to "never talk to that weird fuck that drives the mini van." Ok then.

And no he wasn't using it back there to chop...stuff. My Boss owns the property not the business next door.

#1 shegirl, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  2. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Music transports me you to younger years. If I hear a song that I may have forgotten about or not heard in quite some time, I will remember some pleasant time back in my youth when I heard the same song.

It really sucks when I hear "I wanna hold your hand" cause then I start thinking about a temper tantrum I threw as an infant.

3. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

This song takes me back to when I was about 12 or 13. I was at sleep-away camp for the summer. The place was kind of run-down and was very poorly supervised. I saw my first vagina there on a female counselor who thought it was wise to sit on the shower-house steps in a towel and not cross her legs. We went on a camping trip, and counselors all got shit-faced. One counselor, Steve, got shit-faced and started barking at the camp fire. The other counselor excused it by him "just being really tired." 3 other counselors were having a very audible three-some in the neighboring tent. One of the other campers wandered off to take a piss, and fell into a river and sprained his ankle. The next morning one counselor took my Duncan yo-yo away and called me a pussy for asking for it back.

4. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Been having sex and relationship discussions with the boys. I dunno what I did that they're able to speak and ask questions without blushing and feeling awkward.

5. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was on the cycle machine at the gym last night and it has options to watch TV, listen to music or watch music videos with your ear buds on. I selected the music videos "classic" category. It was awesome. ZZ Top, Madonna, Pat Benatar, etc. I had to work really hard not to sing out loud in front of the rest of the gym.

6. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Definitely this, of course. I think this is universal.

Smells definitely bring me back to earlier times and places. The smell of cooking sauce or meatballs, made a certain way, reminds me of dinners at my grandmothers house. Sometimes I can walk into an office or college cafeteria and the smell reminds me of our cafeteria in grammar school. The smell of fresh cut lumber reminds me of working with my dad on projects around our old house, and helping him with side projects he did for a family friend who flipped houses. My dad was a printer, and he always had ink stained hands, and smelled faintly of printing ink. A few times I visited his shop, and the whole place smelled, to me, like my dad. Certain combinations of paint and oily smells, whether in a shop or a garage, sometimes remind me of that ink smell, and my dad.

The smell of a baseball glove brings back a whole flood of memories - Spring, playing catch with my dad, little league, throwing the ball around at recess . . . . . .

7. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Hangovers and pregnancy scares.

Husband says "music and smells. Wait. Fucking pregnancy scares? What kind of fucked up younger years did you have?"

Hehe. He's so cute.

8. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Menthol makes me think of mentholatum which makes me think of my grandmother. I was the weirdo kid that would open up her jar of mentholatum and sniff it. I was the same with mimeograph paper.

9. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What the hell is mimeograph paper?

I heard a No Doubt song on the radio today and was immediately transported back to the past and the house we moved into when Tragic Kingdom came out.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You kids, today. smh

Ah, the joy of wet, purple paper and (probably) toxic ink. When I was in college, you had to pay for photocopies, but you could run off party fliers on the mimeograph machine for FREE!

Also, all the photocopiers at the school where I got my second degree had copiers with those little counter things you could insert. You plugged them in to the side, and it would count like an odometer. Then you took the counter back to the librarian or department head or where ever you were, and they'd charge you $0.10 per copy of whatever. The device had like 8 pins or something. Of course, I knew the paper clip trick, where you jumper pin 2 to pin 6 or whatever it was, and make all the copies you want. I skipped class a lot, so I was always copying notes from classmates. One time, I got the counter thing, ran 2-3 copies, then switched it out for the paper clip. I ended up making like 100 copies. I walked back up to the desk, and the student working there looked at the counter, looked at my stack of papers, looked back at the counter. She sat there for about 30 seconds, and I just smiled at her and nodded my head. She said, "Thirty cents." Good times.

#10 Rush-O-Matic, Mar 11, 2016
  11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Ever seen the old-school drafting copier stuff that used to have special paper and ammonia that would duplicate from one big page to the other? Like that, but for small paper.

Basically it was the duplicating process used before photocopiers existed. A new test would be run off and you'd get handed pages that reeked of ammonia and made you high.

Very, very distinctive smell.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

They were also known as "ditto machines".

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Au contraire, mon frère. The mimeograph did not use the ammonia process. That smell was the ink. The ammonia process for blue line drawings, was a spirit duplicator similar to the ditto machine. I spend WAAAY too many hours making prints during my engineering co-op days. That process had the yellow chemical on the paper already, and the combination of ammonia and fluorescent light would remove all the yellow and turn it blue where the original would block the light. The mimeograph process actually put ink on blank paper, and would run out after a certain number. (The last ones in a run would start to fade, and you'd have to decide if they were worth keeping.)

ETA: I don't know wtf is going on here, but this is a mimeograph machine.

#13 Rush-O-Matic, Mar 11, 2016
  14. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

BOOM, bitches! I finally have a weekend off, and my husband's gone so I can veg out alone.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are you going to "veg out alone" with a cucumber or a carrot?

16. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yessss, ditto sheets. I called it mimeograph paper because that is the technical term, but in school it was ditto sheets. The teacher would hand them out and I would try not to be too obvious as I held it to my nose and took a whiff. I guess I wasn't the only one, though:

[​IMG]

17. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh my fuck.

[​IMG]

Fuck yeah.

[​IMG]

18. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Thank you so much for reminding me of these. Heaven was when the teacher asked you to go make the copies.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

It's a friday night, and I'm group texting pinterest ideas with the admin of my school (they're the ones who think up shit, I just build it). We're officially a bunch of nerds.

In related news, sounds like I'm going to home depot tomorrow to build a miniature camper/RV facade and camp fire setup.

20. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2_jpeg0fe2c4fc416f312fb4dd19a79cc151df.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.