Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2021 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Rush-O-Matic, May 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Rams managed to pull it out, but holy hell did they try to give it away. It should have been a blowout.

2. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No way the Superbowl tops the Bills-Chiefs game.

3. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Josh Allen this postseason: 48/62 705 yds 9 TD 0 INT

...and a second round exit.

#283 Aetius, Jan 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  4. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was the most amazing playoff game. No picks, no fumbles, few mistakes or miscues, minimal penalties, not many missed calls...this was high quality football, and the only shitty part was that the Bills didn't get a chance to score themselves.

I can't imagine seeing a higher level of play.

So, Rams/Chiefs for SB?

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

what happened to the Bills in OT, happened to the chiefs a few years back. Hopefully this will spur the nfl to actually fix it now.

I’m pulling for the bengals just as the underdog, and also mahomes’s wife and brother are insufferable. Rams would for sure be more entertaining than the 49ers, though watching deebo play is always a treat, even if it is against your favorite team (rip cowboys).

6. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was a crushing game as a Bills fan. I have no explanation for why they didn't squib kick it after the last second TD. What an unforgivably stupid coaching decision, and almost certainly cost them the game.

But: Josh Allen is a fucking legend and this playoff run showed that it's no fluke, no one year of inexplicable greatness. Bills have their franchise QB for years to come.

7. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They should have tackled every one of the wideouts at the line of scrimmage, take the 5 yard penalty and just burn the clock.

8. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would be heartbroken as well, but seriously...that was the best playoff game in recent memory. No turnovers, no stupid penalties, no single player or key injury set up this outcome...like, honestly, what could Buffalo have done differently? The biggest thing is just the dumb fucking luck of the OT coin toss that meant Allen never got the ball back. I don't recall seeing any major missed opportunities.

Also, holy shit Davis setting a playoff record with 4 TD's...not Diggs, Beasley, Singletary or any of the players on the roster that most of us could name. Nope. He did this with a no-namer that would otherwise be a footnote on their season.

I feel confident that neither conference championship nor the Super Bowl will be as good as that game.

The only thing I can point to is how Buffalo's regular season record with playoff teams wasn't very strong. Every win was by double digits, and every loss was narrow. Even that isn't a strong indication, as they beat the Chiefs in the regular season and dick-slapped the Pats.

I don't even think Bufflo was outplayed or outcoached. It was just shitty luck in OT.

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was a spectacular game. My frustration was how they treated the last few seconds of regulation. More than one bad decision was made to give up that last second FG. You don't trust your coverage team on a squib kick? You're going to play your WRs 20 yards off the line of scrimmage but then decide to send an extra pressure guy with 8 seconds on the clock? Just seemed like a coaching meltdown.

Agreed about shitty luck OT. The NFL needs to prevent OT from coming down to a coin flip, and that's not just this game.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Saw this note today. The Chiefs had 13 seconds and executed a drive to set up a winning game-tying field goal. That is one second less time that Dak Prescott's game ending run took. lol

11. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They also had two timeouts. That was the key difference.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, yes, it wasn't apples and apples for sure. It was just another funny way to throw shade at the Cowboys botching the end.

I would argue that there were several other key differences: Mahomes is better than Dak, Dak doesn't have Tyreek & Kelce, and Reid is better at preparing his team than McCarthy.

13. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Hill and Kelce are amazing, but Dak has solid weapons. McCarthy might be the issue there....

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

fixed that for you

15. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

16. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I don't even have words for what I watched this weekend. Home field didn't mean shit. Regular season records didn't mean shit. What did mean shit was if you had a good motherfucking kicker, to get you far enough so that an OT coin toss even mattered. The Niners didn't beat us, we beat ourselves and played like a fucking JV team with a new coaching staff and NO special teams coach. I mean Jesus Christ WTF was that? I just can't. Moving on. Thankfully I had yesterday off thanks to an HVAC appointment at the house, little did I know I'd also need it for mourning.

That last game was perhaps the best NFL game I've seen in a long time, and so many factors made it that. I'm pulling for Burrow and the Bengals.

17. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Have you considered the alternative explanation that Aaron Rodgers is not Tom Brady?

18. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Do not kick a girl when she's down. I don't care how long we've been posting together.

I had a dream about 2 weeks ago, I was in this bungalow type of house, doors open, breeze blowing, beautifully decorated yet simple. I was hanging out with TB and his supermodel wife. We were having such a nice time just chilling. I remember thinking the entire time (in the dream) what a nice fucking guy he was and that made me hate to like him even more.

I think we are in for a very interesting off season to say the least.

19. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sean Payton is leaving the Saints. If I was an owner looking for a coach I'd throw a boatload of money at him.

20. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

you mean like jerry Jones?

i just read that Aaron Rodgers looks like he steals catalytic converters and now I can’t unsee it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.