Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

24: Day 8

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kratos, Jan 18, 2010.

1. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kim is for the first time in a long time tolerable. Recall the season when her and her psychobabble boyfriend came to CTU, had their lives saved by Jack and then promptly shit on him? Elisha is nice to look at but fuck her character. The kid is also cute and the husband isn't a tool like EVERY one of her other boyfriends has been.

As for Freddy P, goddamn I like him way more thank Jack's partner/Kim's boyfriend Chase...crickets... You know - that fucker that got his hand lopped off? Guess Kim wasn't into stump love.

2. fly1180

fly1180
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Maybe I missed something, but didn't last season leave a whole bunch of unanswered questions? That dude Tony was hunting down/the conglomerate of devious men in suits who like to sit in the dark; what ever happened with that? Or are they assuming the average person who watches 24 doesn't have an attention span that goes back that far?

3. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would bet that will come up during this season, at least I would hope. They've done a good job with that before, primarly at the end of the season though. A couple of examples I can think of - that bitch Mandy (think that was her name) who poisoned Palmer through the handshake came back in a later season. Also, when Jack was captured by the Chinese a season after he killed the consul.

4. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And I would still love to know what happened to Charles Logan and Wayne Palmer.

But I like where this season is going so far.

5. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wayne Palmer went into a Coma - never heard from him again...

As far as Logan....
    I will be VERY Interested to see where they bring the Great Charles Logan back into things. Such a pussy, polarizing figure can really add to this cast. I liked him for that sole fact - my Relgious Beliefs on Facebook were "Charles Logan"

Ok, Ambien kicking in. Things are starting to be come really hard to type and make sense.

6. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After the shit show that was last season I'm pleasantly surprised so far by this season.

I can't stand Freddy Prinze in the show though. He's like Zoolander in that he faces the same stupid concentrating face in every scene regardless of the situation. Like he's a dog cocking his head trying to figure out what his master is telling him.

I like the fact that Bauer is being dragged into helping against his wishes. A completely cooperative Jack would have been a little unbelievable.

The side story with the ex-boyfriend and alias is already annoying. Plus they need to make Katee Sackhoff look hotter. She's very attractive but hardly sexier than Chloe the way she's made up.

After all the backlash of having Middle Eastern terrorists every year Fox finally went old school and made the Russians the enemy again. I love it.

7. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Finished watching all the episodes and am up to date. Totally hooked again. Love the thumb removal scene, and I love what they have done with the dynamic between Jack and Renee.

8. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Does anybody else hate Chloe? I don't understand why they've kept her on the show for so long. She always acts like she has a stick up her ass, and she's a terrible actor.

9. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have to agree with you here. Since the show's beginning she has irritated me. I tolerate her like a hemorrhoid. I know its there, it bothers me but fuck, its been a few years... I'm used to the damned thing. It only occasionally bleeds.

The only thing that makes her redeemable is that she's always got Jack's back. I appreciate the loyalty. On the other side of it, continuing with your stick comment her facial expression often appears to me as if she's trying to shit out said stick - as if constipation and its exploration is this actress' entire range.

10. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Couldn't stop laughing when I realized Lew Ashby from Californication was Vladimir.

11. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm just excited for this:

Renee towel scene. She really needs to do Maxim, FHM, or Playboy.

12. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I truly hate the 24 sideplots.

Right, CTU is going to allow her access security for a building that has nothing to do with their current objectives, create security key cards, and take them out to the Dbag waiting in the parking lot in the creeper van. Totally believable.....

13. Robbie Clark

Robbie Clark
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Clearly in the 24 universe the US is a total police state. They're flying surveillance drones over NYC all day everyday. I think that's believable in the context of the show.

14. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You've got to remember that two seasons ago under Wayne Palmer terrorists were detonating explosives on passenger buses in a bunch of cities in this universe. I'm with you on the whole access thing. She is only a security analyst as well. But she did mention this warehouse was an evidence warehouse. Its mildly plausible that she'd need access to this place.

15. Timo

Timo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I just went back through the episode. Apparently the sex between Renee and Vlad only took 2 minutes. It might just be the most realistic thing ever on the show. I'd like to drop some knowledge on that ho!

16. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

That's about as long as it took Charles Logan to bang out his wife for the last time a few seasons ago

17. struwwelpeter

struwwelpeter
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Martha was a bit older than Renee, and older women have skills. Most could only hope to last two minutes.

18. Gramercy

Gramercy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

With all these dead bodies piling up, isn't anyone going to notice and alert the authorities? Dead people on the roof, dead people in the hospital, etc. Does this ever get addressed in 24 or are all other people on the planet asleep for the entire day?

19. zwtipp05

zwtipp05
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Well, the nurse and the dead doctor probably wont be found until the morning and I'd assume CTU cleaned up the roof after Jack left.

But for the most part, I just kind of suspend disbelief and enjoy the show. It's 24, where a heroin addicted man with personal demons runs a government facility and then quits cold turkey while saving the day plus he can get anywhere in LA/NY/DC in 5 minutes no matter the distance time of day, its not something I'd take too seriously in the first place, its fun.

20. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Okay

1. Renee is crazy for real and not for play.
    2. WTF kind of bumble bum fuck idiots did "Jenny" get herself involved with? I mean come on - You're going to go rob a police warehouse, with fucking cameras, that's movin' pictures for you slow ass shit flingers. No gloves? No masks? You hang around and then make a mess, touching shit with your again ungloved knuckle dragging meat hooks? ForFucksSake man.
    3. Bubba is starting to rub me the wrong way. I'm all for affirmative action but come on m'ane, can we get a CTU director with some muh-fukin actin' chops?

We haven't had one since this guy:

[​IMG]

Except for Jack they're all starting to be caricatures lacking any real depth and its making my Action/Adventure lovin penis soft. That and the level of convenience with the plot. Come on man. Come the fuck on.

Saving grace was perhaps the ending of the episode. With all of my bitching, I'm probably going to watch the next episode and hope that it gets better.