Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

24: Day 8

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kratos, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Virty

Virty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I would be quite pleased with that happening.

This has been a pretty good season thus far, in my mind. I think I like these side plots a little bit better though. Though I do hope they keep President Hassan's daughter around though, she is kind of hot.

2. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Okay, Dana being the mole this season has got to be the absolutely dumbest fucking thing this show has done in at 3 seasons. It almost feels as if the writers finally realized how big of a waste of time that she-male's subplot was that they had to make her the mole to keep her relevant. I don't even know what else to say about how stupid the last 10 minutes of this episode were.

And holy fuck is that Hastings guy the most incompetent piece of shit on the planet or what? I wouldn't let him manage a Kentucky Fried Chicken, let alone CTU.

3. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really didn't think this episode was that bad. It was nothing special, just your typical 24 fare. The main thing that bothered me was how they stretched the whole fiasco with Jack's crew and the terrorists into basically an entire hour.

I didn't see the Dana as a mole thing coming but it wasn't a surprise, either. And not just because it's something you would expect from 24. Unless I missed something, they never really talked about what it was that happened in her past between her and Kevin and why she needed to hide it.

4. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My beef is - For real? Another mole? For real? Come on. How many seasons does this make it where there is a fucking mole in CTU. What kind of background checks are these? This horse-faced bitch wouldn't be able to get a job at Wal-mart, let alone in a highly placed government agency. It all smacks of further reasons to piss off Whathasbeenseen. Its a conspiracy to piss me the fuck off.

[​IMG]

5. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You guys are being really critical. I've never seen the show before this season and while I've hated the story so far with Dana, I thought the twist at the end was another good one. The last two episodes have been really entertaining.

6. Natty

Natty
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Dude, that episode, and pretty much this season is a piece of shit. Keiffer is the only dude that has any acting skills on the whole fucking show. And subsequently the only reason I continue to tune in.

7. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I also think you guys are being overly critical. It's 24. I just don't see how you can expect much more.

This has been an improvement over last season, as you're not seeing 12 guys invade and take over the White House . And it's certainly better than the abortion that was season 6. If you really think it's that bad then don't watch.

8. 9iron

9iron
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I think those of us who have been around since the first few seasons have a right to expect more. The EMP, CTU being attacked, the mole in CTU, eminent danger to millions of americans, it's all been done before.

I think the big problem this season, and last season too really, is that the die hard fans have no reason to care about what happens to the characters anymore. The show has more or less followed the same storyline throughout its run, but it was the drama between Jack, Tony, Michelle, the Palmers, Chloe, Nina and others that kept everyone engaged. Now everyone is dead and its just Jack caught up in another day of hell. It looks like this will be the last season and its probably for the best, lets just hope the writers come up with a good way to wrap it all up.

9. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/03/fox-cancels-24.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/03/fox-cancels-24.html</a>

10. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy shit. This show is still going? Is Elisha Cuthbert still on it? If not, I will never watch it, ever.

11. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

She was at the beginning of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if she returns before the end, but who knows. Maybe they'll kill her, that'd be a great way to end the series.

12. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agree completely. There is no one on the show this season that I remotely care about. The President? She can go fuck a rusty bayonet for all I care. I have no vested interest in her, her agenda or whether or not she has any success. Bitch has no backbone and looks like she needs hugs to get through the day. Where yo balls at bitch? Clit the fuck up if you aint got none. Previous Presidents like the love one, want to stab the other Palmers, or that giant mangina Logan - They at least forced you to hate them or love them. This bitch is like a sloppy blowjob from a half drunk girlfriend. I mean no blowjob is bad cuz my winky is in a warm hole. But really? Pass. I'll beat off. You're just frustrating me.

Who else is there? I mean at least with the former CTU directors, you could hate them for being strong but slightly clueless. This one? Fuck man, I'll never be able to watch Forrest Gump the same way again. Who else? Chloe? Her personality quirks and strangeness flanked by her brilliance has been done to death. Its not interesting anymore. The only thing I want from Renee is to get butt nekit. The only thing I want from Freddie P jr is to die in a fire. Had so much hope for that character.

So we're left with Jack. I never get tired of seeing him figure shit out, survive torture, yell at a victim for information or just plain hurt people with the abandon that only a man going to hell in a Christian universe could do. In the most heterosexual way possible - shit gets my dick hard man. But you can't build the entire show around one man and a million relationships that have all ended in those peoples deaths or betrayals or in Kim's case just being fucking boring.

13. daxby

daxby
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Oh, come on. Chloe is always a fun character, and who does not like Renee? Renee has already sawed some guys thumb off and made a Ginsu knife commercial out of the other.

Jack is solid, but I agree with you about the rest. The supporting cast is awful this year. But it is the last season, so oh well.

14. Virty

Virty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

God I finally watched this weeks episode. I thought it was freaking awesome.... until the end. Like seriously, I completely agree the mole is completely overplayed in this show.

Much less I was completely hoping to never see Dana again after that shit wrapped up. But no they take away the freaking hot arab daughter. Seriously that pisses me off way more than the mole. Whatever I'm watching it less for the story, more for the Jack kicking ass. If they can provide some of that occasionally I will watch.

15. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So this episode wasn't bad. Obviously a set up for the next one but the preview for next week looks promising. Best part for me was

When Hassan caps the special ops soldier

It was still formulaic for the 24 universe but nonetheless enjoyable.

Spaghetti Monster help me but from the preview

where Jack has that dirty horse face Dana in the interrogation room is enough to keep me watching till the last episode.

16. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Well that was a bit of a change of pace huh? Sure it was kind of predictable but near the end of the second episode it became very interesting.

17. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I enjoyed these two episodes. It's still the same formula as past seasons, but it really hasn't been that bad, maybe because I didn't have high expectations for the season to begin with.

It looks like Jack and Rene might end up fooling around next week. I was wondering if that would ever happen.

A question I have about this season: was the whole season filmed before it was decided that this would be the last season? I'm curious as to how that would affect the way they end it.

18. roy jones

roy jones
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Seriously.

"The garage has two exit points."--Jack Bauer

Let's pull all of our teams to the same location and just leave the garage free for anybody to enter and exit as they please. You all deserve to die.

Like the hooker in my closet did.

19. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's the last season, who cares. Let's just focus on Jack killing people.

20. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

They have certainly set it up for Jack to unleash all kinds of carnage on people. It's the simplest thing for simply to deliver that to us.