Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2017 Presidents Day WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It is impossible but life goes on regardless. Crazy but Joey 'Coco" Diaz of Joe Rogan universe fame put it in the exact words I had felt when my dad passed away, he lost his mom a 13. Basically summed up, the day before and the day after are just days, and the days keep coming and nothing you do will ever stop that, so you just move on without them. The emotional pain is smoothed over by the forward momentum of your life, though I don't think you ever really get over it.

2. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yea, the days between my moms death and her funeral were the longest days and hours of my life. We'd go out and get beers and only an hour had passed when it felt like it should've been at least three or four, then the day after her funeral time sped up again. I've been told random things will trigger my grieving and I accept that.

My school colleagues gave me two cards and it was humbling to feel that kind of support but it also reminded me I'll never have a mom again.

#102 toddamus, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just a word of advice from someone who's been there... your mom's death isn't what defines you, so don't let it. Don't let it consume you, or steer you down a dark path. Grieve, but keep it as short as you can, and then go out and make her proud.

Focus on yourself, first and foremost. She may have been a shitty mother, or a great mother, but regardless, the best thing you can do to honour her is to live a good, solid life that people will think highly of. If she was a shit mother, the story will be, "wow, he is a great guy, especially considering where he came from", or if she was a great mother, it will be, "not surprising he's a fine, upstanding person". Remember the good times with fondness, and forget the bad times.

But now you have to figure out your "new normal" that doesn't include your mother.

So go do that, and live a good life... don't wallow in despair. It won't happen on its own, you have to make it happen, and it takes work. So go put in that work and reap the rewards.

$0.02 CDN

4. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thats a good point. I get to redefine myself now without her influence. As I wrote before I am determined to live a less rage filled life and I think thats a good start.

And you're right, no more excuses about being shitty in friendships. My mom was a bit of an anchor, but I get to move on now and thats freeing in a way. I knew she always loved me, but she wasn't the greatest person and wasn't very interpersonally effective, no more blaming her for my current troubles, which is respectful to her memory and helps me.

5. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So worthless, and also there is no pennies anymore.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You get what you pay for.

7. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its starting to become blindingly obvious how kids in dysfunctional families become like their parents even if they hated them. Parents for better or worse are role models and if people like it not, we learn a lot from them just because we were around them so much growing up.

Is alcoholism hereditary? Yea, is a gene thing or environmental learning? There is a gene component, but if you grow up watching your parents getting trashed when they get stressed, its going to be awfully tempting to do the same thing once grown up.

Same thing with any behaviors good and bad.

#107 toddamus, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  8. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey Toddamus, speaking as a guy who just lost his dad, the only parent I had since 1996, what Kubla and Nett are saying is dead on. If you dwell on it, it will just eat you up.
    My boss offered to give me some time off work after he died, but I'm still working (I have taken a couple of days off to deal with necessary details), because it keeps me occupied (and I need the money).

If not work, try to get more into one of your hobbies/interests. There are some people who think that you have to go through some dark "grieving period," but everyone is different.

In other news, MY NEW VALVE SPRINGS ARRIVED TODAY!

(You know that you're a real gear-head when you get excited about a boring engine component like valve springs.)

And just to keep things on topic here in the Drunk Thread:
    Z3 -f7e8ebda6c571b78eeebf9ee5dc8d57a.jpg
    Z3 -01d3d858a4064a42b420bf2b5038cbb3.jpg
    Z3 -tumblr_npuh3tMMxC1s0drtuo1_500.jpg

9. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Y'all.

I was at work Saturday and a man came to the salon for a haircut.

I HATE cutting men's hair. I don't like touching men unless I know them. Men's haircuts give you hair splinters and all kinds of gross.

But I was available, and it's 30 bucks for like 20 minutes of work. So fine.

THIS MOTHERFUCKER STARTED MASTURBATING WHILE I WAS SHAMPOOING HIS HAIR.

We didn't see his actual penis, but his hand was stroking and he was opening and closing his legs and slightly rocking.

I hate.

10. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Skyello still roams free apparently.

11. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And he tipped me $6.

Ugh.

12. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Six dollars or six inches?

13. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Well, gee, now I feel bad for sharing my good salon story from today.

As everyone may have gathered from certain pics in certain threads, I have very big, thick, curly hair. A friend of a friend is apprenticing at Vidal Sassoon and was desperately looking for curly-haired people to practice her blowouts, so I got hooked up with a free visit and now I have stick straight hair and it. is. NUTS. My curls have always been a big part of my physical identity and when you have curly hair you don't have many options to make drastic changes so I'm all off balance. It's crazy how much of an entirely different person I feel like. If I were seeing someone, this would be the one time I'd be into role play. You be the cult leader and I'll be the flower child runaway. I'll be the bitchy CEO and you be the junior executive who makes a risky move in a meeting that gets the attention of the client...and my clitoris. I can't shake the urge to get some fake nails, turn on the vocal fry, and do this all the time:

[​IMG]

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, the problem was you didn't see his actual penis?

Just the tip.

I mean, come on.

15. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I dunno, if I pay $36 someone is going to see my penis damn it.

16. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe you just misinterpreted his request for something high and tight?

17. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apparently the salon owner didn't want me to choke slam him because despite the four of us KNOWING what he was doing we couldn't actually see it.
    Ugh.

18. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He was a sixty odd year old man with a ponytail he wanted trimmed.

AND HE DEMANDED I PULL HIS PONYTAIL BACK FOR HIM.

Yuck.

As to who does that?
    It happens in salons, mainly because creeper dudes don't know how to deal with being touched intimately by a female. Having your head washed and massaged by a female is, I guess, too much for them.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hmmm, so you're saying, hypothetically, if this happened at, say, my salon, the ladies there wouldn't be surprised?
    BRB

20. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Honestly?

Probably not.

They'd likely finish the service then ban the person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.