Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2019 HOLIDAY WDT [NSFW]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Dec 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Mars has some sort of over-generative bone/calcium disease that makes your joints knit together when not used (such as when you sleep) and makes bones become over-dense. Picture having your Skelton (especially your spine) replaced by a cement copy of itself. But he refuses to retire, and would rather live in chronic pain. As he says:

“There has been nothing better in my life than playing music, except for maybe walking down to the gas station to buy cigarettes.”

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I've had good luck with the Punch brand and Artuo Fuente. Just dipping my toes into it, to the point where I still won't pass up a Ghurka sampler pack because I don't think my tastes have evolved to the point where I could truly appreciate a great stick yet. Still working my way up.

Found some great zero-proof whiskey that allows me to still enjoy a whiskey and coke by the fire. The Ritual brand also makes a zero-proof gin that is quite tasty mixed with tonic and lime.

3. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Best "cheap" cigar is the Padron 3000
    My favorite's are the Ashton VSG's and Padron 1964's.
    I'm 7 beers deep and now craving a cigar but it's 43* outside so hell with that noise.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

If you’re into trying different ones, I’m partial to the Rocky Patel cigars. A lot of people don’t like them, but a RP Decade or 12 Year is really good. Or if you really want to treat yourself, the RP Vintage Series is excellent.

5. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The cigar that I always go back to is the La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel. It's the perfect blend of smooth with a little pepper. Their other variants are also solid, but this one is a stand out for me.

6. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I saw them once, I think it was around 10 years ago. Can't remember exactly as it was a spur of the moment thing.

They. Fucking. Sucked.

And I like their music. It's loud, it's fun, it gets you going. Kick Start My Heart is fucking bad-ass.

The only person in the band who was worth their salt was Mick Mars. He definitely held his own. I know I live in a place that's never going get the best performance out of any band that comes through and they only stop here as a warm up for the bigger shows in Calgary or Toronto, but my garage band I had when I was 14 could keep time and tune with each other better than they did.

Airborne opened for them, they hadn't really gotten big yet, and absolutely out performed them in every conceivable way.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

That's when you put on a carhart and light a fire in the pit. Love those nights. Kiddos go to bed, nothing but a cigar and the fire and the animals around me making fucking sounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.