Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2017 NFL OFF SEASON

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by shegirl, Apr 4, 2017.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I think Romos latest move is enough to warrant starting this thread. Byeeeeeeeeeee. Maybe he'll get a little party, or something.

2. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bah, do not let the door hit you on the way out Romo. The real question is which team will be hurting so bad at Quarterback that they will ignore the blackballing of Kaepernick.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Romo will be out with paper cuts and a back injury before the first NFL Sunday show.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

lol bears

They already got glennon. Never mind that trubisky isn't even the best QB in THIS draft.

5. barney

barney
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The 9ers are killing it in this draft - an extra 3rd and 4th this year, and an extra 3rd next year to move back ONE SPOT and take the guy they were going to take anyway. Then using the 4th pick they acquired to go back into the 1st and grab the 2nd guy they wanted. Thomas and Foster are a great haul for the first day.

6. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agree, the 49ers won the night. Well done for anyone, much less a rookie GM who just came down from the booth.

I also think that Tampa Bay may have gotten the steal of the night, with OJ Howard being there. I feel certain it immediately makes their offense a LOT better with Crab Legs being able to throw to him.

And, if Tak brings half this passion to the field, the Falcons D also just got a lot better.

7. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I can't think of anywhere else to post this so here it is, Chris Bermans wife was killed in a car accident this morning. Especially sad since he had just stepped away from the mic to enjoy life.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Awww man.... I really feel for the guy. And some weird part of it means he can't throw himself in his work to help cope with her loss.

9. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Aaron Hernandez committing suicide before his appeal went to trial means that his murder conviction is voided. His contract with the Pats is now valid again, and his daughter/baby mama get roughly $6M. Guess maybe he did kill himself...

10. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That doesn't actually seem to be the case. Some articles have speculated on that, but most of the ones with actual legal opinions seem to indicate that there's no way the Pats are actually on the hook for anything.

In order for the family to get money, the NFLPA arbitration (note: arbitration is not bound by this suicide loophole, and he was released for "conduct detrimental" or whatever, not specifically for killing someone, so any weapons charges that were not appealed would still be perfectly acceptable reasons to release him) would have to find against the Patriots. In order to even kick off that process, I believe the family will have to take the Patriots to court, and he is/was currently facing wrongful death civil lawsuits, so any dollar they get from the Pats would almost inevitably go right back out again.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  12. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

And in other Seahawk news Kaepernick is working out with them today. And Eddie Lacy is on the Lose Weight For Extra Bonuses plan with them. Things are busy busy up there.

13. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Just printed the schedule/s for 2017. The Packers first regular season game is at home playing Seattle. I have a lot of bottled up hatred for that team.

14. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can we start placing bets on the Turd Bowl this year?

The Jets are rumored to have the worst roster in the league this year. They play in the same division as the Bills, for fuck's sakes.

15. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jets for sure, they are dropping any talent they have.

16. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
  17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

18. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

OK, lambaste me for this all you want:

You know why Colin Kaepernick doesn't have a job? Or a paycheck?

Because he OPTED OUT of his MOTHERFUCKING contract!

Sorry, but I have zero pity for him. He signed a contract, he gambled that if he opted out someone would sign him, and no one will. Tough tittie, asshole. You OPTED OUT. Opted, from the greek "To decide not to play for the team that you signed a contract to play for."

In all this politically correct, OMG he's being blackballed bullshit, NO ONE will point out that HE decided to be unemployed. He rolled the dice, he lost. He is the 2017 version of Latrell "I gotz kidz to feedz" Spreewell. Fuck him.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I'm tired of people using his case for identity politics, like somehow sticking up for him makes them a good person by comparison.

Dude wore socks that had a picture of pigs dressed as cops, during the height of the police violence thing. He wore a shirt with fucking FIDEL CASTRO on it!!!

You don't get to play the righteous social warrior and then also complain when some people disagree with you going to far. There were MANY other players who decided to knee during the national anthem. They aren't facing the same employment problems. Know why? Because that's all they did. They made their statement about something in society then went back to work. Kap ultimately made the protest about him. He could have done it quietly, and he would likely have a job by now. But team owners are employers, and kap showed that as an employee, he makes bad decisions. Why should they hire him then?

20. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The 49ers were going to release kaepernick before they had to pay him his 2017 bonus. He would have been in the same situation now regardless if he had not opted out of his contract. In addition, the 49ers were not going to play him last year until he renegotiated his contract with the team to remove all injury guarantees for 2016. He did that to show potential teams that he could still play. He had 16 touchdowns and 8 interceptions in the half season that he did play, throwing to a receiving corps that did not include one player who will make any team this year.

Bag on him all you want, but your reasoning is not why he is unemployed.