Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2017 Presidents Day WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

That's the kind of shit we were dealing with earlier this week in the kitchen. One of the switches that was supposed to turn on the fan is wired to one of the outlets. Why? I don't know. The other one wasn't wired to anything. It was just there, in the wall accomplishing nothing. Now the two way switch for the light works fine and the one turns on the fan. The other one literally only turns on an outlet that has no need of a switch. If it were in a spot where plugging in a lamp would make sense, fine, but it's on the kitchen wall.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Made this tonight:

Holy shit was it tasty. I highly recommend it.

I'm now into the second bottle of a nice Aussie shiraz while catching up on some TV I missed while on vacation. Speaking of which, I have another 2 weeks off, which is really nice... as I'm getting to build out my new shop. It's going to be a busy but fun couple of weeks.

3. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Instead of fish do large scallops. Add some shallots in there (actually, add shallots to everything you cook).

Gonna try to do something with the instant pot tomorrow. Not sure what. Anyone have ideas for my first dish with it?

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I actually used scallops and about 4 different types of chunky white fish. I also sous-vided them to ensure they were perfectly cooked rather than cook them in the sauce.

And yep, shallots are a staple in my cooking... much less harsh and more flavourable than onions.

5. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

I always use onions, and then shallots in addition to the onions. Or shallots as well as garlic. Never all three. Garlic is such a bitch to peel though, otherwise I'd use fresh garlic rather than from the can or jar a lot more.

I'm still working on perfecting my brisket rub. A year later, I know. I'm never satisfied with it. Thinking of putting some shallots in the dehydrator and then adding those?

El preggo's tastes change on such a damn near daily basis it's getting impossible to plan any meal more than a few hours in advance.

6. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

This was my first Instant Pot meal, and for something that is essentially goulash it's one of my favorite pasta meals. I'm not sure why it tastes so good, but I think it's the wine (in the recipe, you jackals.)

And you need a garlic press. No need to peel, just throw it in and squeeze.

7. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I can't stop watching this dude's videos. I'm wondering why he's playing in his bedroom to a Darth Vader mask instead of actually out performing.

Trust me, this is not an easy song to pull off well. It's easy to do a shitty version, but he nails it and has stage presence while doing it.

8. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What is instant pot? Sounds like something an 18 year old stoner would invent

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Attempt number 2:

Interestingly enough, it was Elon Musk himself that hit the abort button on the last launch 10 seconds before it was off... it wasn't an automated check or anything... he just wasn't 100% confident based on the stuff that had happened in the previous 24 hours.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And it was fully successful! Go Space!

11. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

SpaceX isn't just entertaining, its economic. And SAFE. No more entire shuttle crews being blown up.

When you watch it land, it looks like atiny RC drone because of the drop and touchdown speed. Then you realize that thing is bigger than a grain elevator.

Space launches from NASA cost billions more than thirty years ago. SpaceX delivers to who wants what. They're like FedEx, only their turf is inside a Perfect Vacuum:

image.gif

...that's right, for only a few extra bucks we'll nearly double the power of your controlled megaton explosion. Fuck, we'll go to Mars now too. Or your money back.

#92 Crown Royal, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

What is it with guys growing these insane beards now? Is it like some rule of manliness that your beard has to be longer than your dick?

14. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

15. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Both Jungle Julia and Li'l Bandit want me to grow out my beard to ZZ Top proportions. THey each have their own reasons for this.

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

My son just jumped up into my chin (by accident), sending my teeth into my lower lip. Horray for cuts in places you can't stitch or glue shut!!

Also, there's a large storm coming this way bringing the potential for tornadoes and hail. Horray X 2!!!!

17. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Mom is in the crypt (we didn't bury her she's in a mausoleum which I prefer to her being in the ground), I'm back in Minni, and its time to get back to life whatever that means now.

Seems like its impossible to lose someone important and loved and for things to ever be as they were before.

18. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it me or are those images exceptionally phallic?

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Last night a tornado missed my rental property by less than a quarter mile. Some houses had their roofs blown off, some totaled, shit like that. My house was perfectly fine.

Nature is weird.

20. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.