Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

24: Day 8

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kratos, Jan 18, 2010.

1. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Did Jack really take just a five inch knife in the gut and walk it off? What was the point of him even being stabbed if it didn't affect him? This show is still fun to watch but come on.

2. Muney

Muney
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Not only did he walk it off, he took it directly out of his gut and hurled it into a Ruskies neck. That was an awesome piece of Jack Bauer.

3. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

It was more of an inconvenience than a wound really.

The side story with the two guys stealing the money is really starting to piss me off though.

4. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I think it will catch up with him later at some either perfectly convenient or inconvenient time. You can never tell with 24 which it will be.

5. Timo

Timo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

We were well overdue for the impairment that Jack has to cope with throughout the season.

Last season there was the exposure to whatever the hell was in the cannisters
    Heroin addiction
    Radiation poisioning
    etc.

How much would you be willing to be that he was captured by the "wrong" Russians?

I'm also pretty sure "Jenny" is going to get her lying blond ass thrown in prison. FP Jr should thank his lucky stars that bitch is getting locked up before they can get married.

6. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks like the next episode or two will be the season's "Bauer needs to be captured by the enemy, tortured, and then escape" required episodes of the season. Just like the "Bauer needs to go rouge, get hunted by CTU, turn out to be correct, and then gets exonerated" required episodes of the season already happened earlier.

7. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alright, just what are you driving at mister? Are you trying to say that this show has become predictable and formulaic? I had trouble getting into the season to begin with, then it grabbed me, now I'm about ready to tune out again. One of the few things I like about this year is Renee. I like the arc of how she went from "innocent" FBI agent to broken soul and how Jack is the "protector". It's a nice dynamic. I have to agree with the side plots. That blond chick is just... stupid. What's up with that CTU director? Fuckin reminds me of Sasquatch they way he lumbers around.

8. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed that the hillbillies have got to go. Also I can't believe how ugly and unlikeable they've made Katee Sackhoff. She's awful and her acting is piss poor. In fact I dislike every single character in CTU this season except Chloe but only because her "sad turtle" face makes me laugh.

The President sucks, the Middle Eastern President sucks and so does their whole story line (where the fuck is he from anyways?). The only thing interesting is Jack Bauer, Renee, the Russian who killed his son, and the President's hot daughter.

9. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I too am pretty much starting to lose interest in the show. 24 was great when I first got into it a few years ago and it helped that I had older seasons on dvd so I didn't have to wait a week to see 58 minutes of nothing happening and two minutes of action. This season seems to be the worst of them all with the lack of anything at all happening. A few of my gripes are: 1. Who the fuck cares about that man-woman and her redneck ex; I hope they both get executed immediately for robbing that warehouse. 2. Who the fuck cares about the lame "political" side stories that they always have. Sure, it eventually ties in to Jack's story but I can go without fat-headed Taylor bitching for half of the show about how the guy from Slumdog Millionaire and his harsh ruling is going to ruin the peace talks. I don't think I've ever seen a show that goes to such lengths to make sure the main protagonist is given a little air time as possible.

I know I'm ranting and all of this bullshit has been in previous seasons, but holy fuck do they need to start showing more of Jack throwing butter knives into terrorists and chopping fuckers in half with an ax. When you don't watch the entire season within a few days, 24 definitely appears to be a show about nothing.

10. zwtipp05

zwtipp05
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

He's from Iran...err I mean Kamistan

11. Uno

Uno
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Did they ever explain why for some reason they decided to transfer Russian Uranium to Middle Eastern hands by way of fucking NYC?

12. Timo

Timo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I think the only 24 cliche we haven't breached yet is a rat inside of CTU. I'm sure they will cover it soon.

What I don't understand is why Jack went to all of the trouble of stealth killing the first guard in the dark, only to then a minute later shoot another through a kitchen door window, reveal his position and get hit in the arm by a shotgun blast.

For those of you keeping score at home, in the span of 2 hours Jack Bauer has been stabbed in the stomach and now taken buckshot into his right shoulder with really no apparent effects.

"You better put that down son, or you're gonna get hurt."

I love this show.

13. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lets not forget shocked, knife wound pressed, concussion from helicopter blowing up and being beaten. But we love the show because Jack is the muthafuckin man.

I kept laughing during the torture scene and thinking, "The Chinese had more than a year and this dude never spoke." Oh, yeah and he kicked heroin in a day. Bring it bitches.

14. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The whole time they kept showing that little dude that FPJr helped buckle his vest, I thought for sure he would be a mole. Why else would they bring him up randomly in the elevator or show him in the back of the helicopter? Put money on it.

It blows my mind how much Jack Bauer can take. He must be the son of Zeus himself.

I'm really hoping that they kill that Dana Walsh side plot off ASAP. It's really starting to drive me nuts. The ex is a douche, his friend is even more of a douche, and Dana is the biggest douche for letting it all happen. Give it 2 more episodes and that shit should be cut off.

If this follows the typical 24 formula, the fuel rods will only be half, if not less, of the season. Something bigger will play out, but what?

15. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Unfortunately it will be the redemption of the mid-east President methinks and whoever is pulling his brother's strings

16. fly1180

fly1180
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

You can't forget the Shadowy Conspiracy of Suited Men who Sit in Dark Rooms that was brought up last season, but has yet to be mentioned this season. And I'm sure Tony Almeida has something to do with all of this.

17. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I can only hope that it's because they'll quickly be fashioned into a bomb through movie magic and blown up in a populated area. 24 isn't 24 without millions of people seconds away from death.

What I want to know is why the hell the Russian crime boss was cooking dinner at 11 p.m?

18. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gangster time- rise late and sleep early.

Although I do find it odd given all of the 'that doesn't make sense' moments 24 provides this was the one that intrigued you.

19. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Well I was just trying to be funny.

20. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Characters that must die or be tortured by the end of this episode:

Hastings. Has to get it

The blond analyst chick with the fucked up side story. Gots ta go.

Also is it my imagination or is FB jrs character unbelievably weak.?