Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2021 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Rush-O-Matic, May 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

sports cars are nice but if you can't drive them what's the point?

You have a dink and dunk QB with a WR who really shines when you give him a few seconds. Now if you get a different QB....

2. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This off-season has been nuts.

I still think these trades for Adams and Hill are extreme over-pays. It's one thing to trade high draft capital for a WR on some kind of reasonable contract. I just don't get the trades where you give up multiple high picks, and then turn right around and completely reset the market on the contract.

3. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Oline was the worst in the NFL last year. Tua didn't throw downfield because he didn't have the time. They have taken steps in personnel and coaching to shore it up, so we'll see what Tua can do if he's given time hopefully.

4. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think we're seeing a decline in value for the draft capital, and at the end of the day, offense puts asses in seats. The teams that have won SB's recently bet the farm to win now, and I think the lower value of a first round pick means that teams will trade them more freely in the future, so there's a decent chance Miami will get one back in a future trade.

I have a sneaky hypothesis that the quality of athletes going into pro football may start to decline (if it hasn't already), because fewer kids play and those that do are consolidating into a few places. College athletes may be juicing to make up for some of it. How else can you explain a 341 lb. man running a 40 yard dash in 4.78 seconds? There are Buicks that don't accelerate that fast. However, a college kid doing that is more injury prone, and has a shorter tenure...not to mention the risk of them getting caught. A proven commodity like Hill makes sense to invest in.

Also, there's a shortage of available QB's, and Tua will be with a new coach. It makes sense to lavish him with toys, because he is impossible to replace. He's mediocre, but the alternative right now is Baker Mayfield, and there's always a concern of him sitting out, making a stink, or worst case scenario, pulling an Andrew Luck.

I look for Hill and Adam's fantasy value to plummet as they aren't with two hall of fame calibre qb's, and KC to make this deal as often as possible given their QB's enormous contract.

Also, what the fuck is Atlanta doing? Are they trying to win the "fuck all y'all" competition, wresting it away from Houston?

5. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well like I said, I don't have any problem with trading draft capital for known assets. But trading away that much capital and then also cash-strapping yourself by paying 28 and 29-year old WRs $30m/year, sure puts a lot of pressure on the team to draft well. Yes, teams are selling out to win during their windows, which they should, but you simply can't populate an entire team with free agency. You need highly contributing players on cost-controlled rookie contract.

Also, most of the win-now trades were for players in the middle of their contracts, not players who they immediately had to sign to brand-new, market-setting deals. The Rams paid Stafford $20m last year. They are regularly trading picks for players who are in the middle of their contracts. Picks have value, and these Hill and Adams trades are saying that they're actually worth even more than $30m/year. Are they really?

Also in your daily hilarity, another grand jury is considering charging Watson. It would be fucking amazing if the Browns did all of that, including alienating their quarterback, only to not see a snap out of Watson this season.

6. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think they're already planning on not seeing much, if any of Watson this year regardless of the 2nd grand jury based on the fact that they structured his base salary at only $1m to minimize his losses this year whether it's from actually being charged with a crime or Goodell suspending him for "conduct detrimental to the league".

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They're definitely planning on him being suspended, but I'd say there's a world of difference between seeing him suspended for 4-6 games for "conduct detrimental" or whatever, and not stepping foot on the field for 20% of his 5 year, fully-guaranteed contract.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I think it would be hilarious if the NFL said "oh, you're trying to side-step the suspension with the first year of your contract? Well we're gonna suspend you for the SECOND year then!"

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Dwayne Haskins is dead. 24, got hit by a car.

10. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will never not be amazed at how casually we shrug off how dangerous cars are.

11. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He was trying to cross west bound lanes on interstate 595 and got hit by a dump truck. Was he drunk or something?

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

oh shit that’s a “red mist” type of situation

13. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Packer's are just trolling Aaron Rodger's now, right?

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

they haven't picked a QB yet. They'll go full troll when they do.

16. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The 2022 schedule is out. The Dolphins first 4 games are brutal. Pats, Ravens, Bills, Bengals. They are going to play The Packers on Christmas.

17. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

18. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

0.24 at 6 am. Assuming the dude quit drinking at some point prior, I cannot imagine what it was at the peak.

sadly people still get killed thinking they can cross the highway, though I imagine that didn’t help his judgment. Doesn’t make it any less sad that he died, but damn dude… one drug at a time man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.