Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2021 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Rush-O-Matic, May 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was having a shitty night.

Anyway, my current opinion is that Brady didn’t want to retire after last season. Not only that, I don’t think there was a point where he was actually going to retire.
    So why announce it? I don’t know, I’m not Tom Brady. Maybe he wanted to see a bounce in sales of Brady Brand gear. Maybe he wanted to see if any offers came from other teams anyway, and then go to the Bucs and muscle his way out fully. Hell, maybe he just wanted to touch his dick while he reposted all the tributes to him on instagram.

It’s just an opinion, on something unimportant in the long run. And this is where I post that shit.

But that’s why when he announced his faux retirement, I noticed that he made sure to not say anything that would imply that he couldn’t keep doing it. It didn’t seem like he was closing the door at all.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know about politics and have no idea if he's interested. But, he's already putting energy into his main business venture. (https://tb12sports.com) He'll write another book, he'll expand the "coach" locations, expand the foundation, continue his podcast, etc. He can put as much or as little competitive energy as he wants into that, and like all top athletes, will want to not only succeed, but also crush the competition.

3. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Brady just wanted to see how much some sucker would pay for his "last" TD ball. You know, for grins.

In other news, the Steelers have signed Trubisky.

4. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know what the fuck the Jaguars are doing. I know they suck and need to throw a little money around to get free agents interested (hello, I'm a Bills fan, that was basically the last 15 years of my life up, post-Kelly and pre-Allen), but they seriously just paid Christian Kirk $20m/year, and Zay Jones $10m/year.

That's $30m/year to a pair of receivers whose combined average is 1k/season since they joined the league. I just don't understand.

5. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How else do you get people to play for the Jaguars? Their winning tradition? The incredible life offered in Jacksonville? The stellar coaches and supportive owners? The qb who thought Pantene Pro V is a formation?

6. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, like I said, I know mild overpays are required for bottom-dwelling teams. But the Jags have a new coach, a QB who was the highest rated prospect since Luck, warm weather and no income tax.

Christian Kirk just had the best year of his career with 982 yards, a 40% jump over his next-best year, and they're paying him like a top-3 WR. Who were they bidding against?

Zay Jones can't catch a fucking cold. His best year was being the #1 WR on Buffalo competing for targets with Robert Foster (unemployed) and Kelvin Benjamin (unemployed), and he had like 600 yards and a nervous breakdown from smoking some designer weed substitute.

Makes no sense, even accounting for the Shit Team Tax. Good for Jones and Kirk for straight-up ripping off the Jags. They must have good agents.

7. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's almost like Trent Baalke is a terrible GM.

8. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Clearly. I just usually expect terrible GMs to make bad decisions on incredibly subjective topics, like drafting. Or deciding to hire a total shitbag as your head coach.

This is as if he walked into the cereal aisle, looked at the boxes all priced from $2-$6, then pointed at one unlabeled box, and said, "that one, right there. I bet that's a $14 box of cereal."

9. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How pissed is Aaron Rodgers right now?

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pack also traded Equinameous St. Brown to the Bears, and restructured Randall Cobb's contract, lowering his salary from $7m to $2m, which means....yeah, he might get cut. .

I think this gives Rodgers his wish of having a #1 draft pick to throw to and gets them under the cap. I think part of Rodger's return was some say over personnel, with the understanding that the Adams trade was kind of in the works already.

12. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Looks like the Browns just traded for Watson and gave him a fully-fucking-guaranteed 5 year, $230 million contract.

Fucking ludicrous. Fully guaranteed $46 million/year for a guy who hasn't played football for 2 seasons, will probably miss at 4-6 games this year on suspension, and has 20+ rape/sexual misconduct allegations against him.

I don't really wish ill on the Browns as a franchise, but I hope this blows up in their faces.

13. Raskolnikov

Raskolnikov
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I don't think he is going to be suspended at all. The grand jury failed to indict so I think he is good to go. and this is the NFL, as long as you aren't in jail, you will be paid. Just ask Ray Lewis

14. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Goodell has made it clear that he doesn't give a shit what the legal system says, so it's just going to depend on how he's feeling that day.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

zeke was suspended 6 games over one allegation that was later retracted

16. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Browns traded 3 1st round picks (2022-2024), a 3rd round pick (2023), and a 4th round pick (2024) for Watson and a 5th round pick (2024).

17. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’m no baseball surgeon but that seems like an insane giveaway of draft picks.

18. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Browns deserve what happen to them as a franchise at this point.

Mayfield wasn't a great QB, but he got them to the playoffs and deserved better treatment from the organization than that.

Watson is a pretty damned good QB, but he um...well, see, he kind of has some baggage. And after not suiting up for 2 years...this has "tank the franchise again" written all over it.

They could have gotten Matt Ryan for probably much less, left much of the roster intact for a run and basically did a remix of what the Rams/Bengals did to get to the SB.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

tyreek hill to the dolphins for 5 draft picks

20. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like this was way too much for a WR. He's great and all but damn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.