Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

3/1/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck that. Billions down the shitter.

<a class="postlink" href="http://michaelsnyder.mensnewsdaily.com/2014/02/31-percent-of-all-food-in-america-is-wasted-and-why-that-is-about-to-end/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://michaelsnyder.mensnewsdaily.com/ ... ut-to-end/</a> This guy is kind of pissed about not only the waste, but legislation proscribing feeding the homeless.

2. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Most things I don't have an issue eating after the bullshit "sell by" or "expiration" dates, except milk, holy fucking Mary you haven't had the shits until you've drank some bad milk.

I am not sure how long eggs last in the fridge (they don't last long enough in my house to find out) but I guess in Europe they just leave them out on the counter. I have never thrown eggs out, but they are always in the fridge.

3. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You can put eggs in water to test them. If they float, they are bad: http://www.wikihow.com/Tell-if-an-Egg-is-Bad

4. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Honestly Im surprised Ive never gotten food poisoning. How long I keep raw food is usually double or tripled after I cook it. I can stretch some food out. I was still eating chicken wings a month after my friend's had brought them home in one of those huge silver pans from a banquet.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

As a teacher I can attest to the fact that your immune system is MUCH stronger than you think, and when you get it honed-in, it's a low-grade super power. I've been teaching for over a decade and I've gotten sick from I think at this point everything known to man, but I've only gotten sick from it once -- at this point, I'm convinced I can eat raw, expired chicken and be perfectly fine.

I've had food poisoning a few different times from a few different types of food; I've been hospitalized multiple times as well. But damnit, once your body learns what you like and how to fight it, it fights it. So if you keep raw food for "too long" and cook it later, eventually, your body is gonna get used to it, and it will become a normal routine. At least in my experience.

Hate to call up the "caveman diet" crap (regarding which I am legitimately neutral), but part of it makes sense from what I've seen with myself: Our ancestors used to eat raw, obviously "expired" meat and they were fine. Once your body gets used to it, why can't we?

TL;DR: Your immune system is a fucking BEAST!!!

6. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

I think I've mentioned this before but I worked with a guy that would eat raw hamburger for lunch. With his fingers. Just dig right in. Blood dripping and everything.

7. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not all chicken has salmonella, but a huge proportion do. I'm starting to think you're losing your mind. First you want to be rocket man, now you want to eat raw chicken. Next thing you know you'll be sacrificing your son to Jehovah. Maybe its time to see a professional.

8. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm pretty sure salmonella isn't real. I've made THOUSANDS of cookies and eaten a shameful amount of cookie dough and it's made me sick a total of zero times. Ergo, salmonella is a lie told to keep you from eating cookie dough and understanding real joy and happiness.

9. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For some reason I think eggs are different.
    I know a way to test this though. Why don't you make chicken sashimi this weekend and let us know how it goes.
    This looks really good.

[​IMG]

10. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What vegan bullshit lobby sent you to spread such LIES? No one ever died from cookie dough. They only get tougher, stronger. We should have been feeding this shit to our troops in 'Nam so they could slink through the jungle while Charlie got weaker.

Beef Carpaccio, Steak Tartare? Go fuck yourself with your mom's dick. That shit is nasty. Gummy, mealy, fatty meat. Might as well lick the floor of a slaughterhouse. You people disgust me. Might as well suck on an AIDS dick.

11. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Carpaccio is awesome, put a little olive oil on top and thinly slice it, pretty amazing stuff. Sushi, needless to say is pretty great too.

I think raw pork is more dangerous than raw chicken. Apparently it can carry Trichinosis which is a fun little bug.

12. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whatever, eat your toxoplasmosis.

Look at this shit. LOOK.

[​IMG]

Don't drink it. Ever. I'm sitting here belching up hot cinnamon and sushi. This is the worst fucking combo of flavors. One shot is roiling around like a dragon.

13. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Attached Files:

14. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I do the same. I'll keep ground beef in a fridge for more than a week and cook it after it starts to turn brown, and I've never gotten sick.

15. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why they even bother putting expiration dates on lollies, softdrink or premixed alcohol
    I'll never know

16. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My dad once found a three and a half year expired cheesecake in the freezer and ate it. I bid him my farewells, but he managed to survive.

17. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Okay, but the rate of transmission of HIV from receptive oral intercourse is like 1 event per 100,000, and AIDS dicks are just ridiculously tender and flavourful.

18. Bob Trousers

Bob Trousers
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Expiry dates on food are a guide line, and more importantly, a way to make more money for the company involved. Stick a low expiry date on it, you may never use it and then have to buy more. That's what they want. If my bag of bread says use by the 13th, and we're at the 16th and there's no mould and it ain't drying up, I'ma eat that shit. Because I'M GANGSTA..

19. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They're organic, locally sourced and fit into most diets.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The new weight loss fad sweeping the nation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.