Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

24: Day 8

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kratos, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After last night's episode, he will be doing much of that for the rest of the season. I'm putting the over/under at 15.5.

2. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think you guys might like this, it's available on X-box.

Attached Files:

3. Timo

Timo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm sure this is pretty obvious to everyone, but I'll go ahead and point it out. Boning Jack Bauer has serious consequences

1. Teri Bauer - murdered 1st season by Nina Myers
    2. Nina Myers - killed in season 3 by Jack
    3. Audrey Raines - kidnapped in China for extended period of time, is now forbidden to see Jack ever again.
    4. Marilyn Bauer - marries Jack's brother, has her son kidnapped for collateral, husband killed by his own father
    5. Renee Walker - mudered minutes after doing the deed

Am I missing anybody? Ladies, keep your legs closed when Jack Bauer is in town. Your life depends on it!

4. upgrayedd

upgrayedd
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Kate Warner is still alive...I think.

5. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Red head from start of Season 5 (when Jack was living in hiding from the Chinese).

6. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For fucks sake, can we just hurry up and have Jack raining down hell on anyone who has ever drank vodka, watched the Hunt for Red October or laughed at a dancing bear in a hat on the basis that it gives them a loose association to the Russians.

7. smoke

smoke
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I texted one of my friends after this week's episode and said "The last six hours of 24's existence just wouldn't be right without Jack going rogue and destroying some Russians".

This is going to be awesome.

8. smoke

smoke
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Is anyone still watching 24?

Is anyone else tired of hearing that hag President Taylor going on and on about the peace treaty? I hope Jack forcibly interrogates her before this thing is done.

9. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Begrudgingly I'll admit to still watching it. President Taylor has to be one of the weakest minded presidents ever. Logan was/is evil but at least he knew/knows it and uses it to forward his agenda. This bitch might as well be made of silly putty. I keep waiting for jack to go apeshit. That needs to happen post haste.

10. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is bullshit. Two fucking episodes and Jack has done sweet fuck all. KILL SOMEONE. Jesus Christ, it is the last 6 hours of the show. Let's drop all this bullshit and just have hour after hour of Jack killing people and going out in a blaze of glory.

11. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think he heard you...

"You wont take that shot, it's took risky."

12. Virty

Virty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

That episode was awesome. I can't even put into words how happy every part of that episode made me. It was like a steak blowjob birthday all wrapped up into a nice little 42 minute long portion.

13. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When Jack decided to lay waste to the Private Security guys was a real turning point for me. Previously any 'civillians' were either good or bad, and Jack's actions were based off this. These guys had no back story or no reason to be viewed as bad in the 24 sense. Yet Jack killed every single one of them without hesitation. Hell he didn't even wait to be fired on. Awesome.

For the love of God please let Jack go out killing President Taylor.

14. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Ehh...not sure about that. He may have shot first at those guys, but not until they were closing in on his position with weapons drawn, clearly about to shoot him. He didn't kill the sentry on the roof, even though he could have done so and it would have made his task a lot simpler.

The real turning point IMO was killing the tranny mole in cold blood. The only time I can remember him doing that before was to Christopher Henderson, and he had a MUCH bigger role in his respective evil conspiracy than she did.

15. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They were private security hired by the government on Presidential orders to hold and interrogate an enemy of the state. By every definition they were they 'good' guys in the 24 universe. We didn't even see a back story of them kicking puppies or at least something to have them considered 'bad' guys. There were simply in Jack's way of revenge and he killed them.

Don't get me wrong I thought it was fucking bad ass. But the fact is pretty clear Jack murdered some individuals who were without fault other then using light torture on a terrorist suspect. That hardly justifies being killed.

16. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My point is that even though they weren't "bad guys", he arguably killed them in self-defense. Sort of like a few seasons ago where he and Wayne Palmer started a firefight between Henderson's private security firm and the National Guard in order to escape the bank where they were holed up...clearly this was going to result in the death of some of the Guardsmen, even though they obviously weren't bad guys.

17. 9iron

9iron
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

This is tough. On the one hand, they were hired by Logan's people and intended on torturing and executing a woman who hadn't been found guilty of anything. On the other hand, the only reason Jack had to kill them was that he wanted to get the evidence first...and Jack ends up killing her anyway.

To me Jack killing Curtis tops anything during the abomination that was season 6. But anyway this feels a lot like the end of season 5 right now, except I think it will go down with a lot more bloodshed, I can't wait.

18. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My Good/Bad analogies probably weren't the best, I was trying to get at the overall theme of 'the greater good'. Killing Curtis was in line with this theme, Curtis was sacrificed because he was acting in self-interest. I could even see an argument that the private security guys were acting for 'the greater good'. I just don't see how Jack is acting is pursuant to that theme now, he is acting on pure revenge. Jack is for once putting aside his sense of obligation and is acting on pure self-interest. I would love to see him die at the end of this; however I think the speculation of a movie may stop this.

19. smoke

smoke
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

That was an AWESOME episode tonight. Jack taking out an entire Russian special ops team? Check. Jack torturing the Russian and cutting the SIM card out of his stomach? Check. Jack finding out he's going to ruin Logan's shit? Check.

These last three hours are going to be unreal.

20. mastert

mastert
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Favorite line(s) of the episode:

Chloe: "That's Jack! They're trying to kill him!" Arlo: "Yea that part of the plan didn't go so well."

And the thought of Jack going after that weasel Logan is the most satisfying thing about this season...finally he gets what he deserves.