Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2020 NFL SEASON

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Sep 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Doug Pederson needs to retire. He will never top purposely tanking a nationally televised game just to stick a dick in the ear of a hated division rival and gain a few draft spots. The best part was the post game press conference smirk he gave when he talked about trying to win with his third string QB.

If I were a Giants fan, I'd drive to Philadelphia and burn down the stadium.

2. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean, the Giants won 6 games this year. I don't think they have anyone but themselves to blame.

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Looking forward to some good games this weekend. I have all the things I can crossed for the first one.

I love this time of year and hate it. The end is near.

4. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Tom Motherfucking Brady. Just go away. Fuck man.

6. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I knew it. I knew when they beat the Saints (God damn you Drew Brees!!) they'd roll right over GB and that they did for a variety of reason.

People will say well the refs missed this and that when the real bottom line is the Packers just got beat. You don't get to go to the big one playing like that. Especially not going for it on 4th and goal from the 8. W.T.F. Nothing to lose at that point. Did they not see how much was left on the clock?! God dammit I am so pissed.

In the end, I don't think I have ever cussed so much in my life. The SO went outside when the game was over.

Can the KC beat them? I certainly fucking hope so, if not the whole thing is rigged (jk)! Fucking Brady, you cocksucker, in the Superbowl, again. TAMPA IN TAMPA no less. Fuck us all.

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm still a little drunk. The AFC Championship Game is next weekend, right?

8. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Brady has been in 18% of ALL Super Bowls. He has a higher chance of appearing in the SB than Steph Curry has of hitting a 3, or Shaq's free throw percentage. He's played damned near 3 seasons of JUST FUCKING PLAYOFF GAMES.

I'm going to stop watching football before he retires, out of sheer boredom with seeing him.

9. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it's plain old incompetence.

The team gave total control to a coach who imploded it. The team owner thought their chaplain was the best person to take business advice from, and Easterby is, from all accounts, a total snake. Then they decided to promise that their (top-5?) franchise quarterback could be involved in the GM hiring process, and promptly hire someone while Watson was out of town.

The moronic decision making that led up to this point doesn't point towards a Machiavellian scheme to tank. It's just bad decision-makers, making more bad decisions. What do you want to bet Easterby had significant input into the hiring process and one of his first questions was, "so what's your relationship with Jesus like?"

12. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Rams trade Goff, a 3rd round pick this year, and 1st round picks in 2022 & 2023 for Stafford. They apparently hate draft picks.

13. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

14. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If the Niners somehow end up with Watson, I'm going to disrobe, run a hot bath, then open both veins.

Fuck this fucking prison riot of a division. Brady gets 20 years of divisional headassery, and Wilson gets to play against this horseshit.

FUCK

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is really amazing. It's pretty unbelievable that Goff is going to end up having cost the Rams 4 first round picks, 2 second round picks, and 3 third round picks, plus whatever money they paid him, only to end up in a salary cap dump trade. I wonder if they really like that backup who came in and played okay?

16. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not sure which backup/team you're referring to here, the Lions? Everyone is saying that dumping Goff's salary cost them an extra 1st round pick which makes sense. I think Stafford is a big upgrade over Goff but I think the lack of draft picks is going to hurt them in the end.

17. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, I mean the Rams backup who played when Goff was hurt. I'm just wondering if they like him enough that they think he can be their guy whenever Stafford stops being effective.

18. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Stafford is only 32 years old. Barring injury, he should be effective for at least 4-5 more years I would think.

19. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Stafford is an upgrade, and the Rams are under pressure to stay competitive. They could always trade some folks and get that draft capital back (Ramsey seems a likely choice next year), and you could get a king's ransom for Donald, and they might have to rather than pay him twice.

I kind of like this move: the Rams have a solid backup, now a legit threat at QB, and they lost some draft pics to offset the terrible contract Goff never played up to. Stafford gets a decent shot with a contender, the first legit set of receivers since Megatron retired, and his career finishes with an organization that is more competitive. Lions load up for a rebuild that Stafford wasn't going to be happy with anyway, and an average QB that will see them through a transition without threatening to retire.

If that's what Stafford got, Watson is going to go for FUCK ton of draft pics, realistically limiting it to the Jets or some franchise known for making foolish decisions with #1 pics (Raiders?).

20. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I'm the Texans, the minimum is three 1st round picks. However, it's going to be tricky as Watson has a no trade clause so they have to get him to approve said trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.