Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2018 Holiday Drunk Thread (NSFW)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I’m off until the 2nd after 9pm tonight. I’ve never had a holiday break this long, it’s wonderful.

2. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm also off until the 2nd, and have no plans to leave my house outside of a 3 mile radius for the next 7 days. Time to break into some of those double digit stouts I've been storing in my basement.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Yeah, I need booze. This is a rare opportunity for me to enjoy some at home without worry. The only shitty thing is at some point we have drive 150 miles to wifey’s hometown. I’m hoping it stays green until then, I can’t stand long winter drives.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Aside from a few interviews I have scheduled next week, I’m basically off until after the new year as well.

Between then it’s cold beer, hot food, and things that go boom in the sky. Equal parts of all three.

5. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ever since we told the parents to go pound sand on the idea of being at their place on Christmas day, it's become sooooo less stressful. Now I can get up and not have to worry about anything other than having my coffee (by which I mean barrel aged coffee stout), letting the kids go crazy with presents, throwing the prime rib in the sous vide, and sitting on my ass until it's time for dinner.

6. wilder111

wilder111
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

since enough people have posted about BA stouts, whos cracking what for the Holidays this year? I've got a few Dragon's Milk variants that I (might) get into, besides the Bourbon County Brand Stout, and...maybe a Dark Lord....depending on the company

7. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Do you have a stand alone sous vide or a stick one? I have a vacuum sealer and the stick thingies look tempting...

8. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bourbon county, BA Ten fiddy, CBS, KBS, Whiskey Rebellion and a few random Weyebacher stouts here.

Ever since I had kids I am low on extreme beer drinking friends. This I will split a few of these with my family that know nothing of craft beer, but somehow respect it.

9. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm off til the 7th, thanks to the school year calendar this year.

I'm not entirely sure what I'll do with that time, although beer factors in fpr some of it. I also need to get back to editing my book.

10. wilder111

wilder111
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I befriended a guy at a local beer bar who invited me over to his place for the mayweather-macgreggor fight...I didn't quite understand his obsession with beer until he showed me his "beer fridge/bar".. he had almost every N. American rare beer ive ever seen in there. The Uber home was gonna be 90 bucks after the fight, so he decided to keep the party going and cracked a TG Mornin Delight and a 5 year cellared Bourboun county....

I slept on his kitchen floor...like a baby

11. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Did your butt hurt when you woke up?

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I have both and the stick does just as good a job as long as you have a big enough container/pot.

14. wilder111

wilder111
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I was drunk enough that I would've called it a fair transaction...

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If anyone wants a great Christmas binge-watch, “Happy!” is on Netflix. It has an amazing main character and is so blissfully fucked up.

16. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

To expand on this... I really like the self-contained, insulated unit that sits on the counter... I cook a LOT with it because it's super convenient... but if I'm doing something else along with it (like if I'm doing surf and turf, or veggies, etc) I can do both pretty easily at the same time.

As crazy as it sounds, I initially bought the stick for my fishing trips, as we go to a place that has really solid power, but shitty stoves... so I do a lot of sous vide cooking with it while we're out fishing... very hard to over cook that way, and it's just a pot of water sitting on the table with the stick running in it.

17. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

What kind of insulated container? I am thinking about what I already have and the crock pot comes to mind...

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I have one of these all-in-one units which is insulated, so it's really efficient and handy... sits on the counter and is used all the time. When I do 48 hour ribs it hardly uses any power to maintain temp.

[​IMG]
    With a stick, you can use anything that holds water, when it comes right down to it... but the more insulated the container is (a cooler, etc), the less energy it'll use over the long term.

I'm cool with using the stick with a big soup pot.

19. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anova makes a stick that's going for ~$60. I have their older, more expensive model, and I love it.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have an ANOVA. I just have the large plastic container with the lid with the cut out. I don't know if it's as efficient as it can be but it does a damn good job. I love my sous vide cooker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.