Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2021 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Rush-O-Matic, May 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I figured we needed this thread with the recent draft. And,

TEBOOOOOOOOOW

signed with the Jaguars as a tight end.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. Chase!

Chase!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Barring any major injuries, San Francisco wins the NFC West.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Excited for Dallas. I think the Tebow thing is all about press. Is this the longest a player has gone between stints in the nfl if he makes the active roster?

6. Chase!

Chase!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I agree that the Tebow thing is a stunt but to what end? Is the NFL trying to lure back all the conservatives who quit watching because of Kaepernick?

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

they’re just trying to get their fan base even more pumped I think. Take some of the media pressure off Lawrence. Real question is which team will make a play for minshew?

8. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm guessing he's signed for close to vet minimum with few guarantees outside of per-game checks and roster bonuses.

That means the Jags can pull a few additional eyeballs above and beyond the Trevor Lawrence show. You know people will tune in just to see what he looks like in another position and if it's a disaster. And if his money really is in per-game checks and roster bonuses, they can cut him at any time with no commitments.

Tebow does ads for fundamentalist Christian organizations who support shit like gay transition therapy so he can fuck right off in my book.

9. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s amazing that someone who has accomplished nothing is still hanging around this league while other players with actual talent can’t buy a job.

If he wasn’t St. Tim he would have been gone years ago.

10. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tebow is big in Florida, ticket sales and distraction, that’s all it is.

11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Schedules released . . .
    No Monday night double header week 1. Boo.

12. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Blake Bortles? WTF is even happening right now? I have no idea what to think. My gut is telling me Rodgers won't show up at camp (no brainer at this point), my fear is telling me he is done with the Packers, period. We are fucked.

#12 shegirl, May 13, 2021
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
  13. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like the Packers, I don't exactly wish you ill, but I am going to die laughing if the reigning MVP is sitting on his couch while Blake Fucking Bortles is starting for the Packers.

If the Packers seriously let Rodgers hold out instead of just trading him, I think they're idiots. This is their quarterback - if they can win without him, they should take the picks. If they can't win without him, they're screwed and Rodgers has them over a barrel. Unless what he wants can be solved relatively easily, his value is going to be immense after last season. Certainly higher than it has any right to be given his age. Some team with a win-now roster will cough up picks so they become an immediate Super Bowl contender.

14. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sounds like Love wasn't worth the high draft pick. Oooops.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

i feel bad for the fans. This reminds me, negatively, of what kawhi did to the Spurs. Like dude, just come out and say something. Go on record. Him allowing all these people to speak for him and not correcting it if it’s wrong, or affirming it if it’s right, is speaking volumes as is. But this sport is entertainment, and this whole situation isn’t entertaining. It’s pissing people off, most of all the fans.

also Zach Wilson and mac Jones have very punchable faces. Especially Mac Jones. And rodgers

16. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I feel like if he does stay (highly unlikely IMO) the environment will be toxic and ruin the season anyway. I am fucking pissed it has gotten to this point. It feels way different that when Favre left. I blame the front office, mainly the GM. Why in the fuck did they let Rodgers basically hand pick the coach a year and a half ago, yet not give him a heads up that the plan was to draft a FUCKING QB last year? I don't get it.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

because they’re fucking idiots. The 49ers are in a great spot right now just because they gave ole broken down jimmy a heads up. Now they can let him be the mentor and take it slow, or jump on a great offer if one comes in. All they had to do was let him know their plan.

That’s all GB had to do as well. Rodgers is a professional, who’s making a shitload of money. He could have handled it if they said hey, this guy just fell to us and we’re gonna jump on it because we have him ranked really high, but no worries you’re still the starter. Instead, they fucked it up, he felt played, and now his petty ass ruined draft day for all the incoming players just to spit in the face of the FO.

both Rodgers and the packers FO is wrong here. The management is more wrong though. All it took was a fucking phone call. If I was a fan, this would be enough to make me change teams, at least until a new front office came in.

18. Chase!

Chase!
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Speaking as a Niners fan, I would have loved for us to have traded for him.

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

That would take forever because of how org is set up, being publicly owned and such. I would never switch teams, ever. I would like to run Gutekunst over with my car though.

I also blame Tom Brady, because he ruined our run last year and because....Tom Brady. I hate you with a fiery passion.

I'm leaving in an hour to get my first Pfizer shot. I will go directly home and drink away my misery. I am beside myself.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fitzmagic is gold.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.