Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2018 Holiday Drunk Thread (NSFW)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I find this idea to be fairly silly...

You agreed to do something based on a certain scenario. In this case, it was that you were helping people out and they wouldn't be dicks about it.

They have since become dicks, so I see nothing wrong with deciding to just step away from the thing now. Contexts can change. It's not like you made a death-bed promise to a loved one that you would stop drinking or something... you offered to officiate a wedding between two people who you've now come to know much better as a result of this shower.

I mean, let's take it to an absurd level to illustrate the point. What if the groom called your wife a cunt and punched her in the face, knocking her the fuck out... would you continue to officiate their wedding because "your word is your word?" I would expect not. If you did, then I go back to my original statement of "you're a fucking idiot".

Again, the warning signs are there, you're the one pointing them out to us, but you're not acting on them... so don't be surprised if it turns into a shit show and fills your life with unnecessary drama.

Now, that being said, go right ahead... I think most of us will find it fucking hilarious (because "not us"), but I felt at least some obligation to point out the foolishness of your ways at least once.

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I completely agree with you on every point. Including the part where you said that I'm an idiot. This is the idiot board, after all. So I'm in the right place.

I intend to officiate their wedding, which will be a shit show, and I'll share with everyone here for y'alls amusement, and then I'm done.

Regarding your hypothetical if he punched my wife... well, I have the microphone. Fucker would have a little surprise in the middle of his ceremony.

As it stands, I do intend to slip in a little snide remark during the ceremony. Something only the bride and groom and my wife, FIL and MIL will get. Because fuck them. I'm doing this all for free. If they want something professional, they can pay for it. But they won't so they got me. Unless they wanna pay me, in which case they can't afford it.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And in case you were wondering, there it is right there... the pin being pulled from the drama grenade.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You have now gone from making this all about them on "their day" to this being all about you, on their day.

Nothing good will come of it... so don't be surprised.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That ship has sailed...

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I imagine reeling this statement back once I get less pissed. I still have 2 months and I imagine a lot will happen between now and then.

Forgive, don't forget.

7. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I still don’t get it. You threw them a party. They didn’t like it and left. It was their party. I feel like that’s their right. As was said above, it’s their wedding, not your wedding. You can be pissed. You can decide not to officiate, but don’t make their wedding all about you and your grudge. Be the bigger man.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As I a understanding it he contributed a whole lot of time and money to put on the party for them that they, ungratefully to his contribution, left. Not understanding why you don't see why he'd be upset?

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Totally get why he's upset, pissed, etc, and that's totally legit.

I just don't see why he doesn't pull back and remove himself moving forward... or else he's just in it for more of the same.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

True, but also a lot easier said than done. That’s like getting advice online to just divorce your spouse when things are rocky. Easy advice to give when youre not dealing with the direct fallout.

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I’m still in it because of my mother and father in law. They’ve always had my back and as much as I joke about them and talk shit, I adore them and they’re the first people to do anything for us. If me officiating their son’s wedding makes them happy, then I’m happy. I’ll deal with the use and abuse for that.

12. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yep, if I were you I'd remove myself from the situation completely and without a lot of fanfare. Anyone who knows the situation should understand and those that dont, fuck 'em.

Barring that and you insist on officiating, leave any snide remarks out of it. Be the better person.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Pretty solid advice there.

14. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Yeah that’s honestly what I plan to do. I know I can MC well. I’ll give them a great wedding, then leave that at that.

Anything else they want in the future, well, fool me once....

15. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

In response to a rep... just to clarify:

My brother-in-law, the groom, our first son has his middle name (my choice actually) and it's visibly tattooed on my forearm. Great guy. We'd still be friends even if something happened between his sister and I. Just his fiance is fucking horrible.

We all wanted to say "we told you so," but of course we can't. She runs the thing in the marriage, she was the instigator in the shit show last night, and he hasn't found his balls yet to where he can say no to her.

Hence the bet between me and my father in law.

16. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Use the wedding as an opportunity to aire your grievances and then just blame it on a brain tumor.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The only reason the guy is excited is because it will make money to help pay for all that goofy shit they bought for the wedding. And it’s an excuse to get REALLY drunk. But lots of guys will still have bachelor parties too. Besides, if a woman doesn’t want her fiancée to have a bachelor party, he should probably leave her or vice-versa. They already don’t like each other.

Personally I think a wedding/bridal shower is fucking dumb. You’re already getting gifts WHEN you get married. Baby shower? Yeah that makes more sense. You’re getting useful clean-up supplies for the shit machine that will soon be permanently installed in your home/life.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

In fairness, about a year after the brain tumor I learned I had permanent, short-term memory loss. Sucks sometimes, but makes for a great excuse when my wife asks me to do something I don't wanna do and I "forgot."

..... On a more serious note, I do have another MRI scheduled because of pressure behind one of my eyes. Hopefully the tumor isn't coming back, but if it is (which I'm legit scared about, bc pressure behind my eye was my main symptom prior), at least I have a road map for how to deal with it.

19. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck his reception. It’s a truth he needs to hear. Then he can never say he didn’t know.

20. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You’re a chaos person. I like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.