Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

24: Live Another Day (Day 9)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Juice, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Great finale. Definitely was one of the stronger seasons of the show and probably my favorite. Id rather they stick to the shortened format like this than actually dragging out 24 hours.

If they do bring it back (and lets face it, they specifically ended it that way to do so) then it would be crazy if the Russians turned Jack or something extreme along those lines. The writers made specific points through this season to show Jack teetering on the edge of his sanity and only needing to get pushed over the line. Getting captured and likely tortured by the Russians will probably do just that.

I cant imagine Chloe will let this go either. It would be great if she wiped off the goth makeup and ran a CIA station or a revived CTU and made it her mission to rescue Jack.

Also, what the fuck with this Belichek guy. Hes awesome but terribly under developed.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

William Devane killed that tarmac scene. My father died (young) from Alzheimers, and that bit of dialogue was spot on and eerily familiar to me.

I would love to see Day 10, and think it would be great to stick to the shorter season format.

Also, did everybody else enjoy Rembert Browne's recaps at Grantland.com?

3. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

In the finale, Jack Bauer stabbed a guy in the neck then used him as a human shield before killing him, killed another guy with a thrown meat cleaver, and sliced off a man's head with a sword. I'd say it was a good finale.

4. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Great finale.

But, this had been bugging me the last 2 weeks....why didn't they just run a voice analysis off the recording Chloe made to confirm that Cheng was still alive?? At the very least they could have used it to buy some time with the Chinese.

5. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hadn't even thought about that, but it reminds me: I was bugged by the fact that Cheng claimed to know that Jack was onto him right after he killed Adrian and fled with Chloe. He didn't know that Chloe had left the recording behind, so at that point he had no way to know that anyone who hadn't seen him in person knew that he was still alive.

Also, was Jack ever issued a pardon? He was supposed to turn himself in after the day's events were over, but there didn't seem to be any mention from the other characters of where he had gone or what he was doing after he got the phone call from the Russians to turn himself over. I know that these are the kinds of things we should be used to by now with 24, but still.

6. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes. Heller gave him a pardon right after he threw the chick and her son out the window.