Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2022 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Evolution, Sep 7, 2022.

1. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Of all of the fucks in the NFL this year, Lions coach Dan Campbell has given none of them."
    God, what a vibe. I mean it is the Lions, led by Jared fucking Goff....but I gotta admit it's been fun to watch the past few weeks, and only getting funner. It's like the Bengals, but the Special Olympics version.

So....is Brady done, or traded or what? In watching that game, it was kind of absurd how he was hitting his receivers, and they just could not complete the catch. Mike Evans had one hit him in the hand in the end zone, and dropped it. Like...I get it, awkward to catch one-handed but....fuck.

Also, am I the only one rolling their eyes at the trend of "superstar QB having a shit year, then making a surprise announcement about some secret injury no one knew they had, so they can blame all the suck on that." Rodgers' ribs? Wilson's elbow? Brady's hand? FOH.

2. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Brady has to be absolutely stewing about this season. The team looks like trash, the coaching is awful, he's in the worst division in football and yet he's still only a game ahead of the Panthers who have started Mayfield, Darnold and PJ Walker this season, thanks to losing to those very Panthers after scoring only a field goal.

Wilson's elbow was the egregious one this year. I hadn't heard about Brady's hand, the only thing I can find was from yesterday's game, where I saw the play and it looked like a legit issue to me.

3. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If they could just make it to playoffs, it'd be an entirely different story, but...this team doesn't have the ability to beat an abysmal NFC South, much less build a head of steam for playoffs. If they won out at this point, I don't think it'd make a difference in them being a playoff bust. If they lose like this again, I look for Brady to get "hurt" with a nagging injury that he refuses to play through and just waits until he picks another team for a ring run....making this prickly bitch the real Sonic Hedgehog.

#83 downndirty, Dec 12, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
  4. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Brady reportedly forced out Arians, so the coaching situation is on him.

5. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have to imagine Arians is sitting on his couch with a beer giggling quietly to himself during every Tampa Bay game.

6. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

7. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

8. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The whole play was bizarre. I'm not sure if Patricia called for the lateral, and if so, he was stupid and deserves to be fired just like he has deserved to be fired nearly every week of the season. If Stevenson was ad-libbing on the lateral, then he's largely to blame, because once you start that you know it's going to turn into a circus. He chucked the ball a couple feet backwards with multiple defenders around, what was Jakobi supposed to do with it?

Obviously Jakobi's brain melted and he had the spectacular, Butt Fumble-esque blooper play. Shouldn't have thrown it, and shouldn't have thrown it to Jones of all people anyway, and that play will haunt him for the rest of his career... but that play was bad before he laid a hand on the ball.

Guys like the one linked in the Twitter video are just sad, pitiful people though. What is it about watching millionaires throw a ball around that ruins your life?

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Josh McDaniel probably hasn't stopped laughing.

10. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In my twenties I was kind of like that guy. I would scream like an idiot when a team I pulled for lost. At some point I realized how damn stupid it was to get upset over the results of a sports contest.

I have a cousin that is 50 years old and still comes unglued like the guy in the video. Some people never grow up.

11. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can only imagine how crazy it would have been to see happen love in person. This is the only time I’ve ever been jealous of a Raiders fan.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Made it to the finals of my guillotine league again. In one Flex spot, I need to decide among:
    Joe Mixon
    Jerick McKinnon
    Christian Kirk

Sleeper has Mixon projected as the highest. Not sure about him against Buffalo D. Anybody have advice?

13. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

McKinnon has been trending really well.

I'd pass on Mixon against that D.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah. McKinnon put up over 20 pts against Denver just 3 weeks ago. I don't know if that's a good indicator, or if their D will be keying on him this time. I also have Mahomes as my QB, and I'm always a little nervous about doubling up on the same team. Just in case KC has an off day.

15. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

KC is playing for the #1 seed, Denver just fired it's coach and isn't playing for anything at all. Their defense is stout though. From ESPN: "Jerick McKinnon has caught a touchdown pass in four straight games (including a pair against these Broncos), but his touch count declined from 18 in Week 15 to eight last week against the Seahawks." I'd say he's going to slow down. I'd be leery of Mahomes getting benched, and if possible lean towards a QB on a bubble team. I have Herbert, and I'd be looking for a QB like Goff, Lawrence, Geno Smith (!) to have a monster day for a "win and in" scenario....that would be Kirk.

Cincy and Buffalo are both playing for #1 seed, and there's no risk of Mixon being pulled early. Mixon as a receiver is meh at best, last few games have had him with 4-7 catches, and he hasn't broken 100 yards rushing in over a month. He's on a touchdown drought that statistically has to end soon. However, I'd just envision this game being a shoot out and Mixon won't factor heavily into that with the Bengals WR/TE set all being healthy. At best, Mixon is a check-down option, good for 11 points or so.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thanks for the input! I can't pick up any new players - our rosters locked 2 weeks ago. But, my backup QB is Geno. I'm not sure I'm gutsy enough to bench Mahomes in favor of him, though.

17. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, he's been top 5, and has something to play for. And....he can break a few of Wilson's records, if he can ball out for 2 games.

I think Mahomes puts up 4 tds, and sits down. If that takes 1 quarter or 4....

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I put McKinnon in over Mixon . . .
    And then changed it back at 5 minutes to 1 pm. I may regret that, based McKinnon's day so far. Dangit.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ugh. I need to beat the other guy by 13 pts to win (it's a 3 week total, and I'm behind by 12). I'm currently projected to win by 17. If I'd have played McKinnon, it'd be 24 pts and just about locked up.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Holy crap. Good luck to Damar Hamlin.