Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2018 Holiday Drunk Thread (NSFW)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

In all seriousness, when my wife and I were on our honeymoon in NZ, we got to see the All Blacks perform there haka before a match. It was amazing.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My friend Derrick was on the Canadian national rugby team for several years, he got to have it directed right at him on more than one occasion. He says “If anything, it fired OUR team up more than it did them. Then, they kicked our ass.”

Maori, Tonga, Samoan.... any island Native from that region make up the toughest human beings who ever lived, often ironically in a gorgeous paradise setting.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Had a beer with Mamoa in the LA airport about two years ago. My wife and I were on our way to Hawaii for thanksgiving and I was pushing a double stroller while wearing a T-shirt that said “dad bod” to highlight my... lack of working out? Wife took the kids to a table in the restaurant and I went to the bar because, airports. The tree trunk next to me started moving and made some joke about the appropriateness of me pushing that fucking stroller along with my shirt.

And that’s how everyone in the bar immediately hated me.

Super nice guy though. I’ve been fortunate to go to the islands a few times and we talked about that and raising kids. I was doing curriculum writing for the schools at the time and he was super interested in it because of his kids. My wife was sending my angry texts asking where I was and apparently “I’m having a beer with Jason mamoa” wasn’t an appropriate excuse.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Don’t be surprised if this creates a trend. In fact, bank on it:

...that being said, I should have done the same thing when I worked at Home Depot, only I’d probably spend at least hour on the phone insulting the place.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Getting alternatively colonized and having your ass kicked by typhoons over a few centuries will do that.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's too perfect, too cool, too everything. Im not too sure about the endless wisecracking in the Aquaman previews Ive seen. We'll see if DC can pull something off.

7. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

For anyone who is unaware (like me) hemp just got legalized nation-wide. Meaning CBD oil is now available. Holy. Shit. CBD oil is used to treat anxiety, depression, and is a general pain reliever.

I just got a bottle of extract on amazon (that didn’t take long!!) and while it’s a little expensive now, you can reasonably expect the prices to go down once the farming industry starts mass producing it.

8. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hemp will be legal. CBD is and still will be illegal.

9. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Hemp-derived CBD oil is legal. Marijuana-derived CBD oil is not. Medicinally, the marijuana-derived version is better. But the hemp-derived version is still very effective (source: I’ve tried it before for back pain, when it was illegal).

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't wait to try this miracle cure all oil. Cures back pain and psychological anxiety in one go...

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You mean Dr. Oz hasn’t whored it out as his weekly The Cure For Everything yet? GOD more than anything I want to kick that guy in balls.

Don’t believe the hype. It can be good for arthritic pain, that I will vouch. It helped get my best friend back to work after he was twisted up like Richard III.

But anxiety? I find that using ANYTHING extensively to fight off abnormal moods will eventually corrode you and your identity. My advice always is to avoid unnatural dependencies for your mental health until it’s a last resort, no matter how “natural” they are.

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

As a pain reliever it can be extremely effective. I can personally attest to that. Can’t vouch for the psychological benefits, as I haven’t taken it enough to know and I’m generally skeptical but willing to try anything.

Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it though. For pain, that shit is golden. I know there are some farmers on this board who I imagine are getting very excited.

And dr oz can suck a dick.

13. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

CBD is amazing. Hemp CBD is like the sad version of crayola crayons. It still works but...not the same.

I am having the worst time lately with noise. Like it’s intruding into my brain on nearly a physically painful level. Has anyone experienced this or anything similar?
    I find myself literally hiding in my closet with the door closed and my phone in another room so I can destimulate...that cannot be normal.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's a normal side effect of heavy stress or depression.

Considering what you're going though these days, I'm thinking "stress" could be a likely cause.

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I'm not a doctor, and I don't pretend to be one. But what you described was one of the main reasons I demanded an MRI that ultimately resulted in them finding my brain tumor and saving my life.

In all likelihood, it's an inner ear thing, which you can get fixed with some steroids and a visit to your local ENT. But take it seriously, and address it quickly.

**edit: Also what Nett said about stress potentially being a factor. Just don't play this off. Address it, fix it.

16. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well fuck.

I was hoping my initial thoughts were out of line.

Definitely some stress. I’m also a person whose anxiety presents as anger. And i dont know. This is exceptionally abnormal for me.

New Years I’ll make a(nother) doctor appointment.

17. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

And if your stress gets too bad I encourage you to see a therapist. My family tried to 51-50 me before they realized my anger (I was literally chopping down oak trees with a baseball bat) was a result of PTSD, which was a result of the medical experiences.

I post this rather than PM it because I think others can benefit from learning: don't hesitate to see a doctor. The individual impact of your trauma isn't dependent on what happened. You don't need to have been in a war zone to have severe PTSD. Domestic problems can cause it.

When it doubt, see someone for help. Worst case is you wasted an hour.

18. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh I definitively have ptsd from my past. It manifests in my distrust and personal distance from people I don’t know. I don’t walk into dark rooms - basically ever - and tend to avoid physical contact with people (especially men). I also don’t like the sound of a round chambering. Especially in a rifle.
    I spent a year in therapy back in 2014 and learned a lot of tools for handling that aspect of my brain.

This aversion to noise has ratcheted up significantly in the past 18 months and it’s just very different.

Therapy is amazing. If I had a solid network to access here I’d jump back in in a heartbeat.

19. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After years around aviation, I just thought I it was an annoyance to the hearing loss. I had no idea noise aversion was an indicator of stress until after a near irrational moment over a loud TV. Now days my aversion to noise is a fairly accurate barometer of my stress level which is handy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.