Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2018 MLB

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Trakiel, Jan 29, 2018.

1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    That stuff has been going on forever, I'm not sure why the DR would make a fuss about it. Remember about 15-20 years ago that kid that dominated the Little League WS from DR? It turned out he was 15.

In other news, the A's just added Fernando Rodney. I, for one, am thrilled with this development.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I remember that Little League fiasco. It was fucking funny. That kid drove himself to the games and I’m pretty sure had a wife. They tried to pawn it off “Oh no, he’s twelve”. Your kid isn’t twelve, lady. He has a five o’clock shadow.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

What kind of dummy starts a fight with Yasiel Puig? That guy is built like a Greek statue.

5. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Right off hand, I would think it is pretty smart of Hundley. Both men are going to be given suspensions, but Puig is an everyday player and Hundley is the back up catcher and only plays every fourth game. If both men are given three game suspensions, it hurts the Dodgers for three games and the Giants for maybe none.

Puig may look like a Greek God but based on his slap fight above he does not fight like one.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That looked pretty typical for Puig. What about that made you think Hundley started that? The first slap and second shove were both instigated by Puig, not Hundley. Did Hundley say something to hurt his feelings? Why would Hundley get suspended? His actions consisted of getting slapped, blocking a slap, getting shoved, then getting tackled by another player. He never threw a punch, unlike Puig who threw or tried to throw several. It looked to me like Hundley said something along the lines of "watch your mouth" after he popped up and accompanied his bat snatch with a "Fuck!"

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’d shove the fuckhead back. I’ll just pull a Roughned and wait for my teammates to quickly form a wall.

#147 Crown Royal, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Check the Pence body check at about 2:54.

Puig is being a little bitch. Surprised if Hundley even gets suspended. Maybe a game, which like someone said before doesn't even matter. But he didn't shove or throw little bitch slaps like Puig did. Puig should get a few games for that though.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Not as many as I thought:

Yasiel Puig suspended 2 games, fined; Nick Hundley also fined

10. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

August 18, 2018 and the Oakland Athletics have moved into a tie for first place in the AL West. Damn that has a nice sound to it.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So I guess Harper got picked up on waivers last night by a mystery team, but now looks as though he’s finishing the season in Washington.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought it was the Dodgers. I can't remember all the rules to the waivers, but essentially everybody below a team in the standings gets first crack. But, then once a team claims, if the Nationals didn't want that particular team, they can pull back until the waiver term expires. It's just a way for the Nationals to try a quick test on the trade market. Whatever claim the Dodgers make, it's still a trade and the Nationals have to agree to the terms. They're hoping to get more than their one compensation pick when Harper hits the FA market next year. So, the Dodgers must not've offered much.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Dude, somebody on Twitter was spreading that it was the Braves. Who knows. We all know he’s going to the Yankees, though they’ll probably get rid of him after he refuses to adhere to their stupid grooming policies.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, who knows. I was just going off the MLB story, but somebody on Twitter probably has the low-down.
    https://www.mlb.com/news/dodgers-reportedly-claim-bryce-harper/c-291215548
    The Braves had expressed interest in the past. He'd be a good left fielder for them for sure, and I wouldn't mind another legit home run threat. However, the Braves have a better record than the Dodgers, so they wouldn't be able to claim him if the Dodgers did.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I figured he’d want to head West, he’s from out there. But he won’t be getting that so-called “Mr. Half-A-Billion” contract that Sport Illustrated was plugging a few years ago.

If any AL West team gets him, that will make that team a crazy contender I will say that. That division is always great to watch.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m at Jays vs. Phillies. Great seats in the line drive zone along first base line. Phillies seem to be going back to their 70’s/80’s look a la the White Sox are.

Think the White Six will bring back those fucking Fastball shorts? Jesus what a lame-ass owner stunt that was.

17. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From my favorite Red Sox blog:

http://www.survivinggrady.com/2018/08/the-red-sox-are-winning-again-and-everything-is-awesome.html

They're holding onto the best record in both leagues, the offense tends to put up crooked numbers nearly every night, and they've only been swept once the entire year. But fans can't root for their team. Yeah, there's some glaring issues with the bullpen, but there are so many comments from fans that are completely defeatist - that the entire season is pointless if they don't win a championship, that they're going to blow it in October, etc. etc.

When really, it all boils down to one thing - they'd rather say "i told you so" at the end of the year and feel superior, than they would actually root for the team and take shit from another team's fans if they don't win it all.

At least I'm not in my best friend's position this year - rooting for the Orioles...

18. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

19. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

Or maybe it will help us win against the goddamn Orioles/Rays/White Sox....

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse