Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2019 NFL SEASON

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Aug 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm guessing you would prefer the Packers win vs. the Seahawks tomorrow.

2. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Soooo....you can't win playing old school football anymore, yeah.

3. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does not matter, 9ers have beaten both.

4. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The entire city of Baltimore just went...."Oh yeah....Baltimore." Even the sirens sound sad this morning.

Another reminder, kids: Playoffs are who's hot, and you can't rest your way to victory. Harbaugh's face looked like a Dad who just caught his kid with his dick in a cantaloupe the entire first half.

My prediction is that the Titans will face a passing attack that can score in seconds (Chiefs, cough cough) and as we just witnessed, you can't really come from behind with a rushing game that needs that much clock. Great for the regular season, but in playoffs you are not likely to dominate a team to that level for multiple games.

Still, good on Vrabel for a perfect game plan.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

12 years ago, and this is still one of my favourite pics, where Favre beat up the Seahawks. It was also his last win.

Go Pack.

[​IMG]

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Wow... that was pretty cool watching Jimmy J get notified that he was heading to the Hall Of Fame.

And holy fuck does that guy who told him have a HUGE head.

7. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Love snow games. If KC and GB had played yesterday both would have been in the snow.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I think that's why I'm a Packer fan... Favre's work ethic (pre dick pic), and all the kick-ass aspects of Lambeau Field in the snow.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

if it wasn't for rodgers, I would absolutely love the packers. Its awesome that the fans are literally the owners and the team itself is a non-profit organization. Sort of like the Lions.

10. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it is wonderful that the NFC championship game will be played in Santa Clara with zero chance of snow.

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am still completely at a loss as to what your problem with him is. What was it again? Was it the alien thing?

Pussies.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

he’s a jerk with a very punchable face

13. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, that's tough.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I always said I could never be a cowboys fan as long as Romo was the qb and jerry Jones was the owner. I had since modified that to be as long as Jason garret was the coach rather than jj because he’s funny in the train wreck way.

this next season will be the first I’ll be rooting for them

15. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

**COUGH**avatar**COUGH**

If we played like we did in the first quarter of that game, consistently, we'd win the whole thing.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

yes the same applies to Brady. Love the team, hate him specifically. Roethlisberger too

17. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dear Pete. May I call you Pete? Pete. The Seattle Seahawks did not have a good defense this year. In fact, the defense hasn't been been good in a couple of years. Losing potential Hall of Fame level talents in your defensive backfield sort of makes your defense less good. Yes, Bobby Wagner is still good, but he is only one man. Clowney has a sports hernia and he got punched in the dick during the game yesterday. How he didn't immediately vomit and simultaneously commit the first on field murder in NFL history is a mystery to me. There is a reason why Delano Hill and Bryan Mone were on the practice squad. Ugo Amadi is a late round rookie. Tre Flowers somehow regressed after a rookie mistake filled season. All of these people played meaningful snaps in a road playoff game.

Pete, your MVP caliber QB whipped his dick out and slapped the ever living shit out of the Packers defense the entire second half. Of course, you waited until you could see the whites of the eyes of a playoff exit to stare you in the face. By all advanced metrics, Russell Wilson was a top 5 QB this year. He was in the midst of MVP consideration for 75% of the season. The Seahawks would be picking in the top 5 if Geno Smith was playing the position, assuming you didn't trade out of the first round or draft a defensive lineman who was a healthy scratch most of the year.

I bring up the shittiness of the defense and the otherworldly talent of the QB because, Pete, you believe the defense can still make stops, and you treat the passing game like a conservative politician treats his transexual son. You forget about the forward pass until you are forced to admit that they exist. Pete, you punted the ball away, late in the 4th quarter. You took the ball out of your QB's god-touched hands so Ugo Amadi could be torched by Devante Adams on yet another 3rd down conversion on the ensuing drive. The offense didn't see the field for the rest of the game.

You know, I can almost admire your dogged determination to establish the run with an almost 34 year old and 4th string rookie with an offensive line missing it's starting center and guards. Especially after watching the backup undersized center get absolutely prisonsexed by opposing nose tackles immediately after stepping into the job. I can even understand your belief that the run must be established before play action can be effective. After all, if people can bring a snowball onto the hallowed halls of Congress to disprove climate change, we can also believe that the run must be established, ignoring all the exhaustively researched data available behind an internet paywall.

What I cannot abide, Peter, is the continued waste of a surefire Hall of Fame career in the most important position in American sports. So, either destroy the headset in Russell's helmet and let him run the goddamned offense, or quit. This way, Paul Allen's estate can back up a dump truck full of money to someone like Lincoln Riley to get this team into the 21st century and another championship.

Signed,
    Jimmy James and everybody else who has fucking eyes and likes football.

18. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Great rant and spot on. Not a Seahawks fan, but RW is one of the best QB's in the league. If he had a great coach and a functioning OL they may have won multiple super bowls.

I watch Shula screw over Marino for years because he wouldn't fie his DC and get get someone with a clue. (Fuck you Tom Olivadotti, you clueless idiot.) Shula was a great coach, but let his friendship get in the way of business.

19. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's thought up some head scratchers throughout his career, but Pete Carroll isn't a bad coach. By the way, not including the times Wilson took off on his own he called 31 passes to 17 rushes. He called even more pass plays if you count the times Wilson turned a pass play into a rush. Even if the running game is shit you generally still have to exercise it just enough to keep the defense honest. What the seahawks need is a GM that keeps him away from off field decision making. That's where he really damages the team.

Oh, and this loss shouldn't surprise anyone too much. The seahawks had some pretty glaring holes in their line up this season that a McCarthy-free packer team took advantage of. Season of winning ugly aside, the packers were plenty good enough to beat Seattle this year.

20. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ok all you losers so far. The San Francisco 49ers are once again headed to the Superbowl for the eighth time. Packer fans, did you really expect a different outcome? Kansas City fans better start your Big talk now. You have two weeks to bask in going back to your first SuperBowl since 1970. A longer time than a majority of TIBers and Tibbetes have been alive. I congratulate you on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.