Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

3/1/14 WDT NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I realized this morning that people care more about the performance reviews I write than about my actual ability to, you know, lead and/or manage people. "Hey, this guy wrote a great performance review! Let's make sure he shares his ability with his peers!" instead of "Hey, this guy's team is performing really well and he's earned the respect of everyone in the department because he's not a fucking douchebag, maybe we could learn a thing or two from him".

Fucked up.

2. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You have options now. Get a full body American flag leather suit and just go ride, man. You aren't anyone's slave.

Or you could just live in an Ikea box, selling your butthole for herring. That's currency over there, right? Herring? Yeah.

The most memorable bum I ever met was named Flippin' Nigga George. He'd hang out in front of an Irish bar downtown and for booze money he would do backflips. His record was 33, flipping down the street, holding up traffic. George was also a crackhead. I saw him one night cradling his arm, with this huge snot bubble on his lip. He said the devil ran him over in his car. "Why the devil do that to George?!?!" Why indeed, George. I offered to take him to the hospital, because he was obviously hit by a car, but he preferred scamming people into buying him beers. I think he's dead now.

What I'm saying is, you could have a career.

3. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The fleeting buzz and progressive escalation of quantity needed to get the same buzz after you've done it for awhile is why that drug is terrible. The first time I did it, it scared the fuck out of me. Cause it was AMAZING. Everything seemed fantastic, it was the most fun I ever had playing Guitar Hero and I legitimately wanted to ravage the completely unattractive girl on the couch with me. I woke up the next day and basically thought "fuck that, never again." I did it once more post college, it was ok and kept me up till 5 AM drinking, but thats about it. I have no urge to go back. I will throw down on some adderol when drinking, cause that just makes me the best version of myself. I took one at a wedding not long ago in which I was super salty as I was the only single person there and may or may not have been feeling sorry for myself. Two drinks and an addy bomb later, I was leading group dances on the dance floor and high fiving the band. I wasn't manic so much as I was just excited to make the best out of everything.

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Adderall is a good drug if you have ADHD. For me, it worked miracles, until I started getting heart palpitations and my heart started racing.

That pretty much but a stop to be using that drug. If I could take it and not have those problems my life would be much easier.

5. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fucking love that documentary, and most of his others too. Netflix has a bunch.

Jwags yeah, the worst hangovers I think I've witnessed were people doing coke the night before and drinking 'til dawn like they were invincible. That's appealing. Adderall... my business school classmates just used it to study for days on end. Never tried it, I stuck with coffee and Irish cream when I needed to write shit fast.

Hey here's some of the greatest or worst tattoos I've seen, depending on how you look at them.

6. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So this morning I was at the grocery store and this 17 year old was totally checking me out.

Well ok, maybe she was more like 27.

Fine, she wasn't a day over 37.

All right, fuck you, she was around 47. But she was a good looking 47. Or at least pretty decent. And she was checking me out!

I immediately went to the rest room to make sure I didn't have my shirt on backwards or something hanging out of my nose.

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I went to the grocery store this morning too!

I ended my experience there by asking an employee quite clearly, "Excuse me sir," because I needed help with something.

Turns out he was a she. I felt like a total asshole.

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No. THEY are the asshole for not being clearly male or female.

9. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I have to think it has happened before. She was probably in her 50s and overweight, but the weight was not situated in normal female places like her rear, thighs or boobs. It was all around the middle and she had a very barrel shaped chest. She also had a shaved head and was wearing chunky gold earrings that were sort of ambiguous to sex, but she obviously was a woman when I heard her speak. She was very nice and I feel like a total tool for (probably) making her feel bad about herself.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck yeah I have fallen asleep watching that many of times. Not because it's boring but the narrators voice plus Ashoken Farwell played over and over is just sublimely relaxing. It really did set the standard of history documentaries. I actually did not like The War, Baseball was great, and Prohibition is so so.

11. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Uh huh, sure, that's why you went to the rest room...

I ALSO (kind of sort of) went to the grocery store. It was Walmart (they have grocery items!) because I needed a new phone case. I hadn't showered and went to the gym beforehand. I fit right in. I ended up not getting a phone case, but I did talk myself into a discounted cake because it was something called "expired". It is (not) surprisingly, all that good. I was barely able to finish it.

12. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So how does your seventeen year olds large knockers fit into this story?

13. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Actually it is illegal to sell expired food. Eat it all today because it'll reach its sell by date tomorrow or the next day.

And yeah, I went to Walmart this morning too. We have Walmart marketplaces around here and they actually have really nice produce. I know it is bad in other places but for whatever reason they're good here. That being said, stay the ef away from super Walmart produce. That shit is picked over and wilted to the extreme. Nasty.

14. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Isn't the owner of Trader Joe's opening up a store selling just expired foods? Or he wants to or something? And I think places like Aldi's do that as well.

Edit for link: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/feat...resident-expired-food-20140127,0,3406389.post

I couldn't believe how packed it was but we are supposed to get a storm tomorrow, so I guess that's why.

15. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

It's an interesting idea but I am not sure about the legality of it. I all the time cruise by and grab up tons of meat that is marked down because the date is tomorrow or the next day and then just put what I can't use over the next couple days in my freezer. Maybe that is part of the way they can get around it. Or maybe there are disclaimers on everything.

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fun fact, the guy that run Aldi's and the guy that run Trade Joes are brothers.

17. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not sure if there is a law concerning that stuff here. The expiration date does not necessarily mean the meat is rancid or even near turning. But grocery stores will not donate ANYTHING because they're afraid of liability. Which pisses me off shelters won't get free food because some scumbag getting a free meal might, MIGHT, 1 in a million type chance, get the shits. Literal tons of perfectly good food thrown in a locked dumpster behind the store. That is pathetic.

I hate waste. Our major slaughterhouses partake in at best dubious practices, at worst they are outright sickening villains torturing our food. We kill all these animals, then end up tossing their flesh in the garbage. Not just stores, but consumers. I know only a few people that keep their leftovers. I've seen my friends scrape whatever they didn't finish that night right into the trash. Apparently most people do this? Everyone, top to bottom, is an asshole.

On a side note my pal invited me to his bbq tomorrow. He's getting frozen hamburger patties. I hate everything right now.

So what should I bring to this shame fest? I kind of want to cook some major French preparation just to piss all over everyone's efforts.

18. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why don't you bring some actual bbq seeing as this poor fool obviously has no idea what a bbq is.

19. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not wasting good ribs on people. I'm of the mind if 10 people come, cook for 20. The only advice grandmom gave worth a damn. So I'm not blowing $50 on pork.

I decided to bring my potato salad. These slobs only buy the store bought Miracle Whip shit. Mine uses a bit of good mayo, Dijon mustard, parsley, green onion, and boiled eggs. Seriously, use mustard instead of too much mayo. I hate it when they drown it in that shit.

Oh, since nobody asked, make your own mayonnaise. It is an entirely different creature than anything you can buy. My God. Instead of a gloopy, fatty lard-like muck, it's creamy and eggy and full of lemon and garlic. Fucking magic.

20. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I guess it is more of a store wide policy thing then. I thought it was a law. One of the butchers tried to sweet talk his boss into letting me buy stuff one day past the date for super cheap but he wasn't allowed to. I absolutely agree with you CJ, it is a crime to waste so much. I do save leftovers and even freeze leftovers for future meals. I honestly thought most people did this. First and foremost it is a money thing for me, I am straight up miserly and it hurts to see things I spent money on hit the trash. I literally imagine dollar bills falling into the kitchen trash and it pisses me off. I might have a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.