Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2018 MLB

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Trakiel, Jan 29, 2018.

1. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Another typical Fernando Rodney outing:

Rodney.PNG

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But, he looked cool while falling apart, since his hat was slightly askew.

3. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Yankees and Red Sox. I’ll take a wild stab in the dark and predict that their fans will be at odds with each other. Perhaps using insults and profanties without the letter “R” being pronounced.

5. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Can you imagine how pissed off baseball & TV executives will be if we end up with a Milwaukee/Cleveland World Series?

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Cleveland deserves it after Lebron divorced them. Twice.

Plus think of all the drunken indian jokes we'd get to make!

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Make fun of their culture like that and they’ll come after you with their thundersticks.

8. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whew.

I know I made fun of other Boston fans for crying about the bullpen, but...yeah, the bullpen likes to give up runs.

9. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

Well yeah, when you compare them to Chris Sale.

No offense to Die4Metal, he seems like a decent, sane Yankees fan, but I hope the Sox crush the Yanks just because most Yankees fans are complete insufferable assholes. I have nothing against the players...Judge seems like a good kid, Didi comes across as a nice person, but most Yankees' fans? I want them to feel pain. Horrible, endless pain. So many of them act like they're personally responsible for every world championship won by the franchise since 1921. I feel bad for real Yankees fans because of the bandwagon fans, but I can't help but lump them all together just because of how obnoxious the fan base comes across.

So, who am I rooting for this post season? Anyone but the Yankees.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I try to avoid using the word “we” when referring to the teams I cheer for as much as possible. It’s hard to avoid saying “we won!” when you love your team. But THEY won...not me. I drank beer and cheered them on. Some fucking people...”WE’RE better than you.” No, the team you cheer for did better than the team I cheer for. Every single game ends that way, or vice-versa.

87EAB629-541B-4BF9-8583-D21D167FA54D.jpeg

#190 Crown Royal, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse

You are so right. There's not much that annoys me as much as some asshole saying "We" like they were personally responsible for every victory the team they root for wins. Especially when they only root for that team when they're winning.

12. dieformetal

dieformetal
    Expand Collapse
    Hurricanes Are My Bitch

I try to avoid “we” too. I’m sure I’ve said it without realizing it, but it is kind of the height of sports douchebaggery. I’ve had some version of this conversation a bunch of times.

Friend: YEAH! We won (whatever the fuck happened)

Me: Who’s “we”?

Friend: Y’know, (insert whatever team)

Me: What did you YOU contribute exactly? Other than emptying your wallet for jerseys/ball caps/assorted overpriced bullshit(like fake World Series rings, for example)?

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I use "we" for my college teams, where I actually went to school. I try to say ”the Braves" but often slip in a "we" because I've been a fan for over 40 years and was a season ticket holder for over 25 of those.

The Falcons are definitely "they." Bastards.

14. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed. I’ll use we for Carolina since I’m an alum. Braves get the they treatment since I am not an Atlanta Brave. On a side note I got to see Andruw Jones the other day. Dude is looking jacked. I expected him to be pushing 3 bills

15. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't believe how the Braves pulled that one out. Newcomb, a pitcher who hit 3-72 in the last two seasons, gets walked with the bases loaded on 4 straight pitches that were nowhere near the strike zone. Then the home plate ump misses the call on ball 4 to Acuna with the bases loaded, then he hits a grand slam. I still don't think that the Braves will come back, but if I were a Dodgers fan then I would be pretty angry right now.

#195 Czechvodkabaron, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, the pitcher's first name is Walker . . .

I was there and it was crazy. Crazy that it was actually mostly Braves fans - unlike when I go to Mets / Cubs / Sox games in the regular season and there are more visitor fans there. Except for that 3-batter stretch, Buehler pitched well. Several strange things:
    - When Newcomb came up, and Buehler threw that first high fast ball, Grandal went out to talk to him. I turned to my buddy and I was like, "wtf is he saying? 'Don't walk the pitcher with the bases loaded'? He already knows that." And, it got in Buehler's head, made him start thinking of the enormity of that moment. You could see him heave his shoulders, trying to take a deep breath and settle down. I thought that was a mistake by Grandal at that moment.
    - When Freddie hit that first pitch HR in the 6th, Puig took a half step back, and then looked at the dirt and never moved. Like, he was trying to disrespect the ball itself as it was flying over his head. That was awesome.
    - The Braves used up all their mound visits, but had one not count, I think? (Maybe they explained it on TV?). Suzuki went out once in the 7th, I think, and they didn't count it off the tracking number on the scoreboard. The rule says if the catcher goes out after an offensive substitution, that doesn't count, and I didn't know that. But, the Braves used them all up, which I had never seen this year, so there was spirited discussion among the fans in our section about if you get another one in extra innings (you do), and what happens if the catcher walks out anyway once they're used up (I have no idea).

17. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damn Dodgers won. Go Brewers.

18. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm thinking Buehler was in quicksand, having walked in a run and knowing that a bad call in his favor had prevented him from walking in another one. He just wants to put one in the strike zone at that point, and then bam.

19. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Red Sox pitchers might love Sandy Leon with the undying passion of a thousand suns, but last night's lineup was exactly what they needed. Eovaldi kept us away from the bullpen, Brock Holt is the first player to hit for the cycle in the postseason (why the hell was he on the bench for the first two games?!?), their catcher actually got some hits, and they give the Yankees their biggest postseason loss at home.

Sabathia on the mound for NY tonight - he's good, but the Sox have gotten to him before. Get some base hits, and then bunt on his bum-knee ass.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mr. Brocktober lead that hospital job yesterday (credit to Jim Rome), and the Yankees stand no chance tonight just because they won't have recovered from the shock.