Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2020 NFL Offseason

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Jimmy James, Mar 16, 2020.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

100%
    I really don't get it. Did no one see all of the missed catches? Does Rodgers have COVID? We need receivers and ends not a back up QB that very likely won't even be seen for 4-5 years.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

maybe Rodgers is really a bitch behinds the scenes and not just to the public and they wanna move on and sell high?

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

AHHHHHHAAAAAHHAAAA. You're so funny.
    I wonder how many players are bitches. Probably more than one.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Is there any world in which rodgers isn't absolutely furious today? My jaw was on the floor when that happened. It's like they were trying to re-create the magic of the Favre/Rodgers drafting, except absolutely nothing else is the same other than them having a great QB and drafting another one late in the 1st round.

Rodgers was, arguably, going to be the #1 pick that year and Favre was pushing the end. Love is going to be very good, but he isn't near where Rodgers was. Also, Rodgers has a very large contract with several years remaining. They could have gotten him legitimate help that he needed, like a wide receiver, and yet they TRADED picks that would net them that in order to get someone who won't in any way help him.

The only answer I can think for why this occurred is that they wanted to give Rodgers the middle finger. I love it. I'm glad they did it. But I don't understand it beyond a desire to tell him "go fuck yourself" on national tv.

5. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

The Packers have a history of making terrible draft decisions. Decisions not to fill a weak position mainly, never mind they trad picks to do it. This is really not news.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

on cue, The Ringer has a good article on it

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

cowboys got my favorite WR and a top 3 CB. Eagles just got Jalen Hurts which sucks.

8. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If the draftees sign a contract do they only get the bonus money this year if there are no games? Do they even get to keep the Bonus money?

Niners did well, they drafted to fill holes and got pretty much what they needed. Time will tell if they drafted the correct players.

9. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Obviously biased but I do think Kinlaws floor if healthy is a 10 year career at a little below a pro bowl level of play. Guy is a beast and relatively new to football so room to grow.

10. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

In all seriousness, is there any logical explanation for this? The draft was deeper than your mother's vagina. They could have taken a late round flier on someone and still gotten a solid dude. At this point I do feel bad for packers fans. Wouldn't be surprised to see rodgers hold out and demand a trade.

12. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's craziest thing I've ever seen. Maybe they want him to leave, hell if I know.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know you can get manipulate stats or cherry pick them to say a lot, but this is kind of amazing.

upload_2020-4-28_17-2-10.png

14. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Pats just signed Cam on a prove-it deal. RIP Stidham (though I imagine Hoyer might go instead).

Which reclamation QB do y'all think makes more of their situation, if there is a season: Cam or Jameis Winston?

16. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Cam could be the starter assuming health and Stidham not lighting it up in training camp. Jameis is going to be a backup unless Brees implodes and the Saints seem to love Hill as well. I don't think he's going to make any noise this season.

From the numbers I saw on the deal (up to $7.5 million and heavily incentive-laden), as a Bills fan, I hate it. Pretty low risk for the Patriots, and upside of a one-time league MVP. I'm not sure how much Cam has left in the tank, and it's certainly true that the entire league looked at him and went, "naah, we're good." But it's hard to ignore the potential benefit.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

dude, y’all have a great coach, great QB, great defense, and now one of the best deep threats in the league.

You’ll be fine

18. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, I'm happy with where the Bills are at right now. I just don't love any move by the Patriots with that kind of upside.

19. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is all moot. I just do not think we are going to see any football this year at any level. The niners look to be strong enough for a repeat Super Bowl run so I do hope I am wrong.

20. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think the Pats NEED prime Cam to win. I think decent Cam, with Stidham as a competent backup/development qb, their defense and above average performances from their rb/wr/te set puts them in contention.

Putting in another way, Brady hasn't carried the Pats for years now. Newton is by no means an upgrade from the greatest QB of all time, but he just landed the safest path to a ring any free agent QB had in the past few years.