Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2017 NFL SEASON

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Aug 9, 2017.

1. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hopefully, he didn't just RGIII himself into mediocrity.

2. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

OT against the Browns. Holy fuck.

The Seattle game was fucking nuts. They went into complete "But we are the Seahawks! We don't lose! WAH WAH WAH " mode. I haven't checked yet but I bet the fines are flyin'! And lil' Pete should be one of them. You can't run to the middle of the field to question the officials. Kinda like you reeeally shouldn't make a tackle when the other team is TAKING A KNEE, because the game is over, done, you lost get the fuck over it. And you REALLY shouldn't do it AGAIN. But then again, you also shouldn't try to climb over the rail to get to the fans who were throwing shit at you and talking shit over the whole tackle, taking a knee thing. Stay classy Seachickens!

#202 shegirl, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Annnnd Rodgers is back.

Making the playoffs is still a long shot and the team doesn't even look particularly confident, but I'm just thankful I won't be watching a repeat of week 11 against the ravens this Sunday.

4. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I have to say I am against him playing. Too much at stake.

5. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How do the patriots pull these wins out of their ass?

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Deflating the ball a little bit, obviously.

7. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

If the Falcons win tomorrow the Packers are eliminated from playoff contention. If that happens, does Rodgers play the last two games with a not-fully-healed collarbone and nothing to play for?

8. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There was a lot of reports that he healed faster than expected. He took a lot of hits today and bounced back just fine. What really hurt his game was that he had been out so long. He got blindsided a couple times and those interceptions were terrible throws.

If there's any question about his health they might as well let him sit though. Get Hundley a few more reps in there. Hoo-rah!

I don't know what the point in having him play next week would be, other than trolling the vikings out of a top seed. Not such a bad reason...

9. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Watching the Jags game today (Orlando is Jags territory), I have to admit that Bortles has come around. For all the shit he has taken over the years he has hung in in a lot of bad situations from shitty coaching, shitty rosters to shitty management. I think he has an opportunity to stick around as this team really starts to rise. Hopefully Coughlin can straighten this whole things out for the long haul.

Separately, I watched the last few minutes of the niners game, I am really happy to see Jimmy G finally get to play; this may be contra to popular opinion but he should still be a Patriot right now and taking Brady's spot next year. I will never agree with letting him go, he was the future of the Patriots, if anything, Brady should have been shipped off.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Falcons should be winning this game by 20 points. Gah. But, good lord, these teams are hitting hard tonight.

11. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it or is that because they're actually good this year? I thought Orlando was pretty split.

Anyway, they've been a lot of fun to watch this season. Hands down the best defense in the league, in my opinion.

He's not a great QB and I don't think he'll ever be elite level (the Brees/brady tier) but he's a serviceable franchise caliber QB. If I were to build a team today I'd take him over guys like Flacco and Eli Manning. I've cringed quite a bit over the last few years at local fans blaming so many of the team's problems on him. That Bortles managed to throw for 35 tds and 4,400 yards a couple seasons ago in that dumpster fire of an offense was quite an accomplishment.

As for Coughlin, Jags fans should be sending NY a thank you basket for firing (ahem forcible resignation)a 2 time super bowl winning coach.

12. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Has anyone besides me noticed the 49ers have won four games in a row, including one today against a playoff team? I am not even sure I am minding that they are dropping down the draft list in a hurry.

13. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not a Pats fan, but maybe they should have traded Brady and kept Garoppolo. It would have caused a huge shit storm but it may have been the smarter trade.

14. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Nah, there's a pretty good chance they'll win another super bowl with Brady. I don't think they're wrong to ride him out until he's done.

San Francisco should be pretty happy with the trade though. A second rounder for a franchise QB is a fucking steal. Look at what the bears gave up for Cutler. Garappolo hasn't put in the time to prove that's he's a long term answer just yet, but it's looking that way.

That said, the jags were off their game and aren't really playing for anything at this point.

15. SouthernIdiot

SouthernIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yes, but I doubt Brady plays more than another year or two and the cupboard is bare. Maybe they find another quality replacement in the draft but that isn't easy to do. I think Belichick retires when Brady does so it may be a moot point anyway.

16. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's a good problem to have no doubt but I am reminded of San Francisco when they shipped off Joe Montana to make room for Steve Young and they kept the train rolling for a lot longer than they would have if they kept Montana. I really see it as the same thing, that is of course if BB plans on sticking around, which of course is a leap in logic at this point because he would never let on in the media what his plans are.

17. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My guess is that, whichever retires first, Belichek or Brady, the other will leave immediately after. Those two are a unit. Then, this fucking Patriots dynasty can finally be fucking over.

18. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

People were saying the same thing about Popovich when Duncan retired. Now he has Kawhi and they’re third in the West despite Kawhi being out.

I’ll believe it when I see it. Can’t stand Brady, hope he retires and is never seen or heard from again, but I love their troll poaching of Harrison.

19. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Buffalo Motherfucking Bills made the playoffs.

I thought that Baltimore game was going to give me a fucking heart attack.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, are the Raiders hiring Gruden, or not? Also, I thought the new stadium would have a little bigger seating capacity:
    upload_2018-1-3_11-44-47.png