Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

2017 Holiday Drunk Thread NSFW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Well, looks like I managed to sleep through another new year. Happy New Year's, idiots!

2. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

So... uhm... happy new year? Looks like the middle east is imploding with another "Arab Spring" kinda thing. Iran specifically.

Meanwhile I'm dealing with fallen tree branches on my roof and scouring my attic for any structural damage (none yet, crossing my fingers).

Today will involve a lot of pole sawing, pruning spray, and cigars. Happy fucking 2018.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Careful there.

4. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

To 2018s credit, the year is looking good, as I have a horrible history with ladders. A few broken bones off them, and too many broken noses to count. But I just set my personal record by injury-free climbing two stories onto our roof to remove a limb.

Now I'm gonna sit inside a warm house, wrap myself in bubble wrap, and watch Live PD.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So yesterday my friend introduced me to the most pretentious vegan in history.

I am seriously considering taking up cannibalism after seeing this:

....is she (or it) for real?

6. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's now official and it's safe for me to say it out loud: We got through 2017 unscathed and better.

2016 was a real motherfucker, so I kept the bar low for '17.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Why would anyone give a shit?

I just don't care about that kind of crap... at all... not even going to click on the link and give her the views, or, more importantly, waste my time.

If there's one thing I've learned, time is the one thing that you will never have enough of... so use it wisely. Even when I waste it, I try to do so wisely.

I'm not one to partake in the "outrage" culture... unless it's in my face and unavoidable (in which case I'm probably the one that's outraged), I just don't care. Don't give a fuck. At all.

The absolute best way to "protest" online stupidity is to just ignore it.

You can even see that around here... in some of the more serious and controversial threads, you'll see that some people argue with pages and pages of rebuttals... good on them for that.

The ones that are REALLY telling are the ones that have no replies at all. The author may think that they've "won" the "discussion", but more often than not, people are just ignoring them because they're not worth engaging in the first place.

My favourite PM was once, "have I been shadowbanned?", and I replied, "nope, we don't have that feature... they just don't give a shit about what you have to say".

8. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sounds like you just don't understand the physics of an airplane on a treadmill.

9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You should try running on a treadmill on an airplane on a treadmill, while bouncing a ball that lights up in a box with a cat.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Oh yeah?

How about what happens to a drone in a moving car. Wrap your crystal-infused knoggin around that one.

11. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A bee/wasp in the car while I'm driving is one of my great phobias. I never leave the windows down when I park.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The biggest drone in this video is this guy's voice.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't believe I watched that whole stupid video. There is so much bad and wrong in there. Omg.

Why is he confining himself to a minivan? Good grief. Dude, rent a U-Haul or borrow somebody's panel van. And, why is he trying it in and out of his driveway? How hard would it be go go to a nearby parking lot where his wife wasn't having to turn. And, the tennis ball explanation at the end? It doesn't keep moving when the van stops because it's so aerodynamic. It keeps moving because it's not acting on by another force, thank you Isaac Newton.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

COME ON DUDE... He self-identifies as a "Scientist", so you can't say shit!

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

A graphic designer/amateur aero engineer would like a word with you.
    8AA28821-C324-4FFB-A64E-AC5B4A145864.gif

16. Fiveslide

Fiveslide
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got put in an awkward situation over the holidays. My biological father is a long-time elected official, a small town mayor that had an affair with my mother. For whatever reason, his political career or fear of divorce or something else, he never told his other kids about me... until he had a health crisis just before the holidays and thought he was going to die, he confessed to his son what he had done and that I existed.

His son was ecstatic, he always wanted a brother. So he reached out to me. It was an awkward conversation, for me. The two of us seem to have a lot in common, even had the same careers at one time. He wants to come up here and meet. I'm content with my family and close friends, I don't often let new people in, I guess we'll see how this goes. I grew up with a great family, a brother, and I couldn't have asked for a better step-dad. He's been in my life for 35 years and always treated me like his own son. I first met my biological father when I was 16. I never felt like I missed out on something with him or his kids.

Weird week.

17. MobyDuk

MobyDuk
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Tread lightly. I met my half brother a few years ago. He seemed okay, but a bit over religious for my taste. Still, I gave it a try. Until he got convicted of seducing a 12 year old over the internet.

Anyway, good luck.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Ummmm.....wow.

19. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Oregon just repealed a law that prevented people from pumping their own gas. The natives are not happy.

Capture.PNG

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Weird. I hate having my gas pumped for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.