Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2022 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Evolution, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Right, sorry - brain fart. Still, one year removed from back-to-back MVPs.

I agree with the rest of this but the report suggests GB is/was looking for a 1st and a 2nd with conditions. Which doesn't seem nuts for a team that thinks they're a QB away from a deep playoff run. I fully acknowledge Rodgers' insanity and locker room toxicity, I just think GMs have spent more on worse assets, and I have to wonder if GB would have gotten what they're looking for if they had moved faster.

On the other hand, who knows? Earlier in free agency it looked like Rodgers was demanding that the Jets trade for certain receivers and he's been such a complete dipshit for the last few years that it's equally possible every GM decided he wasn't worth the hassle.

2. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rodgers thinks this is a Brady to TB situation, and the rest of the league thinks this is a diva/Russell Wilson to the Broncos situation. The big-name QB moves over the past few years have been awful for the receiving team (Cleveland and Denver come to mind). Rodgers also painted himself into a corner with the last extension. He's got too much money on his contract for it to be easily moved, and there's an emerging difference between a homegrown $50m/year qb (Mahomes, Burrow, Hurts) and someone you're bringing in at that price point.

I think the Jets are pretty cozy in saying "hey, y'all fucked up and mistreated this dude who you also had on a fucking massive contract. We'll take him off your hands, but not at his full salary, y'all gonna eat some of that, and not for first round picks this year, knowing full well he's gone in no more than 2 years." The longer they wait to do a deal, the more it favors the Jets, and after the draft when GB finds out how many teams were planning to draft a qb instead of snag one, the price the Jets will pay plummets.

I wish he would go somewhere like SF and become an instant juggernaut, but it's never going to happen.

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

It's no secret he has been toxic both on and off the field for the last couple of years. I mean the guy is a dickhead with an ego bigger than the big 3 DND mentioned above combined. When the locker room shit he creates boils over on to the field the team is going to suffer with losses and couple that with a front office that has just fucked up again and again, shit is going to fall apart and that may have to happen before GB recovers from the Rodgers era. Either way, dickhead or not, he is still an exceptional QB that is exciting to watch but only when everyone is clicking (there wasn't much of that last season).

They're always SO much more likeable when they're still green.

As for being a fan and being butthurt, well fuck yeah but I'd rather he move on if that means the team can come back better. Personally, I don't think there's any way he stays in GB, period. And he should go to SF. Can you imagine?

4. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would pay to sit and watch the meeting between Rodgers and SF:
    "So, you wanna break bread, break beds or make babies?"
    "Do what now?"

I think he has more than enough reason to be sick of GB's bullshit, and can reflect on a HOF career that was arguably squandered in terms of rings, dynasty, etc. However, choosing to play for the Jets should tell you everything you need to know about his football instincts.

5. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jets get it done, but gave up a ton of draft capital to get it done. Crazy for a guy who will probably only play for two more years at best.

Edit: They are actually swapping first round picks this year, so it's not as bad a deal as I thought it was.

#185 SouthernIdiot, Apr 24, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I can't wait until the NY media gets ahold of him. @shegirl get in here! Bad man gone!!!

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This trade seems... okay. This year's swap is only a couple spots' movement. It's highly likely the Packers get a 1st next year. So basically a 1st + 2nd + some spare change.

I think the Packers should be very happy. The Jets had a hell of a team last year and they get the best QB in their franchise's history - I'm a little surprised there was no condition for a retirement in 2024, but they needed to make something happen after they stumbled into a team that won 7 games with a quarterback situation that should have gone winless. There are worse things than a mild over-pay for a real shot at a deep playoff run.

8. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It seems like a good trade for the Jets, except-

This is a team that has been dysfunctional, if not a laughingstock, for decades. They are just getting back to respectability and now they bring in a (admittedly talented) three ring nutjob circus to top it off. He will be shredded, and the Jets with him, in this media market as soon he has a subpar game or let’s loose with his insanity about chemtrails, COVID, UFOs, the Hat Man etc.

He’s also a 9/11 skeptic/conspiracy theorist. How do you think that shit will play in New York?

9. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

He is going to get hurt. Sure GB's o-line isn't the best (for years now) it is still better than one that allowed QB after QB get hit and so bad they had to leave the game, in one season. If that happens, with no retirement condition as Binary mentioned, this won't last a season, he'll walk. Why wouldn't he now?

But, man it's still going to suck so see him in any other uniform let alone that one...the same one as you know who. I found out about this last night. I have had perhaps the most stressful 2 weeks of my life that all came to a head yesterday. Then I get home from the office after leaving early, and find out about it. Max limit reached..

10. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He also brings his vast knowledge of homeopathy and Ivermectin. Water has memory damn it!

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I cannot wait until he inevitably becomes unhappy there and lets loose with this shit. Honeymoon phase started early, so he should be in off-season form by mid-season. I've been hard since the trade. Should probably see a doctor about that.

In related news, it'll be nice to be able to pull for green bay again. Except for when they play the Cowboys. I like Jordan Love.

12. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anthony Richardson got drafted in the top 5.

He should send a personal thank-you note to Josh Allen.

13. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The NFL never learns. See Trey Lance and Zach Wilson.

14. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Eagles draft strategy: Draft all the defensive players from the Georgia Bulldogs.

15. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2 days into training camp and Jalen Ramsey is lost for most of the season. The Dolphins luck regarding secondary injuries from last year continues. Goddamn it.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Fraudgers reworks his salary in order to save the Jets money fuck with the packers

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

BELICHICK GETTING CANNED AFTER THIS SEASON EVERYONE GET IN HERE